2022-23 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Odds Tracker
- Get the current odds to win the NFL’s 2022-23 Defensive Player of the Year award
- Nick Bosa is currently the favorite to win NFL DPOY
- Track how the DPOY change throughout the 2022-23 NFL season
The AP has handed out a Defensive Player of the Year award every year since 1971. We’ve been tracking the 2022-23 NFL DPOY odds since they opened and will continue to do so all season. We average the odds from multiple sportsbooks and track the movement, removing the influence of money and providing you with each defender’s true odds of winning the award.
NFL DPOY Odds for Top Contenders
Three players opened in a tier of their own: Myles Garrett, arguably the best athlete in the league; TJ Watt, last year’s NFL DPOY; and Micah Parsons, last year’s NFL DROY. TJ Watt fell off after tearing his pec in Week 1
Myles Garrett was listed as the favorite after Week 1. Parsons was the favorite after Week 2 and held that title until the conclusion of Week 15. Nick Bosa has now taken over. NFL DPOY odds closed when Week 17 kicked off and did not reopen when the games finished that week. All other player awards were live for another week, which suggests sportsbooks felt Nick Bosa had it in the bag. There is a chance we see odds again as we near the awards show.
Odds to Win NFL DPOY
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2022 NFL DPOY|
*Odds as of December 27 at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you’re not already signed up, be sure you claim the best DraftKings Sportsbook promo before registering.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK OH
BET $5 & GET $200 INSTANTLY!
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK OH
BET $5 & GET $200 WIN OR LOSE!
- CAESARS SPORTSOOK OH
GET UP TO $1,500 ON CAESARS!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK OH
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK
- BET365 SPORTSBOOK OH
BET $1 & GET $200!
- SUPERBOOK SPORTSBOOK OH
GET A SIGNUP BONUS UP TO $1,000
- TIPICO SPORTSBOOK
DEPOSIT $200 & GET $250!
- BETFRED SPORTSBOOK OH
GET UP TO $1,111 IN FRED BETS!
- POINTSBET SPORTSBOOK OH
GET $500 IN SECOND CHANCE CREDITS
Must be 21+ and in OH. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Nick Bosa is currently listed as the favorite to win NFL DPOY at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you bet $50 on the 49ers defender to win at -1200 odds, you would only win $4 and return $54. Bosa’s implied probability, based off his odds, to win the award is 92.3%.
Here are some notes on the NFL DPOY odds movement:
- [December 19] Micah Parsons’ Cowboys gave up 40 points to the Jaguars in a disappointing Week 15 collapse. Parsons did record a sack, which was his first in three weeks, but it was not enough to hold off Nick Bosa. The 49ers’ pass-rusher has taken over as the new favorite to win NFL DPOY, as his odds improved from +175 to -125 in the last week.
- [December 12] Despite not logging a sack for the first time since Week 5, Nick Bosa continues to close the gap between him and Micah Parsons in NFL DPOY odds. Parsons is just -280 after Week 14, while Bosa shortened to +175.
- [December 5] Nick Bosa was an absolute game-wrecker in San Francisco’s Week 13 win over the Dolphins. Bosa recorded three sacks and one forced fumble. As of this moment, Bosa now has at least one sack in all but one game he has played this season. The result on the NFL DPOY odds was Bosa moving from +1100 to +250, while Parsons went from -1200 to -450.
- [November 28] Another two-sack performance on Thanksgiving Day has seen Micah Parsons become an overwhelming favorite to win NFL DPOY. His odds improved from -550 to -1200.
- [November 1] Myles Garrett’s odds went from +1300 to +850 after a monster game against the Bengals in Week 8, where Garrett recorded 1.5 sacks, a tipped pass that resulted in an interception, and was generally in Joe Burrow’s face all night.
- [October 24] After recording another sack in Week 7, Micah Parsons has now become the odds-on favorite to win the NFL DPOY award. His odds improved from +100 to -125.
- [October 10] Micah Parsons is now listed at even money (+100) to win the NFL DPOY award, following a Week 5 performance that saw him rack up two sacks and a forced fumble.
- [October 4] Packers pass-rusher Rashan Gary has seen his NFL DPOY odds improve from +2500 to +900, the third-best odds on the board, after recording another two sacks in Week 4. Gary has now recorded at least one sack in each of the first four games of the season.
- [September 27] After Week 3, Micah Parsons has shortened to +250 odds, ahead of Myles Garrett at +550. Garrett suffered non-life-threatening injuries in a one-car accident on Monday, when he flipped his Porsche after practice. His status for Week 4 is uncertain.
- [September 19] Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett are now listed as the co-favorites to win NFL DPOY. Parsons added another two sacks in Week 2, while Garrett got one against the Jets. Both players are given +450 odds to win the award. Aaron Donald has fallen off from +700 to +1400.
- [September 12] With two sacks in Week 1, Myles Garrett has taken over as the favorite to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year. His odds improved from +750 to +550. TJ Watt’s torn pec sees his odds fade from +700 to +3000. Micah Parsons also had two sacks in Week 1, and saw his odds improve from +1000 to +700.
- [September 7] Aaron Donald has seen his average NFL DPOY odds fade to +850 as some sportsbooks are listing him as long as +900. Nick Bosa is seeing his odds improve, going from +1450 to +1250, closing the gap between him and the top four contenders. Rashan Gary has seen the most movement ahead of kickoff, though, as he opened at +7750 and is now getting +3000 odds.
- [April 6] Aaron Donald and TJ Watt have overtaken Myles Garrett atop the NFL DPOY odds, as the two are listed as the co-favorites to win the award at +700 odds.
- [March 25] Myles Garrett has opened as the favorite to win the 2022-23 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. The reigning DPOY, TJ Watt, has opened at +700 odds, just behind Garrett at +650. Micah Parsons, who was given +20000 odds to win last year’s award heading into Week 1 but saw himself listed as the co-favorite in late-December, has opened this year at +1000 odds.
Top Contenders by Position
Despite seeing so many edge players listed with short odds to win the award, only three true edge players have won DPOY in the last 13 years: TJ Watt (2021), Khalil Mack (2016), and Terrell Suggs (2011).
DPOY Winners by Position
|Position||DPOY Awards in Last 10 Years||Total DPOY Awards Won|
Odds for Past Winners
JJ Watt and Aaron Donald have accounted for six of the last ten Defensive Player of the Year winners, and five of the last seven. There are only three other active players who have won the award: TJ Watt (2021), Stephon Gilmore (2019), and Khalil Mack (2016).
Past DPOY Winners
The idea that the Defensive Player of the Year is generally the league-leader in sacks is a common misconception. Sacks are certainly seen as a sexy stat and play a role in the voting. But the sack king has only won the award three times in the last nine seasons: TJ Watt in 2021, Aaron Donald in 2018, and JJ Watt in 2015.
TJ Watt racked up the most sacks in 2020 as well, but did not win DPOY for it. Shaquil Barrett led the NFL in sacks in 2019, Chandler Jones led the way in 2017, Vic Beasley Jr in 2016, Justin Houston in 2014, and Robert Mathis in 2013. Yet, none of them took home DPOY honors.