World Wide Technology Championship Odds, Picks & Predictions 2022
- The World Wide Technology Championship tees off Thursday, November 3rd
- Scottie Scheffler is the +900 betting favorite over Viktor Hovland
- Below, see the World Wide Technology Championship odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
The PGA Tour heads to Mexico for the World Wide Technology Championship, and it features some impressive players competing. World #2 Scottie Scheffler is the highest-ranked golfer, followed by Collin Morikawa and Viktor Hovland, who has won this event twice in a row.
Going low is imperative for success around El Camaleon Golf Club, with four in a row and five of the last six champions all shooting at least 20-under-par. This tournament marks the third last event on the fall schedule portion of the wraparound 2022-23 campaign.
2022 World Wide Technology Championship Odds
Odds as of October 31st at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to make your World Wide Technology Championship bets
Scheffler starts the week as the +900 slight betting favorite, despite Viktor Hovland attempting to become the first player to win the same tournament in three consecutive seasons since Steve Stricker (2009-11 John Deere Classic).
LOCK IN PROMO
Add +1000 to Any Golfer to Win Any Tournament!
ODDS BOOSTSIGN UP NOW
Last week, Seamus Power was the lone top-50 golfer teeing it up, and it led to him winning his second PGA Tour event. The field is stronger in Mexico, with 12 players in the top-50 in the world rankings teeing it up.
Viktor Hovland Going for Three-Peat
It’s not often a player has an opportunity to be mentioned in the same breath as Tiger Woods, but Viktor Hovland finds himself with that chance this week as he attempts to win this championship for the third straight season.
Viktor Hovland (+1000) behind only Scottie Scheffler (+900) in opening odds for Mayakoba as he goes for 3 in a row. Here are the players to win same Tour event 3 straight years since 1980:
Steve Stricker (Deere)
Stuart Appleby (Kapalua)
Tiger Woods (3 in a row 4x, 4 in a row 2x)
— Will Gray (@WillGrayGC) October 31, 2022
In his two victories, unsurprisingly Hovland gained over 30 total strokes compared to his competitors. He’s had eight solid worldwide tourneys in a row, with a trio of top-5’s and nothing worse than 35th in that span. Hovland has been dominant in tropical locales, having also won the Puerto Rico Open and the Hero World Challenge, making him a very worthy selection to do it again at +1000.
Past Five World Wide Technology Championship Winners
2022 World Wide Technology Championship Picks and Value Bets
- Tom Hoge (+3000): 2022 Pebble Beach Pro-Am champion Tom Hoge has been playing really solid golf of late, knocking on the door for his second triumph. Dating back to the Tour Championship to conclude last season, he’s been no worse than T-13th in his last five tournaments. On each occasion, he’s gained strokes tee-to-green and on the greens. Hoge was T-3rd here in 2020.
- Thomas Detry (+4500): In four of his last six worldwide starts, Thomas Detry has placed 12th or better. The best result came just last weekend in Bermuda, where he was second place. Other solid finishes were T-5th at the BMW PGA Championship on the DP World Tour, T-9th at the Sanderson Farms and T-12th at the Fortinet Championship.
- Sepp Straka (+8000): Consistency hasn’t exactly been Sepp Straka’s game of late, with three top-10’s in his last six starts mixed in with three pedestrian finishes. However, these odds are ludicrous given that in two of the top-10’s, he was in playoffs at the FedEx St. Jude Championship and three starts ago, the Sanderson Farms Championship. Those two runner-ups saw him gain nearly 25 shots compared to his competitors.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $2,500!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK