2022 Breeders’ Cup Classic Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2022 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Flightline and Life Is Good are the current Breeders’ Cup Classic favorites
- View the winning horses, jockeys and trainers from each of the past ten years
The Breeders’ Cup has been running since 1984 and has evolved into a two-day race at the end of the thoroughbred-racing season. The Breeders’ Cup Classic often decides the Horse of the Year. This year’s 39th Breeders’ Cup Classic is set to run on Saturday, November 5, 2022, at Keeneland in Lexington, Kentucky.
We’re tracking the odds for each thoroughbred from the time of open up to the big race in November. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from our most trusted sportsbooks.
Breeders’ Cup Classic Top Contenders
- [9/12/22] Flightline is a -150 odds-on favorite to win the Breeders’ Cup Classic
- [8/30/22] Taiba has entered the conversation among the favorites at +1400 odds.
- [7/18/22] Flightline is emerging as the leading favorite at +250 odds. Meanwhile Olympiad has jumped into the conversation among the favorites with +800 odds
- [6/9/22] Alongside Flightline, now Life Is Good is also co-favored at +600 odds in the Breeders’ Cup Classic favorites
- [4/13/22] Life Is Good has emerged as the leading favorite at 6-1 odds as we approach the Kentucky Derby
- [1/26/22] Flightline and Life Is Good have opened as the leading early favorites, each with +800 odds
2022 Breeders’ Cup Classic Odds
|Life Is Good||+700|
|Hot Rod Charlie||+2000|
|Tiz The Bomb||+5000|
|We The People||+5000|
Odds as of Sept 12
Flightline and Epicenter are the top favorites in mid-September in the Breeders’ Cup Classic odds.
"He's unreal. He's the best horse I've sat on."
— At The Races (@AtTheRaces) January 29, 2022
Knicks Go won the Breeders’ Cup Classic in 2021 with a winning time of 1:59:57 taking home the $6,000,000 purse. This time was .03 tenths of a second faster than 2022 winner Authentic who won with a time of 1:59:60.
Knicks Go’s winning time was also the fastest time since 2008. In 2008 Raven’s Pass won with a time of 1:59:27.
Knicks Go was just the second five-year-old to win in the past four years and only one of two five-year-olds to win since 2013 (Mucho Macho Man).
Recent Breeders’ Cup Classic Winners
|2021||Knicks Go||Joel Rosario||Brad H Cox|
|2020||Authentic||John Velazquez||Bob Baffert|
|2019||Vino Rosso||Irad Ortiz Jr.||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Accelerate||Joel Rosario||John W. Sadler|
|2017||Gun Runner||Florent Geroux||Steven M. Asmussen|
|2016||Arrogate||Mike Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2014||Bayern||Martin Garcia||Bob Baffert|
|2013||Mucho Macho Man||Gary Stevens||Katherine Ritvo|
|2012||Fort Larned||Brian Hernandez Jr.||Ian Wilkes|
|2011||Drosselmeyer||Mike. Smith||W. Mott|
|2010||Blame||G. Gomez||A. Stall|
Trainers with the Most Wins
Trainer Brad H Cox of Korea Racing Authority won his first Breeders’ Cup Classic with Knicks Go in 2021.
He has a ways to go to catch the all-time leader, Bob Baffert with four. Baffert last won in 2022 with Authentic.
— Daily Racing Form (@DailyRacingForm) May 6, 2022
Jockeys with the Most Wins
Jerry Bailey and Chris McCarron lead the all-time list with five victories.