Last month, we took the ladies to fashion bootcamp with our seven can’t-miss trends for summer 2015.
Gents, now that your lady is looking good in fringe and boho chic, it’s your turn to follow suit – no pun intended.
We aren’t suggesting you drape yourself in white lace, of course; we have our own list just for you! Here are our top-seven men’s accessory trends of the year.
- Caramel-colored leather goods: Stepping away from the traditional black and brown leather look has been a huge step for men’s fashion this year. As seen on the runways of spring/summer 2015 shows, a lighter caramel tone is the trend for men’s accessory bags, such as messenger bags, totes, handbags, briefcases, and even shoes! This is one trend that will carry right on to the fall, as well, so better stock-up on the cool caramel tones.
- Sunglasses: While aviator Ray-Bans are still very much in for summer 2015, you can also look trendy sporting round-framed sunglasses as well as all black Wayfarers.
- Linen ties: A new twist on a classic, linen ties utilize cotton fabric to create a more casual and comfortable outfit. Linen ties tend to be seasonal gaining popularity in the spring and summer months and fading out in the fall and winter. The color of choice for this year is once again a cool caramel tone, though light blue and gray
are also in.
- Leather-strap watches: This year, we were introduced to the Apple Watch and while the tech giant really made an effort to have their timepiece become the watch of the year, it hasn’t worked. Thus far, the biggest trend for men’s watches in 2015 is leather strap watches, with the favorite color being – you guessed it – caramel.
- Sneakers and trainers: Sneakers and trainers have made quite the comeback in the past few seasons and, this year, they are back once again in two- and three-tone color combinations. High-end designer sneakers from Lanvin and Pierre Hardy have taken on this color trend and, of course, it can be seen in the classic Nike and Adidas collections. Expect to see a pop of red for sneakers this summer!
- Wide-brimmed fedoras: This year, we saw a wide brimmed fedora become more and more popular as we entered the spring/summer season. With celebrity backing from the always fashionable Pharrell Williams, this is one hat trend that defines 2015 men’s accessories.
- Red scarves and belts: Dare I say red? If you have been keeping an eye out for what to expect in fall/winter of 2015, you’ll have noticed that the color red has been plastered all over runways. Red was used to excess in shows by Lanvin, Gucci, and Dolce & Gabbana. Since it’s a pretty loud color, the best way to ease into your look is with accessories like scarves and belts.