- The Arnold Palmer Invitational tees off Thursday, March 5th from Bay Hill in Orlando, Florida
- Strong field featuring five of the top ten players in the world competing
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
The second leg of the four tournament swing through Florida sees the world’s best competing at the famed Arnold Palmer Invitational from Bay Hill Club and Lodge with a typically strong field.
One glaring omission from the list of golfers is that of eight-time champion Tiger Woods, who won’t be teeing it up at this tournament for the second consecutive year, citing back stiffness and not wanting to overdo it by playing too much golf.
Rory McIlroy, the 2018 champion, enters as the overwhelming favorite to pick up his second win at this stop in the last three years.
2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational Odds
|Golfer||Opening Odds||Odds on March 4th|
Odds taken March 4th
Tommy Fleetwood Due For Breakthrough Victory
Tommy Fleetwood came oh-so-close to garnering his first career PGA Tour victory at last weekend’s Honda Classic, before a costly shot on the 72nd hole found the water, sinking his chances.
He’s playing some of the best golf of his career with four top-three finishes in his last six events (the other two were T-11th and T-18th), with one of them being a win at the European Tour’s Nedbank Challenge and he hasn’t missed the cut anywhere in the world in two years (longest active streak on the PGA Tour at 33 straight).
Shame for Tommy Fleetwood to miss the opportunity to get his 1st PGA Tour win. But like his other near misses in the US, he lost trying to win. Regardless of the poor comment by Zinger to start the show, he’s a world class player who contends on big stages often.
— Luke Elvy (@Luke_Elvy) March 1, 2020
Fleetwood has had some strong play on this track in the last three years, where he tied for third in 2019 after co-leading through two rounds, and has posted respectable T-10th and T-26th results the two previous years. Priced at +1800 odds, you’re still getting decent odds on him because of Rory McIlroy so heavily favored to win.
Still without a victory in the United States, he’s destined to get one sooner rather than later, much like Sungjae Im did at the Honda Classic.
Last Five Arnold Palmer Invitational Winners
2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational Best Value Picks
- Jason Day (+2800): Won this tournament back in 2016, and two starts ago posted a fourth place showing at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. First in strokes gained: around the greens this season.
- Henrik Stenson (+4000): Due for a victory on this track, where he’s done everything but win here in the past. In last seven attempts, has a runner-up, T-3rd, fourth, T-5th and a T-8th. Won the Hero World Challenge back in December.
- Max Homa (+8000): Deep dive with possible great upside. Has posted a quartet of strong finishes, with T-5th, T-6th, T-9th and T-14th results. If you’re not bullish on his chances to win, the 2019 Wells Fargo Champion would be a solid top-5 or top-10 bet that you could wager on.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.