2021 Breeders’ Cup Classic Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2021 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Authentic won the 2020 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- View the winning horses, jockeys and trainers from each of the past ten years
The Breeders’ Cup has been running since 1984 and has evolved into a two-day race at the end of the thoroughbred-racing season. The Breeders’ Cup Classic often decides the Horse of the Year. This year’s 38th Breeders’ Cup Classic is set to run on Saturday, November 6, 2021, at Santa Anita, California.
We’re tracking the odds for each thoroughbred from the time of open up to the big race in November. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from our most trusted sportsbooks.
Breeders’ Cup Classic Top Contenders
- [7/19/21] Knicks Go is now the favorite, shortened from +1200. Knicks Go was 1st in the Prairie Meadows Cornjusker Handicap recently
- [5/4/21] Early odds favor Charlatan at 6-1
2021 Breeders’ Cup Classic Odds
|Life Is Good||+1000|
|Hot Rod Charlie||+1400|
|Rock Your World||+2000|
Odds as of July 19 at Bet365
Breeders’ Cup Classic Stats
- Authentic was the fourth favorite entering the race last year at +550 odds and took home the $6 million purse
- John Velazquez was the winning jockey last year, winning his first Breeders’ Cup Classic. Velazquez was at it again at the Kentucky Derby in 2021, winning his fourth Derby while riding Medina Spirit
- Mike Smith has the most overall Breeders’ Cup jockey wins with 26
- D. Wayne Lucas has the most Breeders’ Cup victories as a trainer with 20
Past 10 Breeders’ Cup Classic Winners
|2020||Authentic||John Velazquez||Bob Baffert|
|2019||Vino Rosso||Irad Ortiz Jr.||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Accelerate||Joel Rosario||John W. Sadler|
|2017||Gun Runner||Florent Geroux||Steven M. Asmussen|
|2016||Arrogate||Mike Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2014||Bayern||Martin Garcia||Bob Baffert|
|2013||Mucho Macho Man||Gary Stevens||Katherine Ritvo|
|2012||Fort Larned||Brian Hernandez Jr.||Ian Wilkes|
|2011||Drosselmeyer||Mike. Smith||W. Mott|
|2010||Blame||G. Gomez||A. Stall|
Authentic finished the 1 1/4 mile race with a time of 1:59.60 in 2020. This was the fastest winning race time since Raven’s Pass won in 2008 with a time of 1:59.27. It was the only sub 2:00 minute time since Bayern’s 2014 win at 1:59.88.
Trainers with the Most Wins
Bob Baffert didn’t produce his first Breeders’ Cup Classic champion until 2014, but he immediately made up for lost time by training each of the next two winning thoroughbreds. Baffert’s horses have now won over 2,800 races including seven Preakness Stakes, six Kentucky Derbies, and three Belmont Stakes.
In 2019, Todd Pletcher won his first Breeders’ Cup Classic as a trainer with Vino Rosso. But in 2020 Bob Baffert added to his impressive trophy cabinet winning the Breeders’ Cup Classic for the fourth time in seven years.
Jockeys with the Most Wins
Last year’s winning jockey John Velazquez. won his first Breeders’ Cup Classic of his career.