2022 Ballon d’Or Odds Tracker
- See the most recent Ballon d’Or odds
- Karim Benzema is the heavy favorite to win this year’s award
- Track each player’s odds movement during the year
We are tracking the odds for each player contending to take home the 2022 Ballon d’Or award.
The graphs below are generated by averaging the odds from multiple sources and will be updated throughout the year.
Ballon d’Or Top Contenders
- [5/30/22] After winning the Champions League title this weekend, Benzema is now a massive -1600 favorite to win the Ballon d’Or
- [5/18/22] It’s Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema who has emerged throughout 2022 as the leading favorite to win the Ballon d’Or, now at -225 odds. Second in line is Liverpool Mohamed Salah at +700. The two will go head-to-head in the Champions League Final later this month
- [2/4/22] Opening Ballon d’Or odds favored Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski at +500 odds. Closely following the top two is 2021 winner Lionel Messi of PSG at +600 odds
2022 Ballon d’Or Top Contender Odds
|Kevin De Bruyne||+3300|
|Virgil van Dijk||+5000|
Odds as of May 30
The 2021 finalists were Lionel Messi (PSG, Argentina) and Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Poland). Messi won the final points margin by a 613-580 count to win his seventh Ballon d’Or. He’s now won each of the past two awards in 2021 and 2019. No trophy was awarded in 2020 because of the coronavirus.
Alejandro Papu Gómez on Lionel Messi: "It was clear to him that to win the Ballon d’Or, he had to win an important title. He knew that with the Copa America, he would be close." pic.twitter.com/j1UF4ouFOB
— Roy Nemer (@RoyNemer) February 1, 2022
Recent Ballon d’Or Winners
The Ballon d’Or has been dominated by just a few names of late. Of the last 13 winners, only three players have won the award. And 12 of those 13 have been won by either Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi.
The only player to break up their dominance was Luka Modric in 2018.
— SPORTS CIRCUS INT. (@SPORTSCIRCUSINT) February 3, 2022
Most Ballon d’Or Awards
|Player||Number of Awards|
|Marco van Basten||3|
With Messi winning each of the past two Ballon d’Ors, he now has a two-win lead over Ronaldo at 7-5 when it comes to the most-ever Ballon d’Or wins. No one else has ever won more than three.