Fairleigh Dickinson vs Purdue Picks, Odds & Lines for NCAA Tournament March 17
- Purdue Boilermakers are 23-point favorites over the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights in March Madness action Friday, March 17
- Purdue is the top-ranked team in the East Region, while Fairleigh Dickinson is 16th
- Below, see the Fairleigh Dickinson vs Purdue odds and picks for Friday’s game set for 6:50pm ET
Friday evening, the East Region #1 seeded Purdue Boilermakers tip off their March Madness quest against the #16 Fairleigh Dickinson Knights. Since 1985, when the tournament expanded to a 64-team format, No. 16 seeds have beaten No. 1 teams just once in the men’s tournament. That occurred in 2018, when UMBC defeated Virginia 74-54.
For the campaign, the Knights had a record of 20-15, while the Boilermakers were 29-5. FDU won their first four matchup to get into the tournament against Texas Southern 84-61. Purdue won the Big Ten conference to become the #1 seed for just the fourth time in school history, and first occasion since 1996.
Given the discrepancy in seeds, it should come as no surprise that oddsmakers have installed Purdue as a massive 23-point favorite over their counterparts.
Fairleigh Dickinson vs Purdue Odds
|Game Time (ET)||Team||Spread||Moneyline||Total|
|Friday, March 17th||Fairleigh Dickinson Knights||+23 (-110)||+2000||O 145 (-110)|
|6:50 pm||Purdue Boilermakers||-23 (-110)||-8000||U 145 (-110)|
Purdue is a number one seed in the March Madness bracket. to go along with Alabama, Kansas and Houston. The Boilermakers are the fourth choice at +1100 in the March Madness odds. The Knights are massive longshots at +1000000.
LOCK IN PROMO
Sign Up Today & Receive Up to
$1,050 in Bonuses!
& GET $1,050
BONUS BETS + DEPOSIT BONUSGET PROMO
Odds as of March 16 at DraftKings Sportsbook. See the best college basketball betting apps.
Tip-off is set for 6:50 pm ET on Friday, March 17th at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH. The game is being carried by TNT. Purdue are huge 23 favorites in this one with a total of 145 points.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights Betting Trends
FDU is making their seventh ever appearance in the tournament, and first since 2019. In all but two instances, they were the 16th seed, and got ousted (the other two times they were 15th, and also lost, and in 2016 they dropped a first four battle). It’s been a remarkable turnaround for them, following a disastrous 4-22 campaign last year. They got in by handily dispatching the Texas Southern Tigers 84-61 in the first four.
| Still dancing!#reigKNIGHTed | @MarchMadnessMBB pic.twitter.com/WUSPewR8FL
— FDU Men's Basketball (@FDUKnightsMBB) March 16, 2023
They have their work cut out for them, as they’re the smallest school in Division I. Ansley Almonor is their tallest starter, and he’s 6-6. That’s giving up eight inches to the lone unanimous pick for AP-All America team Zach Edey. FDU comes in having taken five of their last seven contests, four of which were by at least 17 points.
Purdue Boilermakers Betting Trends
The Purdue Boilermakers are coming in with the weight of expectation, as they attempt to make their first final-four appearance since 1980. They’re the #1 seed in the East region for the first time since 1996. They’re led by towering Center Zach Edey and his 22.3 points per game and 12.8 rebounds per contest. He’s priced as a massive -6000 favorite to win National Player of the Year.
🏆 AP All-America, First Team:
🏀 Zach Edey
🏀 Trayce Jackson-Davis
🏀 Jalen Wilson
🏀 Marcus Sasser
🏀 Brandon Miller pic.twitter.com/HrfAi24Jma
— NCAA March Madness (@MarchMadnessMBB) March 14, 2023
The 7′ 4″ tower that is Zach Edey racked up 30+ points six times this season, and The Boilermakers are 14-and-0 in non-conference play. Edey ranks sixth in PPG, and third in RPG in the country. Only one other teammate has averaged more than ten points per outing (Fletcher Loyer, 10.9), so the offense goes through Edey. They’re 11-16 against the spread on the season.
Fairleigh Dickinson vs Purdue Prediction
FDU might prove pesky enough to make this somewhat competitive early on, as they have four players in double digit points. They can spread the floor and push the ball, but Edey’s presence in the paint will clog up a ton of scoring chances.
There’s a reason only one #1 seed has been defeated in the March Madness, and it shouldn’t change now. Purdue is too experienced and too big to fall to the Knights.
Picks: Purdue Boilermakers (-8000), Under 145 points (-110)
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON COLLEGE BASKETBALL & GET $200 IN BONUS BETS!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
Other March Madness first-round predictions:
- Alabama vs Texas A&M-CC Odds & Picks
- Charleston vs San Diego State Odds, Spread & Predictions
- Illinois vs Arkansas Odds, Lines & Picks
- Princeton vs Arizona Predictions & Odds
- Auburn vs Iowa Picks, Odds & Spread
- Northern Kentucky vs Houston Predictions & Odds
- Oral Roberts vs Duke Predictions & Odds
- Colgate vs Texas Odds, Lines & Predictions
- Boise State vs Northwestern Odds, Spread & Picks
- Louisiana vs Tennessee Odds & Picks
- UNC Asheville vs UCLA Picks & Odds
- USC vs Michigan State Odds, Spread & Picks
- UC Santa Barbara vs Baylor Odds, Lines & Predictions
- VCU vs Saint Mary’s Picks & Odds
- Pittsburgh vs Iowa State Odds & Predictions
- Kennesaw State vs Xavier Predictions & Odds
- Vermont vs Marquette Odds, Lines & Picks
- NC State vs Creighton Predictions, Odds & Spread
- Iona vs UConn Odds & Picks
- FAU vs Memphis Odds, Picks, and Predictions