- In the Week 5 NFL picks against the spread, only the Los Angeles Rams (3-0-1) are still showing an ATS slate without a loss
- There are eight teams that are 3-1 ATS this season
- All of the Week 5 NFL picks against the spread and early lines to target are outlined in the story below
Well, opposite day thinking didn’t work, so what to try next in the Week 5 NFL picks against the spread in a bid to turn around a 2-10 ATS campaign?
After checking with the big bosses, it appears that announcing my retirement isn’t an option. All that’s left to do is keep grinding and take my lumps.
Speaking of folks in desperate need of a turnaround in their fortunes, the 1-3 Cincinnati Bengals are going to Arizona as the 3-point road chalk over the Cardinals in the NFL lines for Week 5 ATS picks. If the Bengals can’t take that one, well it’s just about all over for them as far as the playoffs are concerned.
The Los Angeles Rams are the last NFL team yet to taste an ATS setback this season. They’re playing host to the reigning NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles are are getting 4.5 points at home.
After watching what the Baltimore Ravens did to Cleveland without Deshaun Watson, imagine what they’re going to do to Pittsburgh without Kenny Pickett this week.
Going into the MNF game, the New York Giants were the NFL’s lone 0-3 ATS club. Five other squads sit at 0-3-1 ATS following completion of their Week 4 slate.
Let’s check out all the top picks and best bets in the NFL Week 5 ATS picks.
Week 5 NFL Picks Against the Spread
|Philadelphia Eagles vs Los Angeles Rams||PHI -4.5||LAR||1|
|Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers||BAL- 4.5||BAL||1|
|Cincinnati Bengals vs Arizona Cardinals||CIN -3||CIN||1|
Our top NFL ATS picks this week in the table above will feature plays on the Rams, Ravens and Bengals.
Odds as of October 2 at BetMGM Sportsbook. Get this BetMGM promo code to bet on the NFL. For bettors in Kentucky, head over to BetMGM Kentucky, as Kentucky sports betting launched on September 28 and they’re offering a great sing-up bonus for new customers.
NFL ATS Pick 1: Los Angeles Is Rams Tough
Not only have the Rams yet to drop an ATS decision, they’ve kept every game within one score.
LA is #9 in the NFL in total defense, allowing 295.8 yards per game. The Rams are also 4-1 ATS over their past five home games.
NFL ATS Pick: Los Angeles Rams +4.5 (-115), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 2: Ravens Feast at Pittsburgh
The Pittsburgh Steelers season is devolving into a South Park movie. It’s blame Canada, as in Steelers offensive coordinator Matt Canada.
Steelers’ points per game under Matt Canada:
2021: 20.2 PPG
2022: 18.1 PPG
2023: 15.5 PPG
There has been zero signs or evidence of growth. Instead they’re going in the opposite direction.
— Daniel Valente (@StatsGuyDaniel) October 2, 2023
Pittsburgh is #25 in the NFL in scoring offense (15.5 points per game) and #29 in total offense (263 yards per game). The Steelers have been checked on 20 points or less in 24 games since the beginning of the 2021-22 season.
NFL ATS Pick: Baltimore Ravens -4.5 (-110), 1 unit
NFL ATS Pick 3: Bengals Can’t Continue as Below-Average Joes
Remember in 1976 when the reigning two-time Super Bowl champion Steelers started 1-4, then ran the table, won the division and made the playoffs? No, you’re not that old? Well, we’re guessing neither are any of the current Bengals.
Joe Burrow is the 1st QB in NFL history to attempt at least 150 passes in his team's first 4 games of a season, and average fewer than 5 yards per attempt on those passes. pic.twitter.com/yPKCPUCfWU
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 2, 2023
Razing Arizona is where it must start for the Bengals if there’s to be a happy ending. But they’ll need more balance and productivity from their attack. According to ESPN Stats & Info, Burrow is the first QB in NFL history to attempt at least 150 passes in his team’s first four games of a season and average fewer than five yards per attempt on those passes.
NFL ATS Pick: Cincinnati Bengals -3 (-110), 1 unit
- ATS season record 2-10-0
Week 5 NFL Picks Against the Spread Quick Picks
- Commanders (-6.5) vs Bears: The Bears have not won a game since Oct. 24, 2022
- Bills (-5.5) vs Jaguars: Buffalo has won three games in a row by a combined score of 123-33. They absolutely crushed a Miami team that had just put 70 on Denver
- Texans (+1) vs Falcons: Is it time to believe in Houston? The Texans are 4-1 ATS in their past five road games
- Lions (-9) vs Panthers: Detroit is 6-1 ATS in its past seven home games. Carolina is 4-1 ATS in the last five against the Lions
- Colts (-1.5) vs Titans: Indianapolis rookie QB Anthony Richardson is winning over more people every week
- Dolphins (-9.5) vs Giants: When in need of a big bounce back performance, who better to have visiting than the Giants on a short week?
- Saints (+1.5) vs Patriots: New England used to be invincible at home in October. That was when the Patriots QB was Tom Brady and not Mac Jones
- Jets (+2.5) vs Broncos: Denver just let the Bears score 28. The Broncos have surrendered 133 points in their last three games
- Vikings (+5.5) vs Chiefs: Kansas City wins but the Chiefs seem to find ways not to cover
- Cowboys (+3.5) vs 49ers: In the game of the week, its the NFL’s #1 scoring defense (Dallas, 10.3 PPG) vs the NFL’s #3 scoring offense (San Francisco, 31.3 PPG)
- Packers (-2) vs Raiders: In a rematch of Super Bowl II, Green Bay is 7-2 ATS in the last nine road games and 5-0 ATS in the past five facing the Raiders