Upcoming Match-ups

Atalanta vs RB Leipzig Odds & Prediction – Europa League Quarterfinals Leg 2

Gary Gowers

by Gary Gowers in Soccer News

Updated Apr 14, 2022 · 7:45 AM UTC

Willi Orban
Leipzig's Willi Orban, left, and Atalanta's Luis Muriel fight for the ball during an Europa League quarterfinal soccer match between RB Leipzig and Atalanta, in Leipzig, Germany, Thursday, April 7, 2022. (AP Photo/Michael Sohn)
  • It’s Atalanta vs RB Leipzig in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday, April 14 at 12:45 pm ET
  • The first leg in Leipzig ended 1-1 so a place in the tournament’s semifinal remains in the balance
  • We preview the game, look at the Atalanta vs RB Leipzig odds, and offer some picks below

It is Atalanta vs RB Leipzig in the second leg of their UEFA Europa League quarterfinal on Thursday, April 14 at 12:45 pm ET. The first leg in Germany ended 1-1, so this tie remains the balance with all to play for in Bergamo.

The match is the only one in the early timeslot and precedes Barcelona vs Frankfurt, Rangers vs Braga, and Lyon vs West Ham, all taking place at 3:00 pm EST afterward.

We preview Atalanta vs RB Leipzig and offer below the best picks for this huge UEL clash.

Atalanta vs RB Leipzig Odds

Matchup Moneyline
Atalanta +165
RB Leipzig +160
Draw +245

Odds as of April 13 at Barstool Sportsbook

The bookies find it hard to split these two in the Europa League odds with RB slight favorites at +160 with an implied win probability of 37%, compared to Atalanta at +165 with an implied probability of 36%. The draw offers the biggest return at +245, with an implied probability of 27%.


Sign Up Today & Receive Up to
$1,050 in Bonuses!

Excludes MA.
& GET $1,050



Over/Under and Spread

They list over 2.5 goals in plus-money at +112, given the first leg was a low-scorer at 1-1, or you can bet under that total at -139. In addition, Leipzig is +350 on the spread at -1.

If you’re new to this sport and need advice on soccer betting’s pros and cons, there are plenty of directions you can go when betting on this game and others.

Atalanta vs RB Leipzig Prediction for Leg 2 Quarterfinal

If Atalanta are going to make it to the last four of the UEL, they are going to do it the hard way. After seeing off Bayer Leverkusen in the last round, they again find themselves up against strong German opposition but did well in the first leg to come away from the Red Bull Arena with a 1-1 draw.

Despite struggling for goals in Serie A, Colombian striker Luis Muriel gave the Nerazzurri an early lead in Leipzig – a lead they held until the 58th-minute when, under pressure from RB’s Willi Orban, Atalanta defender Davide Zappacosta put the ball in his own net.

Serie A Woes for Atalanta

But while the Italians are flying in Europe, their Serie A form has suffered and they find themselves down in eighth and currently outside the European places with games running out. They have won just three of their last 14 Serie A games and at the weekend were beaten 2-1 by Sassuolo.

They have won only three of their last nine European matches at home, although a lot have been drawn, and their recent win in Bergamo over Bayer Leverkusen retained a proud record of having never lost a home game in either the Europa League or the UEFA Cup.

Atalanta vs RB Leipzig Head-to-Head Stats

RB Leipzig
4-1-0 UEL record in 2021-22 1-2-0
10 / 4 Goals for / Goals conceded 6 / 7
81% Passing accuracy 86%
47% Possession 57%
76 Goal attempts 47
D-W-W-L-D-L Form guide (all competitions) D-W-D-W-D-W

A Fine 2022 for Leipzig

Unlike Atalanta, Leipzig’s domestic form has been decent this season and they remain in the hunt for a top-four finish. It has though been a traumatic campaign off the pitch with a poor run of form early on, including a Champions League exit, seeing Jesse Marsch replaced in the manager’s hot seat by Domenico Tedesco.

Comfortable Route to Last Eight

The managerial change at RB has worked well. The arrival of the Italian prompted an upturn in fortunes and since his arrival in the second week of December the wins have kept on coming. In 2022 alone, they have won 12 games and are also unbeaten in 12.

In order to make it this far in the UEL, after dropping out of the Champions League, they had to overcome Real Sociedad in the Europa League playoffs but then received a bye in the next round after Spartak Moscow, for obvious reasons, were kicked out of the competition.

Atalanta vs RB Leipzig Team Lineups and Injuries

Atalanta Projected Lineup: Musso; Toloi, Demiral, Palomino; Hateboer, De Roon, Koopmeiners, Zappacosta; Pessina, Malinovskyi; Muriel.

Atalanta Injuries: Freuler, Maehle, Djimsiti, and Cabezas.

RB Leipzig Projected Lineup: Gulacsi; Klostermann, Orban, Gvardiol; Henrichs, Laimer, Kampl, Angelino; Olmo; Nkunku, Silva.

RB Leipzig Injuries: Haidara.

Atalanta vs RB Leipzig Picks

Atalanta have saved their best performances for Europe this season but, as we saw in the first leg, these are two very evenly matched teams. Key to the outcome may well be the RB defense, which is again the second-best – behind only Bayern – in the Bundesliga. For that reason, I see the Germans edging this by the odd goal.

Picks: RB Leipzig to win (+160) / RB Leipzig to win 1-0 (+950)

Author Image