- The European Tour’s crown jewel BMW PGA Championship tees off Thursday, September 19th
- Star studded field headlined by Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm and Justin Rose
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
Easily one of the best fields on the European Tour calendar converge at famed Wentworth Golf Club in England for the prestigious BMW PGA Championship, which has a long and illustrious history of proven star champions.
This event will almost assuredly be hotly contested with ten of the last twelve editions being decided by two strokes or fewer with 2018 Open Champion Francesco Molinari clipping 2014 event champ Rory McIlroy by two strokes last year.
2019 BMW PGA Championship Odds
|Golfer||Book 1 Odds||Book 2 Odds|
*Odds as of 09/16/19. Follow the links in the table above to see all betting options.
Defending Champion Francesco Molinari Dominates This Course
It’s easy to look at the previous year’s winner of a tournament and project him to win yet again because he (duh) loves the golf course, but in the case of Francesco Molinari, his run of success on this track goes back years and years.
— BMW PGA Championship (@BMWPGA) May 27, 2018
Last year was his first time prevailing at Wentworth after a runner-up finish the year before to Alex Noren. At +2500, you’re getting pretty good odds too, mainly because Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm are so hot at the moment and Molinari had a pair of un-Molinari like finishes in the FedEx Cup playoffs. There are horses for courses, however, and with his amazing track record (save for one blip in 2016), bet Molinari with confidence.
Francesco Molinari’s Last Seven BMW PGA Championships
Tommy Fleetwood Struggles at Wentworth Golf Club
You may be inclined to want to wager on Tommy Fleetwood, seeing as how he’s been inside the top-16 in five of his last six events, most notably finishing runner-up at the Open Championship in July. He hasn’t won anywhere in the world in 20 months, however, and unlike Molinari, Wentworth hasn’t been too kind to him.
Tommy Fleetwood hasn't missed a cut in 14 months.
But it's a win he wants 💬 pic.twitter.com/4BY8XRof4M
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) August 31, 2019
In his seven career showings at this event, Fleetwood has just one top ten, missing the cut three times (2014, 2016, 2017), with three other middling results. His +2000 odds are understandably that low given the world class player that he is, but up against an elite field on a course he’s not mastered doesn’t seem like a recipe for betting success.
Last 5 BMW PGA Championship Winners
2019 BMW PGA Championship Best Value Picks
- Viktor Hovland (+3300): In last seven starts around the world, the 21-year old Norwegian hot shot hasn’t been worse than 16th with runner-up and fourth places showings his best results. Has shot 64 or 65 in the final round of five straight PGA Tour events.
- Thomas Pieters (+4000): Has been on a fantastic run in the last month, highlighted by his triumph at the Czech Masters. Followed that up with three very solid results (T-12, T-20, T-10).
- Luke Donald (+17500): Super long deep dive with potentially huge upside. While he hasn’t been on top of his game in recent years, it’s hard to ignore his success at this track – two victories in 2011 and 2012 to go along with a second place showing in 2010 and a pair of thirds in 2014 and 2008.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.