- The Wyndham Championship from Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina tees off August 13th-16th
- Brooks Koepka and Webb Simpson are the co-betting favorites in the final tour stop before the FedEx Cup Playoffs
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
Following Collin Morikawa’s impressive victory at the PGA Championship for his first career major title, the tour heads to North Carolina for the Wyndham Championshp, which was won last year by J.T. Poston.
This tournament marks the last event for golfers outside the top 125 in the FedEx Cup standings to get inside that number in order to qualify for the playoffs which begin next week. Some notable names who currently would not make the postseason include Zach Johnson, Sergio Garcia and Henrik Stenson.
With this tournament being sandwiched between the PGA Championship and the three Fedex Cup playoff events, many of the top players have opted out of this tournament, but the likes of Brooks Koepka, Justin Rose, Webb Simpson and Tommy Fleetwood are competing.
Going low is imperative for victory at Sedgefield Country Club, with the last four winners all shooting 21 or 22 under par – there hasn’t been a single digit under par winning score since 1993.
2020 Wyndham Championship Odds
|Golfer||Odds at FanDuel|
Odds taken August 12th
Webb Simpson a Horse for This Course
Unequivocally there are no ifs, ands or buts about it – Webb Simpson should be the heavy favorite this week and that’s because he dominates Sedgefield Country Club. The two-time winner this season won the 2011 Wyndham Championship at this venue and since then has posted a slew of other fantastic finishes.
A great bounce for Webb Simpson. 💯
The seven-time PGA Tour winner turns 35 today.pic.twitter.com/YWpeEonwLl
— Golf Digest (@GolfDigest) August 8, 2020
It’s actually surprising that he hasn’t won this tournament again since claiming that title nine years ago, simply because he’s put himself in position to win every year except once since 2013. With a track record like this, it’s easy to see why he’s the +1000 favorite.
Webb Simpson Last Six Wyndham Championship Results
Even though his odds are really low and he’s up against an inferior field, you can’t ignore history with Simpson and it’s simply too strong to pass up a wager on him.
Last Five Wyndham Championship Winners
|2016||Si Woo Kim|
|2015||Davis Love III|
2020 Wyndham Championship Best Value Picks
- Si Woo Kim (+3300): Winner at this event in 2016. Typically a streaky player who has righted the ship with seven straight cuts made, highlighted by a T-13th showing at the PGA Championship. Gained nearly nine shots on the field at the PGA tee-to-green.
- Brendon Todd (+4000): Twice a winner this season that still finds himself with solid odds. Four 54 hole leads on the campaign, including two in last five starts. Co-led PGA after first round before finishing T-17th. 3rd in driving accuracy and 8th in overall putting average.
- J.T. Poston (+6500): The defending champion who became the first golfer since Lee Trevino in 1974 to win a 72-hole tournament without making a bogey. Has had two top-10’s since the tour restart.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.