2019 Open Championship Odds Tracker
- See odds for all the top contenders for the 2019 Open Championship
- See odds for past Open Championship winners
- See which country has produced the most Open Championship winners
The 2019 Open Championship, played at Royal Portrush from July 14th to 21st, is the oldest major tournament in golf. We’ve been tracking the odds of every golfer involved in the months leading up to the event. Each graph has been generated by averaging the odds from multiple online sportsbooks to give you a better sense of each golfer’s true chance of winning the Open Championship.
Odds for the Open Championship Top Contenders
- [July 20] After shooting a course record 63, Shane Lowry enters the final round 16-under with a four stroke lead; he’s now the odds-on favorite to win The Open after entering the third round with +730 average odds
- [July 19] Shane Lowry and JB Holmes are tied for the lead after Round 2, but Tommy Fleetwood is favored with Brooks Koepka following closely behind
- [July 18] JB Holmes leads The Open after Round 1, but is still listed at an average of + ; meanwhile, Brooks Koepka, who’s two shots back, is listed as the favorite
- [July 15] Brooks Koepka saw his odds fade from an average of +730 to +1000, resulting in Rory McIlroy once again being listed as the favorite
- [July 2] Rory McIlroy is closing the gap on Brooks Koepka at the top of the odds, taking a big jump from +900 to +830. Koepka dipped slightly from +720 to +730.
- [June 27] Surprise US Open champion Gary Woodland continues to rise up the odds (moving from +5700 to +4300) but is still outside the top ten. Xander Schauffele moved into the top-ten while Tommy Fleetwood fell to 11th.
- [May 20] Brooks Koepka’s 2019 PGA Championship win has resulted in his odds for The Open Championship shortening all the way to an average of +800, making him the new favorite
- [Apr 15] After winning the 2019 Masters, Tiger Woods is listed as a short +770 favorite to win The Open Championship
- [Feb 27] With Tiger Woods’ 2019 getting off to a poor start, Rory McIlroy is again seen as the favorite
- [Sept 24, 2018] Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy are now co-favorites to win The Open Championship
- [Aug 13, 2018] Rory McIlroy has opened as a +1000 favorite to win the 2019 Open Championship
The Open Championship Odds at Bovada
|Player||Odds to Win the 2019 Open Championship at Bovada|
*Odds taken on July 19, 2019
OWGR Top Ranked Golfers
Odds for Past Open Championship Winners
Rory McIlroy won his first, and so far only, Open Championship in 2014 when he defeated Rickie Fowler and Sergio Garcia by just two strokes. The victory was especially meaningful for the Northern Ireland native as it allowed him to become the first European golfer to win three different majors.
Past 10 Winners
Tiger Woods already has three Claret Jugs in his overflowing trophy case, but he’ll have to stick around a little longer to catch up to legendary linksman Harry Vardon, who won the event six times from 1896 to 1914.
Open Championship Winners by Country
Scottish golfers won the first 29 Open Championships, but the Yanks have been making up for lost time ever since. Americans have won the event a record 44 times since 1921 and captured 10 titles in 12 years from 1995 to 2006.
Archived Open Championship Odds: 2018