- Brooks Koepka and Sergio Garcia lurking through 36 holes of Honda Classic.
- 31 golfers are within four shots of the lead on a tightly packed leaderboard.
- See the updated live odds entering Saturday of the 2019 Honda Classic.
With apologies to Keith Mitchell and Sungjae Im, Brooks Koepka is the golfer everyone is chasing despite the three-time major champ being two strokes back of the lead at the midway point of the 2019 Honda Classic.
This is one of the most congested leaderboards in recent memory with so many players within earshot and you can’t even count out those that made the cut on the number – namely defending champion Justin Thomas who is eight shots back (and has pretty good +7000 odds at Bovada.)
Live 2019 Honda Classic Odds
|Golfer||Position||Score||Rounds||Odds to Win 2019 Honda Classic at Bovada||Odds to Win 2019 Honda Classic at BetOnline|
|Sungjae Im||T-1st||-6||70, 64||+800||+600|
|Keith Mitchell||T-1st||-6||68, 66||+1200||+1000|
|Lucas Glover||3rd||-5||66, 69||+1100||+800|
|Brooks Koepka||T-4th||-4||67, 69||+300||+350|
|Danny Lee||T-4th||-4||69, 67||+1800||+2000|
|Adam Schenk||T-4th||-4||67, 69||+2500||+2500|
|Sung Kang||T-4th||-4||68, 68||+2500||+2800|
|Ryan Armour||T-4th||-4||68, 68||+4500||+3300|
|Adam Svensson||T-4th||-4||72, 64||+5500||+4000|
|Kyoung-Hoon Lee||T-4th||-4||67, 69||+6600||+4000|
|Fredrik Jacobson||T-4th||-4||69, 67||+8000||+5000|
|Wyndham Clark||T-4th||-4||69, 67||+12500||N/A|
|Sergio Garcia||T-13th||-3||67, 70||+1100||+800|
|Charl Schwartzel||T-13th||-3||67, 70||+1200||+1800|
|Jhonattan Vegas||T-13th||-3||64, 73||+3500||+3300|
*Odds taken March 1st; follow the link in the table above to see all options
Pass on betting Brooks Koepka to win Honda Classic
It’s hard to believe with all his accolades that Brooks Koepka has just two “minor” tournament wins to go along with his impressive three major titles. However, one of those came just four PGA Tour starts ago at the CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges.
Brooks Koepka carded a final round 64 (with an eagle on his final hole) to win his 5th PGA Tout title at the CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges.
— Golf Digest (@GolfDigest) October 21, 2018
Brooks hasn’t been overly impressive stats-wise through two rounds at a course he’s traditionally struggled on. He’s 27th in greens in regulation and 25th in strokes gained: putting.
"Two years ago, I was ready to walk off."
— GOLF.com (@GOLF_com) March 1, 2019
Obviously. you’d be crazy to discount to Koepka, especially with the leaders Mitchell and Im never having won a tour event. But with a super-packed leaderboard and his rather so-so course history, do the difficult thing and resist betting on him.
Brooks Koepka’s Career Honda Classic Results
|Year||Koepka’s Honda Classic Result|
Don’t Discount Lucas Glover’s Chances
The man to strongly consider is 2009 US Open champ Lucas Glover (+1100) who quietly has racked up a string of top finishes with six top-17 finishes in seven starts. Though he hasn’t won in eight years, Glover has been knocking on the door enough that he’s due to break the winless skid.
Best Live Value Picks at 2019 Honda Classic
- Billy Horschel (+3500): Just four back entering the weekend, Horschel had T-4 and T-8 finishes here in 2016 and 2017.
- Fredrik Jacobson (+8000): His results after missing an extensive amount of time following three hand surgeries haven’t been strong, but the Swede is just two back and these odds are too juicy to pass up.
- Michael Thompson (+15000): Want a long shot dart throw? Look no further. The 2013 Honda Classic champ has been on a roll with four straight top-13 finishes leading me to pick him pre-tournament. Enters the weekend six back.