- Brooks Koepka and Justin Thomas the favorites to win 2019 PGA Tour money title
- Rory McIlroy with enticing odds to win third career money list
- The best value picks to take home the most cash
The PGA Tour is on a short break before the 2018-19 season picks back up in Hawaii in January. But that doesn’t mean we’ve stopped trying to find good value for the upcoming season.
Through eight official events, Brooks Koepka holds a slim lead on the money list while Justin Thomas finds himself way down the ranks at 59th. But he’ll surely be in the mix to make it a three-peat of money list titles.
Odds to Win 2018-19 PGA Tour Money List
|Golfer||Odds to Win 2018-19 PGA Tour Money List at Bovada|
*Odds taken 12/18
Is Koepka or Thomas more likely to win the money list?
In the last two seasons Brooks Koepka has racked up three major titles, while Thomas has won once (2017 PGA).
However, he consistently makes more money than Koepka simply because he plays more – an average of five more events per season in their four full years on tour.
Koepka vs Thomas Money List Rankings
“My game is pretty simple. I guess you can call it caveman golf—you see the ball, hit the ball and go find it again.“ -Brooks Koepka
Caveman golf at its finest… pic.twitter.com/mQ6MGqRdsB
— Skratch (@Skratch) October 23, 2018
Despite the fact Koepka has those major titles, he’s never finished higher than fifth on the money list because of the light schedule – so Thomas is more likely to earn more money – perhaps the most on tour for a third consecutive season.
"You like that?" 😂
— Golf Digest (@GolfDigest) December 15, 2018
Last 5 Winners of PGA Tour Money List
Rory McIlroy a great value at +1600 to win Money List
Rory McIlroy recently made waves claiming he won’t play the full requirement of European Tour events to keep his tour card. However, he seems to have gone back on that and will likely add just two more events to retain playing privileges.
— Mirror Sport (@MirrorSport) December 17, 2018
His odds of winning the money title for the third time (2012, 2014) in his career have increased significantly with the heavier schedule stateside.
This is one bet you must make as the Ulsterman is primed to have a big season after two down years (by his lofty standards).
Value Picks to win 2018-19 PGA Tour Money List
- Jon Rahm (+2200): The uber-talented Spaniard is poised to take that next step in his career. He’s won five times in the last two years between the States and Europe and recently won the Hero World Challenge. These odds might drop early in the season so it would be prudent to bet sooner rather than later.
- Paul Casey (+12500): It’s tempting to take Henrik Stenson at +8000 but he plays the bare minimum events most every year. Of all the other guys listed, Paul Casey has the best value – he’s been no worse than 24th on the money list in the last four seasons – and that’s just with one victory to his credit in that span. These odds are very juicy and would yield a massive payout.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.