FAU vs Memphis Odds, Picks, and Predictions (March 17)
- No. 9 Florida Atlantic faces No. 8 Memphis in the Round of 64
- The Tigers are 2-point favorites on Friday, March 17
- Read below for the latest FAU vs. Memphis odds, predictions, and betting splits
Friday night features two conference-tournament champions in an intriguing 8/9 matchup between the Memphis Tigers (26-8 SU, 17-16-1 ATS) and the Florida Atlantic Owls (31-3 SU, 21-10-1 ATS). These two teams play in the East Region of the March Madness bracket. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:20 pm ET.
Memphis enters March Madness as one of the hottest teams in college basketball. Fresh off an American Athletic Conference Tournament Championship, they have now won nine of their last 11 games including beating No. 1 seed Houston in the AAC title game. The Owls are not unknown to winning streaks, however, as they have won ten of their last 11. FAU is tied for first in the nation in wins this season with 31.
FAU vs. Memphis Odds
|Florida Atlantic Owls||+2 (-110)||+115||O 153 (-110)|
|Memphis Tigers||-2 (-110)||-135||U 153 (-110)|
This 8/9 matchup should be a close one, as Memphis is favored by just two points. Memphis is just 11-14-1 against the spread as a favorite this season, and FAU is 3-2 against the spread as an underdog. A lot of points are also expected Friday night as the total is set at 153 points.
LOCK IN PROMO
Bet $5 & Get $150 Instantly!
GET $150CLAIM OFFER
Odds as of March 16 at DraftKings Sportsbook. See the best March Madness betting apps.
Memphis vs Florida Atlantic Betting Splits
FAU vs Memphis Betting Trends
Memphis has also won 18 of their last 20 games against Conference USA opponents.
The Tigers rank 159th in the country in offensive rebounds per game with 8.6. The Owls on the other hand rank twelfth in defensive rebounds per game with 26.1.
Florida Atlantic vs Memphis Prediction
This game should come down to the wire as the spread indicates. Memphis is riding high off their win against Houston, but Florida Atlantic does not seem to be getting enough love for being a 30+ win team. The Tigers will be their most talented opponent yet, but the Owls have the talent and size to stay in this one.
A flaw for Memphis has been their offensive rebounding, and that will show in March. FAU has the size advantage with Vladislav Goldin in the post. Goldin averages just under seven boards per game and will have another big game Friday night. The Tigers not being able to get extra possessions will allow the Owls to play at their pace and give them the edge in what will be an exciting March Madness matchup.
Pick: FAU +2 (-110)
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON COLLEGE BASKETBALL & GET $150 IN BONUS BETS!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
Other March Madness first-round predictions:
- Utah State vs Missouri Odds & Predictions
- Kansas vs Howard Picks, Odds & Lines
- Alabama vs Texas A&M-CC Odds & Picks
- Charleston vs San Diego State Odds, Spread & Predictions
- Illinois vs Arkansas Odds, Lines & Picks
- Princeton vs Arizona Predictions & Odds
- Auburn vs Iowa Picks, Odds & Spread
- Northern Kentucky vs Houston Predictions & Odds
- Oral Roberts vs Duke Predictions & Odds
- Colgate vs Texas Odds, Lines & Predictions
- Boise State vs Northwestern Odds, Spread & Picks
- Louisiana vs Tennessee Odds & Picks
- UNC Asheville vs UCLA Picks & Odds
- USC vs Michigan State Odds, Spread & Picks
- UC Santa Barbara vs Baylor Odds, Lines & Predictions
- VCU vs Saint Mary’s Picks & Odds (12pm)
- Vermont vs Marquette Odds, Lines & Picks (1pm)
- Iona vs UConn Odds & Picks (1:15pm)