- The BMW Championship from Olympia Fields Country Club tees off August 27th-30th
- This is the second leg of the three-part FedEx Cup Playoffs for the coveted $15 million dollar prize
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
After Dustin Johnson’s dominant eleven stroke victory at The Northern Trust, he’s the favorite to go back-to-back at Olympia Fields for the BMW Championship – which hasn’t hosted a PGA Tour event since the 2003 US Open.
It was the course that Bryson DeChambeau won the 2015 US Amateur on, so he’s a good bet to turn it around this week following his missed cut at the Northern Trust. He find himself at odds of +1100.
The top 125 players in the FedEx Cup standings have been whittled down to 70 following The Northern Trust. There are just 30 spots open to make the season finale at the Tour Championship next week, so those who are on the outside looking in will need a big finish to make the final tournament of the playoffs.
2020 BMW Championship Odds
|Golfer||Odds at FanDuel|
Odds taken August 24th
Dustin Johnson Coming off Massive Victory
To say that Dustin Johnson destroyed the field at The Northern Trust would still be a major understatement. He shot a career low round of 60 on Friday before bludgeoning the course on the weekend to the tune of an eleven stroke victory, the largest on tour since Phil Mickelson won by 13 in 2006.
Five weeks ago, Dustin Johnson played two rounds at Muirfield Village and didn’t break 80. Golf, man.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelTAN) August 21, 2020
He has another opportunity to blitz the field again this week after picking up his second win in six starts to get back to #1 in the world. He gained a whopping 18 strokes over the field tee-to-green at TPC Boston last week – his seventh of nine tournaments in which he’s gained shots on the field in that category.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) August 23, 2020
Normally I’d caution against any player with low +700 odds to begin the week, but there’s no reason not to expect him to keep it going, especially in a limited 70-man field.
Last Five BMW Championship Winners
*All champions did not win at Olympia Fields Country Club
BMW Championship Best Value Picks
- Rory McIlroy (+1600): Though he hasn’t posted a top-10 finish in seven events since the tour restart, McIlroy obviously is so talented he can go off at any time. You’re getting good value as four others have shorter odds than him. Tied with DJ for most wins (5) at FedEx Cup Playoff events, including this tournament in 2012.
- Harris English (+3300): He’s been as steady as they come, finishing with nine top-25 finishes in his last ten tournaments. Played in the field group with DJ last weekend, resulting in a solo second place result. Gained eight shots on the field tee-to-green in Boston.
- Kevin Kisner (+4200): Quietly has been playing some outstanding golf with a T-4th at The Northern Trust and T-3rd the week prior at the Wyndham Championship. Been inside the top-25 in five of the last six times teeing it up, including another third place showing at the Rocket Mortgage Classic. Gained at least five strokes on the field putting in his last four events.