2022 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Odds Tracker
- Get the current odds to win the NFL’s 2022-23 Defensive Player of the Year award
- Micah Parsons is currently a slight favorite to win NFL DPOY
- Track how the DPOY change throughout the 2022-23 NFL season
The AP has handed out a Defensive Player of the Year award every year since 1971. We’ve been tracking the 2022-23 NFL DPOY odds since they opened and will continue to do so all season. We average the odds from multiple sportsbooks and track the movement, removing the influence of money and providing you with each defender’s true odds of winning the award.
NFL DPOY Odds for Top Contenders
Two players currently sit in a tier of their own: Myles Garrett, arguably the best athlete in the league; and Micah Parsons, last year’s NFL DROY. TJ Watt was in this group prior to tearing his pec in Week 1.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON NFL, GET 200 INSTANTLY!
- BARSTOOL SPORTSBOOK
BET $20 GET $150 IF A QB THROWS A COMPLETION!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST NFL BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
NFL RISK-FREE BET UP TO $1,000!
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET UP TO $1,050 IN BONUSES!
Myles Garrett was listed as the favorite after Week 1. Parsons has joined him atop the odds board as Week 2 nears its end.
Odds to Win NFL DPOY
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2021 NFL DPOY|
*Odds as of September 20 at Caesars Sportsbook. If you’re not already signed up, be sure you claim the best DraftKings Sportsbook promo before registering.
Micah Parsons is currently listed as the favorite to win NFL DPOY at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you bet $50 on the Cowboys defender to win at +400, you would win $200 and return $250. Parsons’ implied probability, based off his odds, to win the award is 20%.
Here are some notes on the NFL DPOY odds movement:
- [September 19] Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett are now listed as the co-favorites to win NFL DPOY. Parsons added another two sacks in Week 2, while Garrett got one against the Jets. Both players are given +450 odds to win the award. Aaron Donald has fallen off from +700 to +1400.
- [September 12] With two sacks in Week 1, Myles Garrett has taken over as the favorite to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year. His odds improved from +750 to +550. TJ Watt’s torn pec sees his odds fade from +700 to +3000. Micah Parsons also had two sacks in Week 1, and saw his odds improve from +1000 to +700.
- [September 7] Aaron Donald has seen his average NFL DPOY odds fade to +850 as some sportsbooks are listing him as long as +900. Nick Bosa is seeing his odds improve, going from +1450 to +1250, closing the gap between him and the top four contenders. Rashan Gary has seen the most movement ahead of kickoff, though, as he opened at +7750 and is now getting +3000 odds.
- [April 6] Aaron Donald and TJ Watt have overtaken Myles Garrett atop the NFL DPOY odds, as the two are listed as the co-favorites to win the award at +700 odds.
- [March 25] Myles Garrett has opened as the favorite to win the 2022-23 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. The reigning DPOY, TJ Watt, has opened at +700 odds, just behind Garrett at +650. Micah Parsons, who was given +20000 odds to win last year’s award heading into Week 1 but saw himself listed as the co-favorite in late-December, has opened this year at +1000 odds.
Top Contenders by Position
Despite seeing so many edge players listed with short odds to win the award, only three true edge players have won DPOY in the last 13 years: TJ Watt (2021), Khalil Mack (2016), and Terrell Suggs (2011).
DPOY Winners by Position
|Position||DPOY Awards in Last 10 Years||Total DPOY Awards Won|
Odds for Past Winners
JJ Watt and Aaron Donald have accounted for six of the last ten Defensive Player of the Year winners, and five of the last seven. There are only three other active players who have won the award: TJ Watt (2021), Stephon Gilmore (2019), and Khalil Mack (2016).
Past DPOY Winners
The idea that the Defensive Player of the Year is generally the league-leader in sacks is a common misconception. Sacks are certainly seen as a sexy stat and play a role in the voting. But the sack king has only won the award three times in the last nine seasons: TJ Watt in 2021, Aaron Donald in 2018, and JJ Watt in 2015.
TJ Watt racked up the most sacks in 2020 as well, but did not win DPOY for it. Shaquil Barrett led the NFL in sacks in 2019, Chandler Jones led the way in 2017, Vic Beasley Jr in 2016, Justin Houston in 2014, and Robert Mathis in 2013. Yet, none of them took home DPOY honors.