- Tommy Fleetwood the favorite to win second Race to Dubai in three years
- Can Justin Rose win his first since 2007?
- The best value picks to be crowned Race to Dubai Champ
The European Tour has played five events and we’ve got you covered on the best value picks for who will be crowned the season-long Race to Dubai champion.
England’s Tommy Fleetwood won for the first time in 2017 while Italy’s Francesco Molinari took the golfing world by storm with a sublime 2018 season for his inaugural Race to Dubai title. Might there be another first-timer to win it this year?
Odds to Win 2019 Race to Dubai
|Golfer||Odds to Win 2019 Race to Dubai Title at Bovada|
|Hao Tong Li||+3300|
*Follow the link in the table to see all options. *Odds taken 12/18
Will Justin Rose win first Race to Dubai since 2007?
Justin Rose has come oh-so-close to winning his second Race to Dubai title after winning one previously in 2007 (order of merit winner).
He was in contention this year too, before creating waves by electing not to play in the last two finals series events (he finished fifth.)
Justin Rose’s Best Race to Dubai Results
A player of Rose’s caliber gears his schedule towards adding to his major championship trophy case as opposed to feverishly needing to win money lists, as evidenced by him sitting out the last two events.
He’ll be in the mix to win Race to Dubai but it’s best to pass on him at those odds, especially with him going through some changes in his game.
Golfers to Fade in 2019: Justin Rose’s Equipment Change Looms Largehttps://t.co/aVzMygC2yF
— FantasyLabs (@FantasyLabs) December 14, 2018
Past Five Race to Dubai Winners
Jon Rahm in Best Position to Become Third Straight First-Time Race to Dubai Winner
The Race to Dubai has been won by first-timers Tommy Fleetwood and Francesco Molinari in the last two years, and I expect Jon Rahm to add to that list of breakthrough champs.
To hell with the #1 world golf ranking. Jon Rahm’s hat tan got him in the hall of fame. Today. pic.twitter.com/2GT6IkrZF6
— Matt Barrie (@MattBarrie) January 28, 2018
His odds are at a reasonable +900 and the fiery Spaniard has all the tools to take over a tour. It’s not a stretch to expect him to be a great value to win the most money on the PGA Tour and also be top man in Europe.
He somehow has quietly won five times in the last two years between the States and Europe, and it feels like he’s just scratching the surface of his potential.
Value Picks to Win 2019 Race to Dubai Title
- Hao Tong Li (+3300): Moved up from 23rd in 2016 to 17th in 2017 and 9th this last year in Europe. The super talented 23-year old from China has won twice in Europe and finished 3rd in the Open Championship in 2017. Expected to play a full European Tour schedule which boosts his chances of winning it all.
- Matthew Fitzpatrick (+5000): The 24-year old Englishmen has five victories already. Remarkably consistent with a sixth place and two 12th place showings on the Race to Dubai in his four full years on tour (24th last year.) Primed to take that next step to super stardom.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.