- The Miami Dolphins are 5-0 SU and 4-1 ATS when Tua Tagovailoa starts and finishes at QB
- At Arizona, the Seattle Seahawks are 7-1-1 ATS in their last nine facing the Cardinals
- Which NFL teams are the best bets in our early Week 9 NFL picks against the spread? Read the story below to find out
In the Week 9 NFL against the spread picks, it’s all about the QBs who fans of that team didn’t seem to want to see as their QB.
Raise your hand if you had Tua Tagovailoa and Geno Smith leading their squads to NFL playoff spots this season. Put those hands down. You did not.
Most pundits were of the opinion that Tagovailoa wasn’t going to be the long-term solution under center for the Miami Dolphins. Then again, the consensus when the Seattle Seahawks announced Smith as their QB1 was that head coach Pete Carroll had lost his mind.
Eight weeks into the season, and going against the NFL odds, the 5-3 Seahawks are leading the NFC West. The 5-3 Dolphins would be an AFC Wild Card team if the postseason were to begin today. At 5-3 ATS, Seattle is also the best in the NFC West in that department.
Both the Seahawks and Dolphins are factoring into this week’s best bets in the NFL Week 9 ATS picks.
Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Spread
|Miami Dolphins vs Chicago Bears||MIA -3.5||MIA||1|
|Baltimore Ravens vs New Orleans Saints||BAL -3||BAL||1|
|Seattle Seahawks vs Arizona Cardinals||SEA +3||SEA||1|
Odds as of November 1 at Caesars Sportsbook. Get this Caesars Sportsbook bonus code to bet on the NFL.
Our top NFL ATS picks this week in the table above will feature plays on the Dolphins, Ravens and Seahawks.
NFL ATS Pick 1: Dolphins (-3.5) vs Bears
The Dolphins are 5-0 straight up and 4-1 against the spread in games started and finished this season by Tagovailoa. Both Tyreek Hill (188) and Jaylen Waddle (106) went beyond 100 receiving yards in last week’s win over the Detroit Lions
Tua Tagovailoa, NFL ranking
📸: Paul Sancya, AP pic.twitter.com/BjVvPRWCqn
— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) October 31, 2022
Chicago is #7 in the NFL at defending the pass (188.0 yards per game). However, the Bears sent up the virtual white flag in the past week, trading away defensive stalwarts Robert Quinn and Roquan Smith.
Pick: Miami Dolphins -3.5 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 2: Ravens (-3) vs Saints
The Ravens are just 1-3-1 ATS in their last five games, but they are 3-1 ATS on the road in 2022. Baltimore is facing the easiest schedule in the NFL over the remaining nine weeks. Not one opponent currently is showing a winning record.
The Ravens are now in sole possession of first place in the AFC North through 8 weeks.
Baltimore (5-3) does not face a team that currently has a winning record the rest of the season.
— Ryan Mink (@ryanmink) November 1, 2022
New Orleans is 3-2 ATS at home. But the Saints have managed to lose outright to both the Buccaneers and Panthers this season.
Pick: Baltimore Ravens -3 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 3: Seahawks (+3) vs Cardinals
A full-time starter for the first time since 2014, Smith has thrown for 1,924 yards. He’s showing a 72.3 completion percentage, 13 touchdowns and just three interceptions. His passer rating is 107.2.
Find someone who believes in you like Pete Carroll believed in Geno Smith. pic.twitter.com/aCcVu5ohKr
— b♡ (@yohawkgawk) October 24, 2022
Arizona has lost two in a row and three of four to Seattle. At home, the Cardinals are 1-7-1 SU and 2-6-1ATS in the last nine games against the Seahawks.
Pick: Seattle Seahawks +3 (-110), 1 unit
- ATS season record 15-8-1
NFL Week 9 Against the Spread Quick Picks
- Eagles (-13) vs Texans: Eagles are 6-1 ATS in their last seven TNF games. Texans are 3-10 ATS on TNF.
- Patriots (-5.5) vs Colts: New England isn’t that good, but the Colts are a hot mess.
- Lions (+3) vs Packers: Detroit is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 against Green Bay.
- Vikings (-3.5) vs Commanders: Vikings are 4-2 in their last six at Washington.
- Bills (-13) vs Jets: Favorites in the Super Bowl odds, Buffalo failed to cover in beating Green Bay. The Bills are 7-1-2 ATS in the last 10 games following an ATS loss.
- Falcons (+3) vs Chargers: Once 6-0 Atlanta ends a two-game ATS losing streak.
- Raiders (-1) vs Jaguars: This is like trying to pick between a root canal and a colonoscopy.
- Buccaneers (-3) vs Rams: In this match of the last two Super Bowl winners, Tampa Bay is 0-5 ATS at home, but the Rams could be without WR Cooper Kupp.
- Chiefs (-12.5) vs Titans: Titans rookie QB Malik Willis won’t find going head-to-head with Patrick Mahomes to be the same as facing Davis Mills.