The sun is finally shining for Connecticut sports bettors: Connecticut online sports betting is live as of October 19, 2021.
In-person sports betting got started on September 30, as DraftKings and FanDuel opened their retail wagering locations to the general public.
Putting some money down on your favorite teams is an excellent way to get closer to the action. It makes even the smallest of plays that much more exciting. We’re here to help make your wagers shine with expert tips and sportsbook recommendations.
Learn important details and discover how to register with a top CT online sportsbooks now that online sports betting is live in the state.
Best Connecticut Online Sportsbooks
After striking a deal with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe and securing market access, DraftKings Sportsbook has become a top option among Connecticut sports bettors.Promo: Bet $5, Get $200
SugarHouse is backed by the Rush Street Interactive machine and their partnership with the Connecticut State Lottery Corporation has made them one of the most reputable sportsbooks in the Constitution State.Promo: Up to $250 Deposit Match
Best Connecticut Sports Betting Promos This Week
Sports Betting Dime receives exclusive sports betting promos for Connecticut every week. Use the links above to get started and check back every week for all the latest offers.
Connecticut Sports Betting Key Stats
Getting game ready after sitting on the sidelines can be a bit intimidating at first. So, let’s warm up with some fundamentals of legal sports betting in Connecticut.
Betting Legalized: July 1, 2021
Launch Date: October 19, 2021 (online), September 30, 2021 (in-person)
Platforms: Retail and Online
Number of Licenses: 15 retail, 3 online
Expected Sportsbooks: DraftKings, FanDuel, SugarHouse (Rush Street)
Age Requirement: 21+
Online Sports Betting / Betting Launch / Betting Apps / Promos / Latest News / Rules & Regulations / Licensing & Taxes / Retail Sportsbooks / FAQ / Local Teams
Sports Betting Sites in Connecticut
Here are the sportsbooks currently available in Connecticut.
DraftKings Sportsbook Connecticut
A household name in the world of sports betting, DraftKings Connecticut was the first sportsbook to announce their presence in the Constitution State. DraftKings struck a deal with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe, owners of the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Ledyard, CT, to pave the way for mobile betting.
LOCK IN PROMO
Sign Up Today & Receive Up to
$1,050 in Bonuses!
& GET $1,050
BONUS BETS + DEPOSIT BONUSGET PROMO
This agreement was announced on December 7, 2020, and DraftKings will also become the official daily fantasy sports partner of the Foxwoods Resort Casino. The DraftKings mobile app is one of the best platforms you can wager with, and their bonuses are some of the most valuable you’ll find on any betting site.
FanDuel Sportsbook Connecticut
The second big sportsbook to stake their claim in the Connecticut sports betting market was FanDuel Sportsbook. FanDuel Connecticut signed their partnership with Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment to secure market access in the Constitution State.
The deal will see FanDuel establish a retail betting location at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT, along with the renowned FanDuel mobile betting app that will be available across Connecticut. Fans in Connecticut are eager to start wagering on sports with FanDuel, and the WNBA’s Connecticut Sun are a great local betting option, along with all the nearby NY teams.
SugarHouse Connecticut (Rush Street)
The third sports betting license handed out in Connecticut went to the state lottery. The Connecticut State Lottery Corporation eventually partnered with Rush Street Interactive and the SugarHouse brand, which will see the state lottery provide both online and retail betting across the Constitution State.Advertising Disclosure
SugarHouse doesn’t have the same level of recognition as betting sites like DraftKings and FanDuel, but they still have competitive promos that Rush Street Interactive will surely bring to new users registering in Connecticut. Make sure you take advantage of a SugarHouse Connecticut welcome offer if you’re signing up with this premier sportsbook.
|CT Sportsbook App||Launch Date (Online)|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Connecticut||October 19 2021|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Connecticut||October 19 2021|
|SugarHouse Sportsbook Connecticut||October 19 2021|
When Will Sports Betting Launch in Connecticut?
After three years of back and forth between the state, tribal casinos, and other stakeholders, online sports betting in Connecticut is now live.
Sports betting arrived in Connecticut on October 19, 2021.
In a statement, Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont announces the state's full online sports betting and iCasino launch will begin at 6 a.m. Tuesday. Rush Street Interactive (PlaySugarHouse), DraftKings and FanDuel can open mobile sportsbooks; the latter two can offer 130+ iCasino games.
— Ryan Butler (@ButlerBets) October 18, 2021
You won’t have to leave Connecticut to place sports wagers in nearby cities anymore since you can now do it between state lines. It’s time for Connecticut sports bettors to take full advantage of awesome online sportsbooks like FanDuel and SugarHouse.
Connecticut Sports Betting Apps: Mobile is Finally Here
Mobile sports betting apps provide fans the flexibility and convenience of placing a wager from anywhere at any time.
Connecticut has three online operating licenses available—one for each of the states two federally recognized tribes, and one for the Connecticut Lottery.
Here are three sports betting apps that are in Connecticut’s starting lineup:
|DraftKings Sportsbook CT||Read Review|
|FanDuel Sportsbook CT||Read Review|
|SugarHouse Sportsbook CT||Read Review|
Both DraftKings and FanDuel have already teamed up with a tribal casino. Their existing partnerships with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe and Mohegan, respectively, ensured a quick launch once legislation passed.
Rush Street Interactive was named as the Connecticut Lottery’s official partner. They operate in Connecticut using the SugarHouse brand name, which they own.
Connecticut Sportsbook Promos: Get Ready for Gameday with Sign-Up Offers
You’re going to start seeing a lot more sports betting advertisements since Connecticut online sports betting is now live. Maybe we’re biased, but we’d take sports betting ads over pharmaceutical commercials any day.
You might be inclined to tune out all the noise, but trust us on this:
Taking advantage of sign-up offers is an important part of sports betting strategy.
Sportsbooks reserve their biggest promos for new customers, and these offers generally offer the best terms in the weeks after legal sports betting launches in a new state. Welcome bonuses can boost your bankroll with extra cash when you go to place your first bet in Connecticut.
Sports Betting Dime partners with premier online sportsbooks across the country to bring you the best offers available.
Check back here or subscribe to our CT sports betting newsletter for more info and convenient links to can’t-miss promos.
It may even be worth opening accounts at multiple sportsbooks to take full advantage of the huge bonuses that typically go along with the launch of a new sports betting market.
Connecticut Sports Betting Local News
Stay up to date with the latest Connecticut sports betting news as we learn more about the future of sports wagering in the Constitution State.
- October 27, 2021: Rush Street Interactive and the Connecticut Lottery launch a new in-person retail sports betting location at Bobby V’s in Stamford. It is the the third PlaySugarHouse in-person location to launch in the state.
- October 26, 2021: Rush Street Interactive and the Connecticut Lottery launch two in-person retail sports betting locations at Sports Haven in New Haven and Bobby V’s in Windsor Locks. Sports Haven is the first in-person PlaySugarHouse sports betting location in Connecticut.
- October 19, 2021: Full launch for online sports betting Connecticut begins today. Online and mobile sports wagering is now available to all Connecticut customers through three sportsbooks: FanDuel, SugarHouse, and DraftKings.
- October 12, 2021: Soft launch for online sports betting in Connecticut begins today. A limited group of 2,250 customers get early access to three online sportsbooks entering Connecticut: FanDuel, SugarHouse, and DraftKings.
- October 8, 2021: The new launch date for online Connecticut sports betting has been set for October 19. Some betting sites will be eligible to participate in a soft launch a week earlier on October 12.
- October 5, 2021: The online launch of Connecticut sports betting has been delayed. The initial target date of October 7 is expected to be missed, and while officials don’t have a new target date, the delay isn’t expected to be extensive. The delay is caused by a memorandum of understanding from the federal government.
- September 30, 2021: FanDuel and DraftKings kicked off sports betting in Connecticut by opening their retail sportsbook locations. Bettors can visit these locations while they wait for online and mobile wagering to begin on October 7.
- September 27, 2021: The FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook each received clearance to start accepting retail bets. FanDuel will soon accept wagers at the Mohegan Sun Casino, while DraftKings will begin accepting bets at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in the near future. Online CT sports betting will get underway on October 7, 2021.
- September 16, 2021: Governor Ned Lamont’s Chief of Staff Paul Mounds said a full launch of online sports betting will take place on October 7. DraftKings, FanDuel, and Rush Street Interactive (SugarHouse) are expected to go-live that day in Connecticut.
- September 9, 2021: Governor Ned Lamont tweets that the federal government has signed off on plans for sports betting and online gaming in the state. The U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs informed Governor Lamont that they had given final approval on revisions to the gaming compacts between the state of Connecticut, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe, and the Mohegan Tribe.
- August 12, 2021: The Connecticut Lottery selects Rush Street Interactive as its partner. In addition to being the third and final statewide online sports betting operator, the company will operate up to 15 retail locations in the Constitution State.
- July 7, 2021: Mohegan and FanDuel Sportsbook confirm an official partnership. FanDuel will open a temporary sportsbook at Mohegan Sun Casino in September, with a grand opening of its full sportsbook expected this winter. The CT Lottery has yet to announce its partner, which will be the third and final online operator in Connecticut.
- May 27, 2021: Governor Ned Lamont signs House Bill 6451, officially enacting it into law. However, an updated gaming compact between the state and its tribes must be sent to the federal government’s Department of the Interior for final approval. This process can take up to 45 days.
- May 25, 2021: House Bill 6451 passes in the Senate after being approved by the House the previous week. The Connecticut General Assembly has legalized sports betting. Once formally approved by Governor Ned Lamont, the renegotiated gaming compacts will be sent to the federal government for final approval.
- May 20, 2021: The House approves a bill that would allow sports betting and online gambling in Connecticut.
- May 10, 2021: The Connecticut Lottery issues a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a sports betting solution and related systems and services. Responses are due May 27, 2021. Four of 15 companies who submitted qualifications during the earlier process are specifically asked to respond with a proposal. However, the RFP is technically open for any company to respond. The Lottery expects to announce a sports betting partner on June 10, 2021.
- April 26, 2021: The Connecticut Lottery receives 15 responses to its Request for Qualifications (RFQ). Unsurprisingly, there is significant interest amongst sportsbooks wishing to partner with the state lottery.
- April 12, 2021: The Connecticut Lottery Corporation publishes a Request for Qualifications and Capabilities, officially beginning the search for sports betting providers to partner with. The Lottery will use an accelerated process in the hopes of a quick launch of sports betting this summer. Responses are due April 23, 2021, at 3 pm local time.
- March 24, 2021: The Connecticut Public Safety and Security Committee moved forward three bills related to sports betting. HB 6451, SB 146, and HB 6512 are now in discussion on the floor of both Connecticut legislative chambers. Mobile sports betting appears to be on the path to legalization.
- March 18, 2021: The Office of Governor Ned Lamont announces an agreement between the administration, the Mohegan Tribe, and the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation to modernize gaming options available in Connecticut. The deal includes allowing for sports wagering and online gaming. It also names the Connecticut Lottery Corporation as a partner in the efforts.
- December 7, 2020: DraftKings Sportsbook announced a partnership with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe to offer online sports betting in Connecticut, pending state legalization and approvals.
Connecticut Sports Betting Rules & Regulations: What the Law Says
Sports Betting Dime will keep you up informed of rules and regulations for sports betting in Connecticut, as well as licensee information. We will update this section as more information becomes available.
Licenses and Taxes: The Business of Connecticut Sports Betting
While the business end of Connecticut’s sports betting regulatory framework is not yet finalized, you can interpret some likely details from Gov. Ned Lamont’s recent agreement with Connecticut tribal nations.
Key elements of the agreement include:
- The state of Connecticut will charge a tax rate of 13.75 percent on sports wagering
- The Connecticut Lottery will have the right to operate 15 retail sports betting locations as well as one of the states three online sportsbooks
- The state lottery can sublicense retail locations to a state-licensed pari-mutuel operator
- There will be new retail sports betting venues in Bridgeport and Hartford
We expect more information to become available shortly.
Connecticut Sports Betting Revenue
Connecticut sports betting started on October 19, 2021.
We’ll keep this page updated as official Connecticut sports betting revenue statistics start to roll in.
Connecticut Retail Sportsbooks: Casino Sports Betting
Casino gambling exists in Connecticut at Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods, the state’s two tribal casinos.
While online sports betting is the most convenient way to wager, visiting a retail sportsbook has its own unique appeal. It’s hard to beat the excitement of placing a wager in-person and catching the action on the sportsbook floor, especially during major events such as March Madness or the Super Bowl.
If you want to enjoy the brick-and-mortar wagering experience, Connecticut’s two tribal casinos offer sports betting as of September 30!
Find the full name, address, and hours of operation of Connecticut’s tribal casinos below.
|Foxwoods Resort Casino||350 Trolley Line Blvd, Ledyard, CT 06338||Open 24/7|
|Mohegan Sun Casino||1 Mohegan Sun Blvd, Uncasville, CT 06382||Open 24/7|
*Hours are subject to change due to COVID-19
CT Sports Betting FAQs
Is sports betting legal in Connecticut?
Yes. Retail sportsbooks launched September 30, with online betting going live on October 19 2021. The state also offers table games, slot machines, bingo, pari-mutuel wagering, horse racing, and a lottery as other forms of gambling.
Can you bet on sports at Foxwoods?
Sports wagering is available at the state’s two tribal casinos, Foxwoods (DraftKings) and Mohegan Sun (FanDuel).
What sportsbooks are currently available in Connecticut?
DraftKings, FanDuel, and SugarHouse all launched in Connecticut when online sports betting opened on October 19, 2021.
What is Connecticut’s per capita income?
Connecticut remains the wealthiest state in the nation, with a per capita income of $71,033. Given Connecticuters’ high levels of disposable income, the state predicts a substantial amount of tax revenue generated through its sports betting bill.
Local Sports Teams
Get ready to put money down at a legal CT sportsbook by researching some local teams first. Most of the nearby teams are in New York, with NY sports betting already live now. The following pro sports teams play in or near Connecticut:
- Connecticut Sun (WNBA)
- Brooklyn Nets (NBA)
- New York Yankees (MLB)
- New York Mets (MLB)
- New York Rangers (NHL)
- New York Islanders (NHL)
- New York Knicks (NBA)
The latest trend in the American sports betting industry is the growing number of sportsbooks forming official partnerships with professional sports leagues and teams. These partnerships often result in special promotions and odds boosts for wagers on hometown teams.
Make hay while the Sun shine: As you may have guessed, the Connecticut Sun are owned by the Mohegan Tribe and play at Mohegan Sun Arena, right next to the casino. Don’t be surprised if there are special promos for CT’s only major professional sports team. Time to start brushing up on your WNBA betting knowledge!”
Of course, betting with your head and not your heart is the foundation of responsible gambling. But we completely understand it’s natural for fans to want to support their favorite teams.
Sports Betting Dime provides comprehensive betting tools and editorial coverage to help you make confident and informed wagers no matter which teams you support.
No Preparation, No Glory!
Stepping up to the plate and making your first wager can be intimidating, but you miss all the shots you don’t take.
Yes, we’re talking about practice. Get ahead of the competition with our Betting 101 guides or explore the How to Bet on Sports section for betting advice on your favorite sports.
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to our Connecticut sports betting newsletter. This list is just for folks in Connecticut so we can get you started on the right track with all the information and sportsbook bonuses you’ll need.
If you’re looking to bet in other states across America, explore our list of top online betting sites and detailed sportsbook reviews. Our legalization tracker will keep you up to date with the latest sports betting news on a state-by-state basis so you’ll know when, where, and how to place your bets.
Have fun and enjoy the action out there!