- The RSM Classic tees off Thursday, November 17th
- Tony Finau is the +900 favorite over Brian Harman
- Below, see the RSM Classic odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
The final official PGA Tour event of 2022 heads to Saint Simons Island, Georgia for the RSM Classic. The event will be contested on two courses, and it is a birdie fest, with the last seven champions shooting at least 17-under-par. This tournament has also seen seven of the last ten winners making this their maiden PGA Tour title, including Talor Gooch last season.
Fresh off his third win in 2022 at the Cadence Bank Houston Open, Tony Finau headlines this tournament as the betting favorite over Brian Harman. Following this week, the next official event will be the Sentry Tournament of Champions in January.
2022 RSM Classic Odds
Odds as of November 14th at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to make your RSM Classic bets
Finau, who is playing the RSM Classic for the first time since 2014, starts the week as the +900 favorite to emerge victorious in back-to-back weeks. Doing that isn’t foreign to him, as he won the 3M Open and Rocket Mortgage Classic in successive weeks this last July.
Finau was in cruise control to win the Cadence Bank Houston Open, easily snagging the title by four strokes over Tyson Alexander.
Jason Day Returning to Form
In his last four tournaments, former world number one Jason Day has put together solid finishes. In that time frame, he’s gone T-8th, T-11th, T-21st and T-16th. In his last 12 rounds, unsurprisingly he’s accumulated some nice ‘strokes gained’ stats over various categories.
Jason Day’s Last 12 Rounds
|Tee-To-Green||Ball Striking||Total||Approach||Off-The-Tee||Putting||Short Game|
Day has had success at this tournament in the past, posting a respectable T-12th in 2020. He sports odds of +2200, which is the fourth choice in the eyes of oddsmakers. He’s trending upwards and against an inferior field, this could be the tournament that gets his career fully back on track following a slew of injuries.
Past Five RSM Classic Winners
|2018||Charles Howell III|
2022 RSM Classic Picks and Value Bets
- Taylor Montgomery (+2500): Before a middling result at the Houston Open, Taylor Montgomery was on absolute fire to begin his rookie season. He chased four straight top-10s on the Korn Ferry Tour to end his campaign with five straight tournaments on the PGA Tour with nothing worse than a T-15th. In the last 24 rounds, Montgomery is second in total strokes gained and first in putting.
- Webb Simpson (+5000): Though Webb Simpson very much had a down year in 2022, he returns to a venue he’s very comfortable on. Twice he’s been involved in playoffs at the RSM Classic (2011, 2019), and has three other top-10s, including one last year. In the last 24 rounds on the main course, he’s first in total strokes gained, tee-to-green and ball striking.
- Sepp Straka (+13000): In terms of longshot value, it’s hard to find better than Sepp Straka. He’s the third highest-ranked player competing (28th) and has a victory this year at the Honda Classic. He’s also found himself in two playoffs in his last eight tournaments. He’s a total boom-or-bust golfer, however, as he’s recently missed his last two cuts, but at these odds, the value is very much there.