- Bryson DeChambeau wasn’t on the book to win European Tour’s Race to Dubai in December.
- After an early win DeChambeau is now the betting favorite.
- Should you jump on him or does someone else present better value?
Bryson DeChambeau has been lighting up the golfing world with four wins in his last 10 starts.
Bovada has now listed him as the betting favorite to win the European Tour’s season-long Race to Dubai title after him not even being listed just two months ago.
Should you bet on the Mad Scientist, or is there better value to be had?
2019 Race to Dubai Odds
|Golfer||Odds to Win 2019 Race to Dubai at Bovada|
*Odds taken 2/6; follow the link in the table to see all options
Will DeChambeau Play Enough to Win Race to Dubai?
This was the first year DeChambeau has taken up membership on the European Tour and he’s already competed in two events with a victory and a tie for sixth.
His World Golf Championships and Major events will also count to his Race to Dubai total, but it’s hard to envision him playing a lot overseas.
Bryson just can’t stop winning. https://t.co/1X5J5zJ1xV
— Golfweek (@golfweek) January 27, 2019
It’s a lot to ask for an American to be tops in Europe for that very reason. Since the European Tour was formed in 1972, a grand total of zero Americans have been on the top of the heap by the end of the seasons.
DeChambeau’s focus will be geared toward the PGA Tour so at +500 I’d stay clear of wagering on him.
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) January 28, 2019
Bryson DeChambeau’s Last 10 Tournaments
|Omega Dubai Desert Classic||WIN|
|Sentry Tournament of Champions||7th|
|Hero World Challenge||T-12th|
|Shriners Hospitals for Children Open||WIN|
|Dell Technologies Championship||WIN|
|The Northern Trust||WIN|
Jon Rahm Could Push DeChambeau for Title
There’s every reason to think Jon Rahm could be even better than DeChambeau and wrestle the Race to Dubai title away from defending champ Francesco Molinari.
— Jon Rahm Rodriguez (@JonRahmpga) February 4, 2019
His odds are at a reasonable +1200 since the fiery Spaniard has focused on the PGA Tour thus far this season. He has all the tools to absolutely take over a tour, and with five wins in the last two years he’s proven he can dominate.
Last 7 Race to Dubai Champions
Value Picks to Win 2019 Race to Dubai Title
- Haotong Li (+1600): Odds have dropped from +3300 in December due to a solid year with a pair of runner-up finishes putting him ninth on the RTD list.
- Francesco Molinari (+2800): He’s as consistent and steady as they come, so it wouldn’t be a stretch to suggest he could make it back-to-back RTD titles.
- Matthew Fitzpatrick (+4000): The 24-year old Englishmen has five career victories already. Currently 16th on RTD list after just two events (second and 16th place results pushing his value down from +5000.) Primed to take that next step to super stardom.