2022 FIFA World Cup Odds Tracker
- Costa Rica has claimed the final spot to complete the 32 team field for World Cup Qatar 2022
- 2018 champions France are again a top contender in 2022
- Isolate each team or compare them to others trending in the same direction
With France emerging as the 2018 FIFA World Cup Champions, we can now look ahead to the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
This World Cup will be significant, as it’s the last one that will contain just 32 qualifying nations. The tournament will expand to a 48-team field in 2026.
We will be tracking the odds for all countries right through to the 2022 tournament. The graphs below are generated by averaging the odds from our most trusted online sports betting sites.
World Cup Top Contenders
- [6/15/22] The final teams have qualified for the World Cup to complete the field. The top three favored teams are Brazil (+450), England (+550), and France (+600)
- [4/1/22] After the World Cup 2022 draw, it’s Brazil at +500 just slightly favored ahead of France +550
- [3/22/22] After a hugely successful 2022, Canada enters the last international window as favorites to clinch the top spot in CONCACAF qualifying. Their World Cup odds in January were still +450000, but have now shortened to +15000
- [1/24/22] Scotland’s odds have shortened from +100000 to +50000
- [11/17/21] This summer Canada, who has not been in a World Cup since 1986, had odds of +200000. Eight games into the final round of CONCACAF Qualifying, they sit top of the “Ocho” and fresh off a huge win over Mexico, their odds are now +50000
- [7/12/21] After winning Euro 2020, Italy has +1100 odds to win the World Cup, while finalists England are listed at +800
- [4/1/21] After the first three World Cup European Qualifying Group Stage matches, France’s odds sit at +600
- [11/20/20] Over the past year England’s average odds have shortened from +1400 to +950
- [12/4/19] A slight adjustment on Brazil since earlier this year, shortened from +633 to +617
- [5/23/19] After reaching the semifinals of the UEFA Nations league, odds for each of Portugal, Switzerland, Netherlands and England have adjusted in their favor
- [7/23/18] After winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, France has opened as the favorites for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
- [7/15/18] Sportsbooks do not believe Croatia, who made it all the way to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Finals, can repeat their success in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, as they opened with +4500 average odds.
- [7/15/18] After surprisingly missing the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Italy and the Netherlands find themselves back among the top contenders for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
World Cup 2022 Odds
Odds as of June 14
France and Brazil are co-favored currently in the 2022 World Cup odds.
Countries with the Most World Cup Appearances
- Notable absentees from the 2018 World Cup included Italy (tied for the second-most World Cup championships), the Netherlands (10 appearances), and the USA (10 appearances)
Odds for Previous Winners
|Country||# of World Cups||Years Won|
|Brazil||5||1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002|
|Italy||4||1934, 1938, 1982, 2006|
|Germany||4||1954, 1974, 1990, 2014|
FIFA World Cup Betting Trends
- A European nation has won the past four World Cups, and five of the last six – Brazil being the only non-European country to win
- France has won two of the last seven tournaments, making them the only country to win multiple World Cups in that span
- The last nation to win the World Cup as the host was France in 1998
- The host country has won six of the 20 World Cups
- European and South American nations have won each of the last 11 World Cups
Archived FIFA World Cup Odds: 2018