Shriners Children’s Open Odds & Picks 2022
- The Shriners Children’s Open from Las Vegas, NV tees off Thursday, October 6th
- Patrick Cantlay is the +650 favorite over Sungjae Im
- Below, see the Shriners Children’s Open odds to win, plus best value bets
The third tournament on the 2022-23 PGA Tour calendar sees the players head to Las Vegas for the Shriners Children’s Open. The field isn’t particularly strong, with just four of the top-35 players in the world rankings teeing it up. Patrick Cantlay, who won here in 2017 and was runner-up in 2018 and 2019, is the +650 favorite. He’s followed by defending champion Sungjae Im, who made this his second tour victory.
Going low is imperative for success at TPC Summerlin, with the last four champions shooting at least 21-under-par on this par-71 layout. The last first-time winner of this event was Cantlay in 2017, with the last four winners proven winners on the circuit.
2022 Shriners Children’s Open Odds
Odds as of October 3rd at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code.
LOCK IN PROMO
Add +1000 to Any Golfer to Win Any Tournament!
ODDS BOOSTSIGN UP NOW
Joining Cantlay from the recently completed Presidents Cup is fellow teammate Max Homa, who has the third shortest odds. The International team is well represented at TPC Summerlin, with Sungjae Im, Tom Kim, Si Woo Kim, Cam Davis, Christiaan Bezuidenhout, K.H. Lee, Taylor Pendrith and Mito Pereira competing.
Patrick Cantlay Feasts on This Course
There’s a saying in golf that there are ‘horses for courses’ and that is definitely apropos for Patrick Cantlay at this track. In 2017, he made the Shriners his first PGA Tour victory, then in 2018 he was runner-up (by a shot) and in 2019, he dropped a playoff.
In 2020, he was again in the hunt as the 54-hole co-leader, before a tough Sunday dropped him to T-8th. He didn’t play last year, but in those 16 rounds, he’s dominant in a slew of ‘strokes gained’ categories.
Patrick Cantlay’s Strokes Gained Stats Last 16 Rounds At Shriners
|Total||Tee-To-Green||Off-The-Tee||Ball Striking||Around-The-Green||Short Game||Approach||Putting|
Not only has he feasted at this course, but just two starts ago he won the second PGA Tour playoff event, the BMW Championship. Typically I’m loathe to want to back the front-runner at such low +650 odds, but Cantlay is just too good at the Shriners to pass up. That’s even more so the case with him being the lone top-15 player in the world rankings competing.
Last Five Shriners Children’s Open Winners
2022 Shriners Children’s Open Best Value Picks
- Adam Hadwin (+5000): Perhaps inspired by fellow Canadian Mackenzie Hughes winning for the second time, that’s what Adam Hadwin will be looking to do. He loves this track, having racked up three-top 10’s in his career, including a T-4th in 2019 and a T-6th last year. He picked up over 13 shots combined those two years tee-to-green compared to his competitors.
- Mark Hubbard (+9000): Mark Hubbard nearly secured his maiden PGA Tour triumph at the Sanderson Farms, where he was the 54-hole leader before a tough Sunday dropped him into a tie for fifth. That was his third top-five in the last seven times teeing it up. The event before that he also posted a solid top-25 result.
- Garrick Higgo (+20000): If you’re looking for a big time longshot with potential value in the top 5/10/20 markets, then it’s hard to pass over Garrick Higgo at +20000 to win outright. The South African lefty, who won the 2021 Palmetto Championship, struggled after that breakthrough. However, at last week’s Sanderson Farms, he very nearly won, finishing third, just one shot out of a playoff.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $2,500!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK