- The PGA Tour’s Asian swing concludes in China at the WGC-HSBC Champions
- Action tees off Thursday, October 31st with a strong field of golfers
- See the golfers with the best value to emerge victorious
The exciting Asian swing has produced fireworks for the PGA Tour with Justin Thomas grabbing his second CJ Cup title in three years followed by Tiger Woods winning the inaugural ZOZO Championship in Japan.
This season’s first World Golf Championships event at the HSBC Champions has drawn a fantastic field at the Sheshan Golf Club which has hosted this event in all but one year in the tournament’s 15-year history.
This will be yet another limited field 78-man, no cut, 72 hole event with Xander Schauffele the defending champion after he defeated Tony Finau in a playoff last year.
2019 WGC-HSBC Champions Odds
|Golfer||Odds at Sportsbook 1||Odds at Sportsbook 2|
*Odds as of October 28th
Justin Rose Presents Great Value
This event marks Justin Rose’s return to the PGA Tour following a two-month break at the conclusion of the FedEx Cup Playoffs. Rose has been fantastic on this golf course in recent years, having won the tournament in 2017 in a stunning eight-shot comeback against Dustin Johnson and finishing third last season.
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) October 29, 2017
He comes into the event sporting reasonable +1600 odds so you’re getting him at decent value. Rose has an opportunity to finish off 2019 positively after putting together a strong season that probably feels like he failed to meet expectations after going winless following his victory in January at the Farmers Insurance Open.
That one time Justin Timberlake almost made a hole-in-one at Pebble Beach while Justin Rose was taking a selfie 😂pic.twitter.com/y0iAyFP6Gx
— Golf Digest (@GolfDigest) June 11, 2019
It’s not as if he was bad, missing just two cuts and sporting six top ten’s. Rested and rejuvenated, look for Rose to play well at a track that fits his eye.
Justin Rose’s Best WGC-HSBC Champions Results
Past Five WGC-HSBC Champions Winners
2019 WGC-HSBC Champions Best Value Picks
- Bernd Wiesberger (+3300): If the 34-year old Austrian played more stateside he’d be shown more love but he’s been dynamite with three victories in his last 13 events, posting runner-up, fifth and eight place showings in that time frame as well. Won last event at the Italian Open and was T-9th at HSBC Champions in last appearance at this tourney.
- Francesco Molinari (+5000): Winner of this tournament back in 2010 and T-6th in 2016. Hasn’t been quite as strong since kicking away the Masters in April but at these odds the value is simply too good to pass up for a former champion at this course.
- Bubba Watson (+10000): Has tasted success here as well, winning the title in 2014. Any golf course, any event at these odds you take it for Bubba who can win any time he tees it up, especially in a limited field where you’re getting even better value he’ll win. Obviously hasn’t been as strong in recent months but these odds are far too good to pass up for a guy who seemingly goes in and out of being interested.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.