2020-21 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2021 NBA Defensive Player of the Year award?
- Big men make up the favorites, with Antetokounmpo, Davis and Gobert a the top of the board
- Track how the odds fluctuate throughout the 2020-21 NBA season
We’ve been tracking the odds to win the 2021 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award all year long and have included the data below. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
2021 NBA Defensive of the Year Odds
- [January 6] Ben Simmons impressive start to the season has surged him into the top five contenders, now at average odds of +850 after opening at +2400
- [November 26] Anthony Davis has opened as a slight +240 favorite to win the award in 2020-21. Rudy Gobert is at odds of +300 to win his 3rd DPOY in four years
2021 NBA DPOY Odds
Odds taken January 7th
While Giannis Antetokounmpo guns for his second straight year winning both MVP and DPOY, Anthony Davis is his biggest challenger – while AD also guns for his first MVP award.
Could Rudy Gobert win his third and tie Dwight Howard for second most all-time?
Past 10 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Winners
|2020||Giannis Antetokounmpo||Milwaukee Bucks|
|2019||Rudy Gobert||Utah Jazz|
|2018||Rudy Gobert||Utah Jazz|
|2017||Draymond Green||Golden State Warriors|
|2016||Kawhi Leonard||San Antonio Spurs|
|2015||Kawhi Leonard||San Antonio Spurs|
|2014||Joakim Noah||Chicago Bulls|
|2013||Marc Gasol||Memphis Grizzlies|
|2012||Tyson Chandler||New York Knicks|
|2011||Dwight Howard||Orlando Magic|