2020 NHL Calder Trophy Odds Tracker
- We tracked the odds for all rookies in contention for the 2020 Calder Trophy
- Colorado Avalanche’s Cale Makar won the 2020 Calder Trophy
- Looking for current Calder Trophy odds?
The 2019-20 season was, like most in recent memory, filled with promising rookies. The top-two picks in the 2019 draft (Jack Hughes and Kaapo Kakko) were joined by a fleet of slightly older players who have developed into blue-chip prospects (Cale Makar, Alex Texier, etc.)
In the graphs below, we tracked the odds for all of the top rookies to capture the 2020 Calder Trophy.
Odds for 2020 Calder Trophy: Top Contenders
- Sept. 21: Cale Makar has won the 2020 Calder Trophy, beating out Quinn Hughes and Dominik Kubalik
- Mar. 2: Makar (-130) has dropped further over the last month. Quinn Hughes is now nearly tied with the preseason favorite at +100.
- Feb. 3: Injuries to Makar opened the door for Hughes to close the gap, and he’s done just that, taking over the rookie scoring lead in the last couple weeks.
- Jan. 3: Cale Makar is leaving the field in his dust, improving to -237 in the latest update, despite missing eight games due to injury.
- Dec. 2: Vancouver D-man Quinn Hughes has moved up to second behind Cale Maker, meaning the Calder is likely to go to a defenseman for the first time since 2015 (Aaron Ekblad).
- Nov. 4: Cale Makar is the new favorite (+240); the Avs defenseman is tied for the rookie scoring lead while playing 19 minutes per night.
- Oct. 11: Some surprise here: Hughes’ odds got shorter (+230 to +200) even though he’s point-less in four games and a -3 for the winless Devils.
- Oct. 1: No surprise here: Jack Hughes (+230) and Kaapo Kakko (+240), the #1 and #2 picks from the last draft, have opened as favorites.
Calder Trophy Odds
|Cale Makar (Avalanche)||-130|
|Quinn Hughes (Canucks)||+100|
|Dominik Kubalik (Blackhawks)||+5000|
Cale Makar had 12 goals and 38 assists in 57 games to capture the 2020 Calder Trophy. Canucks’ Quinn Hughes logged eight goals and 45 assists and finished second in voting.