2021 Stanley Cup Odds for Top Contenders
2021 Stanley Cup Odds for Top Contenders
This page tracked odds for all teams to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The graphs above were generated by calculating the average odds for each team from a variety of online sportsbooks. The Colorado Avalanche opened as the favorites, however, it was the Tampa Bay Lightning that won the 2021 Stanley Cup.
2021 Stanley Cup Odds
|Team||Stanley Cup Odds at DraftKings|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||-2000|
Odds as of July 6th, 2021
Here are some more notes on the movement of the top contenders for the 2021 Stanley Cup:
- [July 7]: The Tampa Bay Lightning have won their second Stanley Cup in a row. The Lighting’s odds closed at -2000 prior to Game 5.
- [July 6]: The Montreal Canadiens have kept their Stanley Cup dreams alive after winning Game 4 3-2 in overtime. Their odds have shortened, however the Lightning are still listed as -2000 favorites at DraftKings.
- [July 3]: The Tampa Bay Lightning have taken a command on the 2021 Stanley Cup Final after winning Game 3 6-3 against the Montreal Canadiens. The Lightning’s odds have drastically shortened.
- [July 2]: The Montreal Canadiens find themselves as massive underdogs after losing Game 2 by a score of 3-1. The Lightning’s odds have shortened to -1250, leaving them with little to no value at this point.
- [June 29]: The Tampa Bay Lightning won Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final, beating the Canadiens 5-1 at home. The Lightning’s odds to win the Stanley Cup have shortened to -560.
- [June 26]: After defeating the Islanders 1-0 in Game 7 of their semifinal series, the Tampa Bay Lightning have opened as -250 favorites against the Canadiens in the 2021 Stanley Cup Final series
- [June 25]: The Montreal Canadiens have made it to the Stanley Cup Final after knocking out the Vegas Golden Knights in six games in the Stanley Cup Semifinal. The Canadiens still trail the Tampa Bay Lightning in the updated Cup odds.
- [June 23]: After winning Game 6 against the Vegas Golden Knights, the Canadiens are now the second favorite to win the Cup. The Lightning are now the odds-on favorite.
- [June 21]: The Vegas Golden Knights have jumped into the favorite spot once again after tying up their series at 2-2 with the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs now have the longest odds to win the 2021 Stanley Cup.
- [June 18]: The Tampa Bay Lightning are now favored to win the Stanley Cup after taking a 2-1 series lead against the New York Islanders.
- [June 17]: The Golden Knights remain a narrow cup favorite after losing Game 2 to the Montreal Canadiens. The Lightning’s odds have shortened after tying up the series with the Islanders.
- [June 15]: After the Golden Knights and Islanders won their opening games of their Stanley Cup Semifinal series, both of their average odds have shortened. The Vegas’ average odds have shrunk to +117, while New York’s average odds have dropped to about +320.
- [June 11]: The Vegas Golden Knights eliminated the Colorado Avalanche in Game 6 of their second round series. The Golden Knights are now the favorites to win the Stanley Cup at average odds of +120.
- [June 10]: The New York Islanders have eliminated the Boston Bruins in six games and will now face the Tampa Bay Lightning in the third round of the 2021 NHL Playoffs. The Islanders’ average odds have shortened to +525.
- [June 9]: The Winnipeg Jets and Carolina Hurricanes have been eliminated from the 2021 NHL Stanley Cup race. The Lightning and Canadiens advance, while Colorado trails Vegas 3-2 in their second round series. Lightning are favored in the average odds to win the Cup at +142.
- [June 7]: Tampa Bay Lightning’s odds have shortened, while the Hurricanes’ average odds have substantially increased. Carolina’s odds to win the cup are as long as +3200 at some sportsbooks as they trail 3-1 to Tampa Bay. The Canadiens’ odds continue to shorten as they lead Winnipeg 3-0.
- [June 1]: The Montreal Canadiens rallied back from a 3-1 deficit to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round of their playoff series. The Canadiens odds to win the cup have significantly shortened from +7000 to +1700 at DraftKings as they now face the Winnipeg Jets in the second round.
- [May 31]: The Colorado Avalanche continue to lead the pack and are now as short as +145 favorites to win the Cup at some sportsbooks. The Leafs’ average odds have increase with the Canadiens taking them to Game 7 in the first round.
- [May 25]: After sweeping the St. Louis Blues in the first round of the 2021 NHL Playoffs, the Colorado Avalanche are even bigger favorites. The Avalanche’s average odds sit around +300, while the Leafs’ average odds have shortened to +467 after going up 2-1 against the Canadiens in their first round series.
- [May 17]: After the first weekend of the 2021 NHL Playoffs, the Avalanche remain the favorite to win the Cup. The Tampa Bay Lightning leaped Vegas and hold the second best average odds at +450.
- [May 13]: After winning The Presidents’ Trophy, the Colorado Avalanche are the favorites to win the 2021 Stanley Cup heading into the NHL Playoffs. The Golden Knights have the second best odds at +550.
- [May 7]: With the NHL Playoffs not far away, the Golden Knights and Hurricanes continue to make a push in the Stanley Cup odds. The Golden Knights’ average odds have shortened to +513, while the Avalanche still lead as +488 favorites. Carolina’s average odds have shortened to +575 as they hold a strong lead in the Central Division.
- [Apr 29]: Golden Knights’ average odds have shortened to +550 as we inch closer to the end of the regular season. The Washington Capitals’ average odds have also shortened to +1100 after reclaiming the East Division lead.
- [Apr 22]: The Hurricanes have seen the most odds movement in the Cup odds over the past two weeks. Carolina’s average odds were around +1300 at the beginning of April, but have now shortened to +788. They are currently tied atop of the Central Division with the Panthers at 65 points.
- [Apr 12]: The Boston Bruins were the biggest movers in the Stanley Cup odds following the NHL Trade Deadline. The Bruins acquired Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar from the Sabres as their average odds shortened from +2000 to +1650.
- [Apr 9]: The Avalanche’s average odds continue to shorten as they drop to +400. The Hurricanes are currently leading the Central Division, while their average odds are at +1000 to win the Stanley Cup.
- [Mar 31]: The Colorado Avalanche have re-claimed their spot as the favorite to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The Avalanche’s odds have shortened from +733 to +508.
- [Mar 22]: The Washington Capitals now find themselves in the Top 10 after winning four of their last five. The Capitals’ average odds to win the cup have shortened from +1967 to +1500.
- [Mar 12]: The New York Islanders’ average odds have shortened from +2133 to +1533. The Islanders have won seven straight games.
- [Mar 1]: The Tampa Bay Lightning are the new favorites to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. The Lightning have seen their average odds shorten from +767 to +608 over the last two weeks.
- [Feb 25]: The Minnesota Wild have won four straight games, including a 6-2 victory over the Avalanche. The Wild have seen their average odds shorten from +5000 to +3667.
- [Feb 18]: The Vegas Golden Knights have officially passed the Colorado Avalanche in the 2021 Stanley Cup odds becoming the new favorites. The Golden Knights’ average odds have shortened to +717, while the Avalanche’s average odds sit at +733.
- [Feb 9]: After a 6-1-2 start, the Florida Panthers have seen their average odds to win the Stanley Cup drop from +5000 to +3067 over the last two weeks.
- [Feb 3]: The New York Rangers continue to disappoint as their average odds have increased from +3233 to +4100. The Rangers are currently tied for last place in the East Division with the Islanders at eight points.
- [Jan 27]: The Montreal Canadiens continue their climb to the top as their average odds shorten from +2167 to +1567.
- [Jan 18]: After having their first few games postponed due to COVID-19 issues, the Dallas Stars’ average odds have increased from +2233 to +2533.
- [Jan 10]: The Montreal Canadiens’ average odds have substantially shortened leading up to Opening Day dropping from +3700 to +2467.
- [Dec 1]: The Toronto Maple Leafs’ average odds continue to shorten. The Leafs odds opened at +1875 and are now at +1600.
- [Oct 28]: The Montreal Canadiens’ average odds have shortened from +4933 to +3300 after an active free agency, including the signing of winger Tyler Toffoli.
- [Oct 15]: The Buffalo Sabres saw their average odds significantly shorten from +6033 to +5200 after signing forward Taylor Hall.
- [Oct 7]: After the conclusion of the 2020 NHL Draft, the Lightning’s average odds continue to improve now at +850.
- [Sep 30]: The early betting action has moved the Avalanche +738 ahead of the Lightning +800.
- [Sep 28]: They are not the chalk at every sportsbook but, on average, the Tampa Bay Lightning +863 are favored to repeat as Stanley Cup champions in the opening odds.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.