2023 Breeders’ Cup Classic Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2023 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Second-favorite White Abarrio was the winner of the 2023 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- View the winning horses, jockeys and trainers from each of the past ten years
The Breeders’ Cup has been running since 1984 and has evolved into a two-day race at the end of the thoroughbred-racing season. The Breeders’ Cup Classic often decides the Horse of the Year. This year’s 40th Breeders’ Cup Classic is set to run on Saturday, November 4, 2023, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California.
We’re tracking the odds for each thoroughbred from the time of open up to the big race in November. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from our most trusted sportsbooks.
Breeders’ Cup Classic Top Contenders
- [11/3/23] With Arcangelo scratched, Arabian Knight is now the Breeders’ Cup Classic favorite at +300 odds
- [10/30/23] Two notable scratched have been made recently with third favorite Geaux Rocket Ride (joint fusion surgery) and Kentucky Derby winner Mage (fever) being scratched from the Breeders’ Cup Classic
- [10/25/23] From +1600 at the end of the summer, to +600 now, Arabian Knight has soared into the spot of second-favorite in the Breeders’ Cup Classic odds
- [8/29/23] Arcangelo has shortened from +1000 to +500 this summer to become the leading Breeders’ Cup Classic favorite
- [6/23/23] Three horses have 10-1 odds or shorter in the early Breeders’ Classic odds. Cody’s Win at +800, Forte at +900 and Arcangelo at +1000
2023 Breeders’ Cup Classic Odds
|Missed The Cut||+3000|
The current Breeders’ Cup Classic odds sees Arabian Knight favored at +300 odds ahead of White Abarrio and Ushba Tesoro at +400 odds. Odds from November 3.
Flightline won the 2022 Breeders’ Cup Classic with a time of 2:00.05. That was just slower than each of the winners in 2021 (Knicks Go) and 2020 (Authentic), but just faster than each of the five previous winners from 2015-2019.
Recent Breeders’ Cup Classic Winners
|2022||Flightline||Flavian Prat||John W. Sadler|
|2021||Knicks Go||Joel Rosario||Brad H Cox|
|2020||Authentic||John Velazquez||Bob Baffert|
|2019||Vino Rosso||Irad Ortiz Jr.||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Accelerate||Joel Rosario||John W. Sadler|
|2017||Gun Runner||Florent Geroux||Steven M. Asmussen|
|2016||Arrogate||Mike Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2014||Bayern||Martin Garcia||Bob Baffert|
|2013||Mucho Macho Man||Gary Stevens||Katherine Ritvo|
|2012||Fort Larned||Brian Hernandez Jr.||Ian Wilkes|
|2011||Drosselmeyer||Mike. Smith||W. Mott|
|2010||Blame||G. Gomez||A. Stall|
Trainers with the Most Wins
Trainer John W Sadler came away with his second Breeders’ Cup Classic win in 2022. He last won in 2018 as a trainer for Accelerate. He’s the only trainer with two wins in the race in the past five years.
He has a ways to go to catch the all-time leader, Bob Baffert with four though. Baffert last won in 2020 with Authentic.
Jockeys with the Most Wins
Flavien Prat is well-known on the horse racing circuit. But he had never ridden a winning horse to Breeders’ Cup Classic glory. That changed in 2022 as he rode Flightline to the win.
A different jockey has now won each of the past four races. However, Joel Rosario has won twice in the past five years.
Jerry Bailey and Chris McCarron lead the all-time list with five victories. He’s the only jockey with multiple wins over the past 11 years. So typically, the Breeders’ Cup Classic has been won by a new jockey in recent years.