2020 French Open Odds Tracker
- See how the odds to win the men’s and women’s singles at the 2020 French Open have changed throughout the year
- Nadal and Swatiek are the 2020 French Open champions
- See which country has produced the most French Open champions since the tournament’s inception
The 2020 French Open has been rescheduled to run Sunday, September 20 – Sunday, October 4, moved from May at Roland-Garros, due to the coronavirus outbreak. We’ve been gathering French Open odds across a number of sportsbooks since they were first posted, and have displayed them in the graphs below so you can see the movement of all the top contenders.
- [10/11/20] Rafael Nadal was his 13th French Open title by defeating Novak Djokovic in straight sets
- [10/9/20] It’s a Djokovic vs Nadal final after Djokovic defeated Tsitsipas in five sets and Nadal beat Schwartzman in three
- [10/7/20] With the semifinals set, it’s a Nadal the even-money favorite just ahead of Djokovic at +120. Playing against the King of Clay in one semi, Diego Schwartzman is a huge underdog to win the title at +1800, while Stefanos Tsitsipas has odds of +750. He was +2900 prior to the tournament beginning.
- [10/1/20] Nadal and Djokovic are both considered just as likely to win the French Open at +145 and +144 odds respectively, while odds have shortened on Wawrinka from +5400 to +3000 ahead of the third round
- [9/24/20] The odds have tumbled for Stefanos Tsitsipas leading up the event from +1400 on Sept 14 to +2900 today
- [9/14/20] Thiem has +300 odds after winning the US Open
- [8/31/20] Nadal has seen just slight movement from -113 to -120 since February
- [1/7/19] Nadal has seen some money come his way since last summer, now odds-on at -115
- [7/18/19] 2019 champ and winner of three-straight French Opens, Rafael Nadal has opened with even-money odds to win again in 2020
2020 French Open Men’s Singles Odds
Odds taken Oct 9
Odds for ATP Top 5 Men’s Singles Players
Assuming he plays in the tournament again in 2020, the French Open is the rare opportunity to get one of the Big Three in men’s tennis (Federer) at long odds. Not known for his prowess on clay, Federer has early odds of 25-1.
Odds for Recent Men’s Singles Winners
Bet against Rafael Nadal at your own peril. The Spanish sensation has won 12 of the last 15 French Open championships. From 2010 to 2019, only twice has someone not named Nadal won the title. He’s done so now in three straight years.
Past French Open Men’s Singles Champions
Nadal’s next closest competitor for French Open supremacy is legendary French tennis player Max Decugis, who won eight championships from 1903 to 1914.
French Open Men’s Singles Championships By Country
The French have won 38 French Open Men’s Singles Championships, but they haven’t claimed top honors lately. The last homegrown French Open title-holder was Yannick Noah, who won it all in 1983.
- [10/10/20] Iga Swiatek is the first Polish grand slam champion after she defeated Sofia Kenin
- [10/8/20] Iga Swiatek defeated Nadia Podoroska 6-2 6-1, while Sofia Kenin beat Petra Kvitova 6-4 7-5 in the semis to reach the finals where Swiatek is listed as the -160 on average favorite
- [10/7/20] The semis are set. The biggest surprise is 131st seed Nadia Podoroska who once had odds of +75000 and is now just +1100. She’ll play Iga Swiatek who is favored at +125 and was +3650 coming into the tournament. The other semis features Sofia Kenin, +375 from +4500 and Petra Kvitova, +163 from +2100
- [10/4/20] After defeating No. 1 seed Simona Halep, Iga Swiatek is into the quarterfinals and is a slight favorite over Elina Svitolina to win the French Open
- [10/1/20] Top contenders Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka didn’t make it through the second round. While Petra Kvitova has seen her odds shorten from +2100 before the tournament began, to +900 ahead of her third round match
- [9/24/20] Victoria Azarenka was +2100 earlier this month but has shortened to +1200 in the days leading up to the event
- [9/14/20] Osaka is only 10-1 odds to win the French, after her weekend win at the US Open
- [8/31/20] Odds are drifting on Serena from +700 to +900 from earlier this year
- [1/7/19] Since last summer we’ve seen a huge adjustment in Andreescu’s odds from +2500 to +1100
- [7/18/19] 2019 winner Ashleigh Barty is only fourth-favorite to repeat with odds of +950
2020 French Open Women’s Singles Odds
Closing odds Oct 8
Odds for WTA Top 5 Women’s Singles Players
Odds for Recent Women’s Singles Winners
2019 saw Ashleigh Barty break out with her first Grand Slam win in her career by winning the French Open.
Past French Open Women’s Singles Champions
|2015||Serena Williams||United States|
|2013||Serena Williams||United States|
Chris Evert is the true queen of Roland-Garros. The Florida native won seven French Open titles from 1974 to 1986.
French Open Women’s Singles Championships By Country
It should come as no surprise that French tennis players have historically dominated the French Open, accounting for 30 championships since the event’s inception. The last French player to stand tall at center court was Mary Pierce, who won top honors in 2000.
Archived French Open odds: 2019