Week 17 NFL Picks Against the Spread – Early Lines to Target
- Looking at the Week 17 NFL picks against the spread, the Carolina Panthers are 5-1 ATS in their last six games
- Jacksonville is a 4-point pick over the Texans, but the Jaguars are 1-7 SU in their last eight visits to Houston
- Washington will seek to end a two-game losing skid as the Commanders play host to the Cleveland Browns
The south has risen in the NFL Week 17 NFL picks against the spread. Among the early games to target are two key matches that will have much to say about the races in both the AFC and NFC South divisions.
Suddenly leading the AFC South, the 7-8 Jacksonville Jaguars are 4-point road favorites against division rivals the Houston Texans. The Jags are riding a three-game winning streak.
Meanwhile, the NFC’s hottest ATS team is the Carolina Panthers. At 6-9, if the Panthers win out the rest of the way, they win the NFC South title. They’re facing a big test in the Week 17 slate, traveling to Tampa Bay to face the 7-8 Buccaneers. In the spread, the Panthers are 3-point road underdogs.
Another key game in the NFC playoff chase sees the #7-seeded Washington Commanders looking to end a two-game losing skid against the Cleveland Browns. The Commanders are set as a 2-point home pick.
Which of these games are worth targeting in the Week 17 NFL odds as ATS picks? Let’s take a look at that and all of the Week 17 picks against the spread.
Week 17 NFL Picks Against the Spread
|Carolina Panthers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers||TB-3||CAR||1|
|Cleveland Browns vs Washington Commanders||WAS-2||WAS||1|
|Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans||JAX-4||JAX||1|
Odds as of December 27 at Caesars Sportsbook. Get this Caesars Sportsbook bonus code to bet on the NFL in Week 17
Our top NFL ATS picks this week in the table above will feature plays on the Panthers, Commanders and Jaguars.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON NFL & GET $150 IN BONUS BETS!
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
GET UP TO $1,250 ON CAESARS FOR ANY NFL GAME
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST NFL BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK
NFL ATS Pick 1: Jaguars Suddenly the Team to Beat
Sure, Jacksonville’s recent history against Houston isn’t great (1-5 ATS in the past six games). However, the recent history of the Jaguars is very good. They’re 4-1 ATS over the past five games.
‘Tis the season, after all 🎁 https://t.co/dlupdfVSwP
— Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) December 24, 2022
Houston is 5-1 ATS in its’ last six meetings with an AFC South opponent. And the Texans are 3-0 ATS over the last three games. But the Texans beat Tennessee outright last week to put Jacksonville in first place. They’ve won back-to-back games just once over the past 37 games.
Pick: Jacksonville Jaguars -4 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 2: Commanders Must Take Command
Washington is 0-2-1 SU over the past three games. Clinging to the last NFC postseason berth, the Commanders are +170 to make it in the NFL playoff odds.
They are 5-1-1 ATS in the last seven games against AFC opposition. And Cleveland is 1-4 SU in the past five road games.
Pick: Washington Commanders -2 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 3: Panthers Rule NFC South
Along with a 5-1 ATS mark in their past five games, the Panthers are also 5-0 ATS in the last five against NFC opponents and 4-1 ATS in the last five vs NFC South opposition.
“I know it’s Christmas season…it’s pretty MIRACULOUS what [Steve Wilks] has done with that football team!!”@CowherCBS is impressed with the head coach and how he's reinvigorated Sam Darnold and the Carolina Panthers. pic.twitter.com/hPcWnY8hg3
— NFL on CBS 🏈 (@NFLonCBS) December 24, 2022
Tampa Bay is 4-1 ATS in the last five against the Panthers and will clinch the division with a win here. However, the Buccaneers are 0-5 ATS overall in the past five games and 1-7-1 ATS in their last nine home games.
Pick: Carolina Panthers +4 (-110), 1 unit
- ATS season record 29-19-1
Week 17 NFL Picks Against the Spread Quick Picks
- Cowboys (-10) vs Titans: Dallas is 11-4 ATS in their last 15 road games. Tennessee is winless (0-4-1) ATS in the last five games
- Falcons (-3.5) vs Cardinals: Atlanta is 2-6 ATS in the last nine games, but 5-2 SU in the past seven against Arizona
- Giants (-5) vs Colts: Giants are 4-1 ATS in the last five games. Colts are 1-8 SU and 3-6 ATS in the last nine games
- Lions (-6) vs Bears: Detroit is 10-2 ATS in the last 12 home games. Chicago is 4-0 SU in the last four at Detroit, though
- Dolphins (+2.5) vs Patriots: Miami is 4-0 SU and ATS in the last four games against New England
- Chiefs (-13.5) vs Broncos: Kansas City is 5-0 SU in the last five and 4-2 ATS in the past six when playing host to Denver
- Eagles (-6.5) vs Saints: Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings with New Orleans
- 49ers (-6) vs Raiders: 49ers are 5-0 SU and ATS in the past five, but the Raiders are 4-1 SU and ATS in the last five home games
- Seahawks (+2.5) vs Jets: Seattle is 4-1 ATS in the last five meetings with the Jets
- Packers (-3) vs Vikings: Green Bay seeks to keep flagging playoff hopes alive, Green Bay is 3-1 ATS in the last four at home against Minnesota
- Chargers (-6.5) vs Rams: Already in the playoffs, the Chargers also win the battle of LA
- Ravens (-3) vs Steelers: Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in the last five games at Baltimore
- Bills (-1) vs Bengals: In the game of the week, Buffalo ends Cincinnati’s 7-0 SU and ATS run
LOCK IN PROMO
Bet $5 on Any Pre-Game Moneyline & Get $150 in Bonus Bets!
GET $150GET PROMO