We tracked the odds to win the 2022 AFC and NFC Championships all season long—also read as which two teams played in Super Bowl 56—from the moment they opened. The Cincinnati Bengals won the AFC Championship, but were never favored to win the conference. The Los Angeles Rams won the NFC Championship, and spent all season among the top contenders.
The graphs were generated by averaging the odds from multiple sources.
You can see the closing odds to win each NFL conference, as well as how the odds to win the AFC Championship and NFC Championship changed throughout the course of the 2021-22 NFL season.
Not looking for historical odds? See the current NFL Conference championship odds.
AFC Championship Odds
|Kansas City Chiefs||-350|
Odds as of January 27
Here are some notes on the AFC Championship odds movement:
- [January 30] The Cincinnati Bengals have won the AFC Championship, upsetting the Chiefs 27-24 in overtime. Cincinnati will represent the AFC in Super Bow 56 against the LA Rams.
- [January 23] The Chiefs beat the Bills 42-36 in one of the best football games of all-time, advancing Kansas City to the AFC Championship game. Kansas City will host the Bengals on Sunday, January 30, and the home team has opened as 6.5-point favorites. Kansas City’s odds to win the game (and the AFC title) are -310, with the Bengals listed at +245 on the moneyline.
- [January 22] The Bengals upset the Titans in the first game of the NFL Divisional Round, advancing them to the AFC Championship game next weekend. Cincinnati’s AFC Championship odds were +550 entering today, but only improved to +225 with the win. Sportsbooks are obviously viewing Joe Burrow and company as 7(ish)-point underdogs in either Buffalo or Kansas City next weekend. Both the Bills and Chiefs saw their odds to win the AFC Championship improve with Tennessee being eliminated.
- [January 16] The Bills’ odds to win the AFC Championship improved from +350 to +225 after demolishing the Patriots on Wildcard Weekend. Buffalo now has the second-best odds to win the AFC title, surpassing the Titans.
- [January 10] With the Bengals drawing the Raiders in the NFL wildcard round of the playoffs, Cincinnati’s odds to win the AFC Championship improved from +900 to +650. New England’s AFC title odds fell from +750 to +900 thanks to their loss to the Dolphins in Week 18, which results in them falling to the 6-seed in the AFC and having to play the Bills in the first round.
- [January 2] Despite losing to the Bengals in Week 17 and giving up the AFC’s top seed to the Titans, the Chiefs remain the favorites to win the AFC. Kansas City’s AFC championship odds did fade from +175 to +225 after Sunday’s results, though. Tennessee’s conference championship odds improved from +850 to +500. With the win, Cincinnati’s odds improved from +1400 to +900.
- [December 26] After beating the Patriots to take over the AFC East again, the Bills are also back to having the second-best odds to win the AFC.
- [December 19] A Colts win over the Patriots, paired with a Titans loss in Pittsburgh, has seen Indianapolis surpass Tennessee for the fourth-best odds to win the AFC Championship. Buffalo’s Week 15 win over the Panthers also sees them tied with the Pats for the second-best odds.
- [December 12] The Bills still have the third-best odds to win the AFC after losing to the Bucs in overtime. The Chiefs blowout of the Raiders in Week 14 sees there AFC Championship odds improve from +300 to +225. Cleveland saw their odds improve from +2500 to +1400 after beating the Ravens.
- [December 6] After beating the Bills on Monday Night Football of Week 13, the Patriots are now listed as co-favorites to win the AFC Championship alongside the Chiefs. New England’s odds improved from +450 to +300 with the win. Buffalo is still third on the board after their AFC Championship odds faded from +350 to +500.
- [November 29] The Chiefs have taken over as the favorites to win the AFC Championship while on their bye. New England, after winning their sixth straight game, now have the third-best odds to win the AFC. Tennessee’s AFC Championship odds have faded from +800 to +1200 after losing to the Patriots in Week 12. The Chargers saw the most movement, going from +900 to +1600, after being upset by the Broncos.
- [November 22] The Bills and Chiefs are now listed as co-favorites to win the AFC Championship. This comes after Buffalo was embarrassed at home by the Colts, and the Chiefs beat the Cowboys to mark their fourth straight win. Tennessee saw their odds fade from +500 to +800 after being upset by the Texans, which allowed the Patriots to jump into the top four contenders.
- [November 14] Despite also losing in Week 10, the Ravens saw their odds improve to +500 thanks to division mates Cleveland and Pittsburgh going 0-1-1 on Sunday. The Bills stayed at +250 after destroying the Jets, as expected.
- [November 8] The Bills remain the favorites to win the AFC Championship, despite being upset by the lowly Jaguars in Week 9. The Titans saw their AFC Championship odds improve significantly after beating the Rams and taking over the top seed in the conference. They now have the second-best odds to make the Super Bowl.
- [November 2] The Titans’ AFC Championship odds faded slightly with the news that Derrick Henry will miss 6-10 weeks with a foot injury.
- [October 31] The Browns’ odds to win the AFC Championship have reached +2500 after another loss in Week 8, this time to the Steelers. The Chargers remain a top five contender after losing to the Patriots.
- [October 25] The Chiefs see their AFC Championship odds fade to +650, allowing the Ravens, who were also blown out in Week 7, to surpass them for the second-best odds to win the conference. Cincinnati saw their odds improve from +5000 to +1600 after beating Baltimore.
- [October 19] The Bills are still given the best odds to win the AFC Championship despite being upset by the Titans in Week 6. Tennessee’s AFC Championship odds improved to +1200 after the win.
- [October 11] For the first time this season, the Chiefs are not favorites to win the AFC Championship. Kansas City’s conference championship odds have faded to +350 after losing 38-20 to the Bills, who have taken over as the new favorite.
- [October 4] The Broncos AFC Championship odds took a big hit after a tough outing against the Ravens in Week 4.
- [September 26] Despite dropping to 1-2 after their second straight loss, the Kansas City Chiefs remain the favorites to win the AFC Championship.
- [September 20] The Chiefs still have the best odds to win the AFC Championship after being upset by the Ravens in Week 2. The Raiders odds improved from +4000 to +2200 thanks to a win over the Steelers and a 2-0 start to the season.
- [September 13] The Bills still have the second-best odds to win the AFC Championship after being upset by the Steelers in Week 1. The Chargers and Broncos both saw their odds improve significantly after impressive wins in Week 1.
- [August 31] New England’s odds to win the AFC Championship did not change after cutting former NFL MVP Cam Newton, putting Mac Jones in the starting role for Week 1
- [August 17] Despite a good outing in Week 1 of the NFL Preseason, the Broncos have seen their odds to win the AFC Championship fade from +1600 to +2000, dropping from the seventh-best odds to the tenth-best
- [July 24] Denver’s AFC Championship odds continue to fade as the team has continued to stay put with Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater at quarterback.
- [June 7] Tennessee’s odds to win the AFC improved from +1800 to +1200 after trading for wide receiver Julio Jones. The Titans are now tied for the fifth-best odds in the conference.
- [May 3] Denver’s odds to win the AFC Championship jumped from +2800 to +1200 thanks to the rumors connecting them to Green Bay’s disgruntled quarterback, Aaron Rodgers.
- [April 23] The Bills have overtaken the Ravens for the second-best odds to win the AFC Championship. Cleveland’s odds have also shortened significantly, going from as long as +1200 to +900 after also adding Jadeveon Clowney.
- [March 14] After completely retooling their offense via free agency – Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, and Nelson Agholor, among others – the Patriots’ odds to win the AFC Championship improved from around +2100 to +1800.
- [February 22] The Colts’ odds to win the AFC Championship improved slightly after trading for Carson Wentz to replace Philip Rivers under center.
- [February 7] The Kansas City Chiefs have opened as the favorites to win the 2022 AFC Championship. They have won the conference each of the last two years.
NFC Championship Odds
|Los Angeles Rams||-180|
|San Francisco 49ers||+155|
Odds as of January 27
Here are some notes on the NFC Championship odds movement:
- [January 30] The Los Angeles Rams defeated the San Francisco 49ers 20-17 to win the NFC Championship. They will represent the NFC in Super Bowl 56 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- [January 23] The Rams continued the upsets in the NFL Divisional Round, beating Tampa Bay 30-27. With the win, LA will now host the 49ers in the NFC Championship game. The Rams have opened as 3.5-point favorites, with -165 odds to win the conference title and advance to the 2022 Super Bowl.
- [January 22] The Green Bay Packers, who were the favorites to win the NFC Championship entering the weekend, were upset by the 49ers in the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs. The Packers’ early exit temporarily leaves San Francisco with the best odds to win the NFC title, as they improved from +500 to +140. If the Buccaneers take down the Rams on Sunday, they will almost certainly be listed as favorites against the 49ers in the conference championship. If the Rams win, we could see San Francisco listed as road dogs next weekend.
- [January 17] San Francisco’s NFC Championship odds improved to +550 after upsetting the Dallas Cowboys in NFL Wild Card Weekend. They were as long as +1100 heading into their matchup with the Cowboys. The Rams saw their odds to win the 2022 NFC title move from +650 to +330 thanks to their 34-11 victory over the Cardinals.
- [January 10] The 49ers’ odds to win the NFC Championship improved from +1800 to +1000 after clinching a playoff berth with a Week 18 win over the Rams, setting themselves up for a wildcard matchup with the Cowboys. The Bucs moved up to the 2-seed in the NFC, and are back to having the second-best odds to win the NFC Championship.
- [January 4] With the Packers locking up the top seed in the NFC entering the playoffs, their NFC Championship odds improved from +200 to +175. The Buccaneers’ struggles against the Jets in Week 17 has seen their NFC title odds fade, allowing the Rams to overtake them for the second-best odds on the board.
- [December 26] With the Cowboys pounding Washington in Week 16, and clinching the NFC East title, their odds to win the NFC improved from +600 to +450, tying them with the Rams for the third-best odds. The Cardinals saw their odds. fade all the way to +1000 after being upset by the Colts, giving away the NFC West lead to the Rams.
- [December 20] Green Bay has taken over as the favorite to win the NFC Championship after Week 15. The Packers clinched the NFC North and took over the top seed in the conference after beating they beat the Ravens and the Buccaneers lost to the Saints.
- [December 13] With the Cardinals losing in Week 14, the Packers and Buccaneers leap them in the NFC standings. Green Bay now occupies the top seed in the conference and see their odds to win the NFC improve from +350 to +300. They still trail the Buccaneers, whose odds have reached +250 now.
- [December 5] In spite of being upset by the Seahawks in Week 13, the 49ers’ NFC Championship odds have yet to worsen. The Cardinals win over the Bears didn’t see their odds move much, but Green Bay did leap them for second-best odds while the Packers were on bye.
- [November 22] The Eagles saw their NFC Championship odds improve from +6000 to +2800 after beating the Saints, tying them for the sixth-best odds in the conference.
- [November 14] Favored Tampa Bay faded to +300 thanks to a setback to the Washington Football Team as 9.5-point favorites. Second-favorite, the LA Rams, improved from +450 to +350 thanks to Tampa’s stumble. Arizona’s stunning 34-10 home loss to Carolina dropped the Cardinals from third-favorite to fifth-favorite at +500.
- [November 8] The Saints’ NFC Championship odds took a big hit, going from as short as +1600 to as long as +2500 after being upset by the Falcons in Week 9. The Cowboys and Packers did not see their odds worsen much after poor performances on Sunday. Green Bay’s odds are likely saved by the fact that Aaron Rodgers did not play.
- [November 2] Some sportsbooks are listing the Rams as the co-favorites to win the NFC Championship, alongside the Buccaneers, after acquiring Von Miller from the Broncos.
- [October 31] The Buccaneers remain the favorites to win the NFC Championship, despite losing to the Saints in Week 8. The Cowboys now have the second-best odds after pulling out a win without Dak Prescott under center.
- [October 29] The Packers jumped back into the top three contenders in NFC Championship odds after handing the Cardinals their first loss of the season. Green Bay’s odds improved from +600 to +450. Arizona faded from +450 to +550.
- [October 18] The 6-0 Cardinals are finally among the top three contenders in the odds to win the NFC Championship, surpassing the Packers for third on the list.
- [October 11] The Seahawks’ NFC Championship odds have been crushed with Russell Wilson badly spraining his finger in Week 5. Seattle’s quarterback is expected to miss a handful of weeks.
- [October 4] The Cardinals’ NFC Championship odds have improved significantly after beating the Rams in Week 4. However, they’re still only a top four contender, as the Rams’ odds didn’t fade much at all.
- [September 26] The Tampa Bay Buccaneers still have the best odds to win the NFC Championship, even though they lost to the Rams in Week 3. LA’s odds improved after the win, separating them from the 49ers and Packers on the board.
- [September 13] The Packers’ NFC Championship odds didn’t worsen much after being demolished by the Saints in Week 1. The Rams have the second-best odds to win the conference after an impressive win over the Bears on SNF. Philadelphia saw the biggest movement, going from as long as +5000 to +2500, after hammering the Falcons.
- [August 17] The Packers have leaped the Rams and 49ers in the NFC Championship odds with Aaron Rodgers ready to start Week 1.
- [July 26] Green Bay’s odds to win the NFC have gone from +1800 to +800 with the news of Aaron Rodgers planning to play for the Packers this season.
- [July 24] The Minnesota Vikings have seen their NFC Championship odds improve to +1400 as Green Bay’s odds continue to fall because of Aaron Rodgers’ firm stance on not playing for the Packers in 2021.
- [May 3] Green Bay’s odds to win the NFC Championship have faded from +500 to +1000 due to Aaron Rodgers’ future with the team being very uncertain.
- [April 23] The Panthers odds have fallen way off with the team’s solution at quarterback being Sam Darnold, not Deshaun Watson. Carolina was as short as +1800 while they were reportedly in discussions to make a big splash at QB, but are now a distant +2500.
- [March 14] The Saints’ odds to win the NFC conference faded after Drew Brees announced his retirement, leaving Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston as New Orleans’ options under center
- [March 13] After re-signing many of their key players from their Super Bowl-winning team, the Buccaneers have broken away as the favorites to win the NFC Championship.
- [February 7] The Buccaneers and Packers opened as co-favorites to win the NFC Championship in 2022. The two teams met in the NFC Championship last season.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.