- Bernhard Langer has won seven straight Champions Tour Money Titles
- Steve Stricker is the best bet to dethrone Langer
- We have the best value picks to take home the most cash
Bernhard Langer has been leaving his fellow 50+ something contemporaries in the dust for years now, having dominated to the tune of seven straight money titles.
Langer has racked up 38 Champions Tour titles (second most all time to Hale Irwin), despite “only” two last season. Will the machine-like German finally be slowing down and allowing someone else to take over his crown?
Odds to Win 2019 Champions Tour Money List
|Golfer||Odds to Win 2019 Champions Tour Money List at Bovada|
|Miguel Angel Jimenez||+700|
*Follow the link in the table to see all options; odds taken 12/21
Bernhard Langer is ridiculously good
Simply put Bernhard Langer is a beast. Like a fine wine he’s getting better with age. And that is bad news for the over-50 set, who have too often had to play bridesmaid to his never ending tour dominance.
Bernhard Langer has played 219 career PGA Tour Champions events. Including today, he’s won 37 of ‘em.
That’s a 16.9 percent clip. Ridiculous.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelTAN) May 7, 2018
If you’re banking on the 61-year old human ATM to slow down and not finish first you’re playing with fools gold. There will be a year eventually that he doesn’t reign supreme, however, and there is one specific golfer who could dethrone the behemoth.
Bernhard Langer's @ChampionsTour ranks this season:
1st: #SchwabCup points
1st: Greens in Regulation
1st: Par 3 Scoring
1st: Par 4 Scoring
1st: Putting Avg.
1st: Birdie Avg.
1st: Scoring Avg.
1st: Ball Striking
1st: All-Around Ranking
1st: 3-Putt Avoidance
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) November 11, 2017
Last 5 Winners of Champions Tour Money List
Steve Stricker the Biggest Threat to Langer
Steve Stricker split his time between the PGA Tour and the Champions Tour last season but he made his seven Champions Tour starts count with three victories.
Stricker’s Seven Champions Tour Events in 2018
|Rapiscan Systems Classic||1|
|Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf||T-5|
|American Family Insurance Championship||T-3|
Stricker finished an astounding 13th on the money list despite playing in only seven events! All of the 12 guys ahead of him played at least 20 tournaments. It’s safe to say that Stricker is without question the man who could unseat Langer.
He’s done it. 🏆
— PGA TOUR Champions (@ChampionsTour) September 23, 2018
Value Picks to win 2019 Champions Tour Money List
- Scott McCarron (+800): McCarron has finished second on the money list in the last two seasons and fifth the year before in his three full years on tour, racking up eight victories.
- Jerry Kelly (+1400): Finished fourth and sixth on the money list in his two seasons, Kelly has also posted three victories, recording a top-10 in nearly half of his starts on tour (21 in 44 tourneys.)
- David Toms (+2500): Broke through for his first Champions Tour victory at the US Senior Open last year en route to sixth on the money list. The ultra consistent and solid Toms has the chops to push Langer for the title.