2020 NBA Eastern and Western Conference Odds Tracker
- View updated Eastern and Western Conference Championship odds for all 30 NBA teams
- Graphs show the highs and lows of the 82-game season for each team
- See historical results and trends within all six divisions
We’ve been tracking each team’s odds of winning the NBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Championships and have included the data below. The graphs have been generated by averaging the odds from multiple online sportsbooks to give you a better sense of each team’s probability of coming out on top. Bookmark this page and visit it often to see how the odds ebb and flow during the 2019-20 NBA season.
2020 Eastern Conference Odds
- [Nov 12] Toronto has impressed after taking down the Lakers and going toe-to-toe with the Clippers, improving their average odds to +990
- [Nov 5] Despite their loss in Phoenix last night, the 76ers are still the favorites in conference at average odds of +170
- [Oct 29] After the Raptors 3-1 start, the defending champs won’t be written off in conference, shortening their average odds from +1200 to +970
- [Oct 21] The Sixers have tightened the race for the conference on the eve of the season, sporting average odds of +190, while the Bucks hold firm as +160 favorites
- [Sept 25] Both the Nets and Raptors have seen their average odds fall as training camp approaches, to +925 and +1600, respectively
- [Sept 4] Milwaukee has become a heavier favorite in the conference, with average odds of -170
- [Aug 9] Odds on the New York Knicks have plummeted from +4700 to +8000
- [July 8] Bookmakers are bullish on the Bucks, who have opened with the shortest odds to win the Eastern Conference title. Milwaukee won 60 games during the regular season before bowing out to the Raptors 4-2 in the 2019 Eastern Conference Finals.
Odds to Win the Eastern Conference at BetOnline
|Team||2020 Eastern Conference Odds at BetOnline|
|New York Knicks||+15000|
*All odds taken November 12th, 2019
Eastern Conference Odds by Division
The Sixers nearly knocked off the Raptors in the 2019 NBA Playoffs before Kawhi Leonard’s Game 7 buzzer beater fell threw the hoop after touching every part of the rim. Will they have more success this season with a reformed roster featuring five-time All-Star Al Horford and Josh Richardson?
The key to the Bucks’ success in 2019-20 will be the ongoing maturation of Giannis Antetokounmpo, who increased his per game averages across the board during last year’s MVP campaign. If the Greek Freak can take another big leap forward – and add a reliable jump shot to his arsenal – Milwaukee will be tough to beat.
The 2018-19 season was one teams within the Southeast Division would like to forget, as the Magic were the only club to emerge on the right side of .500. Orlando and Miami should be better in 2019-20, but if you’re looking for a conference champion you should definitely look elsewhere.
Past 10 Eastern Conference Champions
The Celtics haven’t made it to the NBA Finals lately, but they remain head and shoulder above the rest of the East with 21 Eastern Conference Championship titles. Boston appeared in 10 consecutive championship series from 1957 to 1966.
2020 Western Conference Odds
- [Nov 12] Portland, New Orleans and Golden State have all seen their average odds take a significant hit due to their disjointed play to begin the season
- [Nov 5] The Warriors plummet down the board is complete, from average odds of +770 pre-Curry injury to now +4200 post injury
- [Oct 29] Denver has impressed bettors through the season’s first week, improving their average odds from +1000 to +780
- [Oct 21] Bettors are bullish on the new look Warriors, as their average odds are shortest they’ve been heading into the new season, at +630
- [Sept 25] The Nuggets odds have improved to triple digits, with an average of +940
- [Sept 4] Rockets odds lengthen a tiny bit, moving to an average of 450
- [Aug 9] Big movement on the Houston Rockets since last month, as their odds have shortened from +830 to +400
- [July 8] The Clippers have opened with the shortest odds to win the Western Conference title after acquiring perennial All-Stars Kawhi Leonard and Paul George in a shocking offseason heist
Odds to Win the Western Conference at BetOnline
|Team||2020 Western Conference Odds at BetOnline|
|Los Angeles Clippers||+200|
|Los Angeles Lakers||+225|
|Portland Trail Blazers||+3300|
|San Antonio Spurs||+3300|
|Golden State Warriors||+4000|
|New Orleans Pelicans||+6600|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||+10000|
Western Conference Odds by Division
The Jazz should be formidable in 2018-19 after adding elite point guard Mike Conley and lethal sharpshooter Bojan Bogdanovic to a core that won 50 games a season ago. Donovan Mitchell finally has the support he needs to push Utah into the NBA’s upper echelon.
Will 2020 be the year the Warriors finally fall off their perch? Golden State went to five straight NBA Finals from 2015-19 but could be on the outside looking in this year after losing Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins in free agency and losing Klay Thompson to an ACL injury that will likely keep him out of the lineup until after Christmas.
The Rockets should have a clearer path to the NBA Finals now that the Warriors appear to be in disarray. Golden State knocked Houston out of the playoffs in four of the last five years.
Past 10 Western Conference Champions
|2019||Golden State Warriors||57-25|
|2018||Golden State Warriors||58-24|
|2017||Golden State Warriors||67-15|
|2016||Golden State Warriors||73-9|
|2015||Golden State Warriors||67-15|
|2014||San Antonio Spurs||62-20|
|2013||San Antonio Spurs||58-24|
|2012||Oklahoma City Thunder||47-19|
|2010||Los Angeles Lakers||57-25|
The Warriors have been NBA Finals fixtures lately, but their eight Western Conference Championship titles pale in comparison to the 31 won by the Lakers during their time in Minneapolis and Los Angeles.