2022 World Cup Odds
- 32 teams enter the field for World Cup Qatar 2022 kicking off on November 20, 2022
- Brazil are the top favorites, while 2018 champions France are again a top contender too
- Isolate each team or compare them to other World Cup favorites trending in the same direction in the World Cup odds
All eyes will be on Qatar starting on Sunday, November 20, 2022, when soccer’s biggest tournament, the World Cup pits 32 teams against each other for soccer supremacy. The World Cup winner odds favor the trophy going to South America with both Brazil and Argentina listed as the leading favorites.
The FIFA World Cup odds 2022 also make nations like England, Spain and Germany some of the top World Cup contenders.
Meanwhile, while North Americans will be supporting nations like USA and Canada, both of those countries on huge longshots in the odds to win World Cup 2022. See our preview and predictions for the entire tournament here.
This World Cup will be significant, as it’s the last one that will contain just 32 qualifying nations. The tournament will expand to a 48-team field in 2026.
We’ve tracked the odds for all countries leading up to the 2022 tournament. The graphs below are generated by averaging the odds from our most trusted online sports betting sites.
Quickly find the World Cup Match Odds for each game here.
World Cup Odds 2022
- [11/25/22] With a second loss in the Group Stage, hosts Qatar are the first team to be eliminated from the World Cup
- [11/22/22] After a shock 2-1 defeat to Saudi Arabia, Argentina’s World Cup odds have slipped from +550 to +850
- [11/16/22] With just days to go until the World Cup kicks off, Bazil keeps taking money, now listed as +363 average betting odds for World Cup, shortened from +400 earlier this month
- [11/7/22] We’re just weeks away from kick-off and Brazil are tipped as the Word Cup favorites at +400 odds
- [6/15/22] The final teams have qualified for the World Cup to complete the field. The top three favored teams are Brazil (+450), England (+550), and France (+600)
- [4/1/22] After the World Cup 2022 draw, it’s Brazil at +500 just slightly favored ahead of France +550
- [3/22/22] After a hugely successful 2022, Canada enters the last international window as favorites to clinch the top spot in CONCACAF qualifying. Their World Cup odds in January were still +450000, but have now shortened to +15000
- [1/24/22] Scotland’s odds have shortened from +100000 to +50000
- [11/17/21] This summer Canada, who has not been in a World Cup since 1986, had odds of +200000. Eight games into the final round of CONCACAF Qualifying, they sit top of the “Ocho” and fresh off a huge win over Mexico, their odds are now +50000
- [7/12/21] After winning Euro 2020, Italy has +1100 odds to win the World Cup, while finalists England are listed at +800
- [4/1/21] After the first three World Cup European Qualifying Group Stage matches, France’s odds sit at +600
- [11/20/20] Over the past year England’s average odds have shortened from +1400 to +950
- [12/4/19] A slight adjustment on Brazil since earlier this year, shortened from +633 to +617
- [5/23/19] After reaching the semifinals of the UEFA Nations league, odds for each of Portugal, Switzerland, Netherlands and England have adjusted in their favor
- [7/23/18] After winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, France has opened as the favorites for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
- [7/15/18] Sportsbooks do not believe Croatia, who made it all the way to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Finals, can repeat their success in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, as they opened with +4500 average odds.
- [7/15/18] After surprisingly missing the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Italy and the Netherlands find themselves back among the top contenders for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
World Cup Winner Odds
Odds as of November 25 at DraftKings Sportsbook. Check out DraftKings’ parlay boosts for the World Cup offering up to 100% in parlay profit boosts.
Brazil are the current favorites in the World Cup odds to win, along with Argentina and France to win the 2022 World Cup in the odds above. Team USA are WC longshots at odds of +13000.
Sadio Mané when asked about 2022 World Cup favorites: "Your country, Argentina… Yeah, unbelievable (Lionel Messi) player. Argentina, Brazil, Germany, France, England. There are a few teams which can win the WC and Argentina is one of them." Via @SC_ESPN.pic.twitter.com/QjYQuGvXMz
— Roy Nemer (@RoyNemer) October 27, 2022
Countries with the Most World Cup Appearances
- Italy, despite having attended the third-most World Cup and having just won Euro 2020, failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup
Odds for Previous Winners
|Country||# of World Cups||Years Won|
|Brazil||5||1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002|
|Italy||4||1934, 1938, 1982, 2006|
|Germany||4||1954, 1974, 1990, 2014|
⚽️ FIFA World Cup wins:
🇧🇷Brazil: 🏆1958 🏆1962 🏆1970 🏆1994 🏆2002
🇩🇪Germany: 🏆1954 🏆1974 🏆1990 🏆2014
🇮🇹Italy: 🏆1934 🏆1938 🏆1982 🏆2006
🇦🇷Argentine: 🏆1978 🏆1986
🇫🇷France: 🏆1998 🏆2018
🇺🇾Uruguay: 🏆1930 🏆1950
— World Index (@theworldindex) October 17, 2022
FIFA World Cup Betting Trends
- A European nation has won the past four World Cups, and five of the last six – Brazil being the only non-European country to win
- France has won two of the last seven tournaments, making them the only country to win multiple World Cups in that span
- The last nation to win the World Cup as the host was France in 1998
- The host country has won six of the 20 World Cups. However, in 2022 Qatar are wide-outsiders in the FIFA World odds 2022 at +30000
- European and South American nations have won each of the last 11 World Cups
What are the odds for the World Cup?
The FIFA World Cup odds 2022 list Brazil as the top favorites at +350, followed by Argentina at +550.
What are the odds of Canada winning the World Cup?
The odds for Canada to win the 2022 World Cup are +25000.
What are the odds of England winning the World Cup?
England are among the World Cup contenders with odds to win the World Cup of +850.
What are the odds for USA winning the World Cup?
The United States have odds of +13000 to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. They are considered a longshot in the WC odds.
Archived FIFA World Cup Odds: 2018