- The inaugural Zozo Championship from Japan tees off Thursday, October 24th
- Tiger Woods makes first official start since August
- The golfers with the best value to emerge victorious
The entertaining skins game match between Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day and Hideki Matsuyama has come and gone with Day defeating his three competitors by snagging eight skins worth just over $200k.
Most North American fans likely did not see the exhibition, since it started at midnight eastern time as it was played in Japan, but the actual golf tournament will commence Thursday with all four of those players teeing it up.
This marks the very first official PGA Tour event to be held in Japan, with the Zozo championship taking place at Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club, and it is a limited field 78-man, no cut, 72-hole event.
2019 ZOZO Championship Odds
*Odds as of 10/21/19.
Steer Clear of Tiger Woods
While Tiger showed decent form at the skins game after a slow start, finishing second, banking on Tiger this week is fools gold simply because he’s not played anywhere in two months.
He insists his knee troubles are behind him, but a grinding four-day, 72-hole affair surely will lead to some issues which doesn’t lead to a ton of confidence he’ll hold up physically throughout the event.
Yup, @TigerWoods' knee appears to be fully healed 🚀
— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) October 21, 2019
Of course, when he was competing a few months ago it wasn’t as if Tiger was lighting the world on fire either, as he posted just a single top ten finish following his epic Masters victory way back in April.
With that said, don’t be fooled with the otherwise juicy +3300 odds and steer clear of Tiger.
Tiger Woods Results Since Masters Victory
|The Memorial Tournament||T-9th|
|The Open Championship||CUT|
|The Northern Trust||W/D|
2019 ZOZO Championship Best Value Picks
- Jordan Spieth (+2200): Finished T-8th last week, his second top-10 in his last three events. Ranked first in putts per green in regulation and second in birdies. Has four top-20 finishes in last five tournaments he’s completed. Due to finally get off the schneid and find the winner’s circle again.
- Byeong Hun-An (+4000): Was right in the battle of the CJ Cup last week tied for the lead on Saturday before a disastrous triple bogey sunk his chances resulting in a T-6th showing. Also had a third place result three tourneys before that at the Sanderson Farms Championship.
- Bubba Watson (+8000): Any golf course, any event at these odds you take it for Bubba who can win any time he tees it up, especially in a limited field where you’re getting even better value he’ll win. Didn’t have his best year in 2019 but too much value to pass up.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.