- The Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament gets underway on Wednesday with the Davidson Wildcats perched as the top seed
- Davidson trails both Dayton and VCU, who occupy the top two spots on the tournament odds
- Read on for all A10 Tournament odds and trends ahead of tipoff in Washington DC
A trip to march March Madness will be up for grand when the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament gets underway on Wednesday. The Davidson Wildcats claim the tournament’s top seed after finishing atop the A-10 conference standings with a 15-3 SU record. The Wildcats are also one of four teams along with No. 2 Dayton, No. 3 VCU, and No. 4 St. Bonaventure, to enjoy a bye into the quarter-finals, which get underway on Friday.
Odds to Win Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament
|St. Bonaventure Bonnies||+450|
|Saint Louis Billikens||+700|
|George Mason Patriots||+2000|
|Rhode Island Rams||+3300|
|St. Joseph’s Hawks||+4000|
|George Washington Colonials||+10000|
|La Salle Explorers||+10000|
Odds at Barstool Sportsbook on March 8, 2022.
Dayton is the betting favorite despite being the #2 seed in the tournament. At +200, the Flyers have a 33.3% implied probability of earning the A10 Tournament title. After VCU (+300), Davidson (+350), and St Bonaventure (+450), there is a sharp drop to fifth-favorite Saint Louis at +700.
Atlantic 10 Tournament Schedule
Two contests are on Wednesday’s first round schedule. Currently rising a conference-high three-game win streak, No. 12 La Salle battles No. 13 Saint Joseph’s for the right to face No. 5 Saint Louis in the second round. And No. 14 Duquesne searches for the end to a 16-game SU slide as they battle No. 11 Rhode Island, with the winner moving on to face No. 6 Richmond. Two additional second round contests are set for Thursday, with No. 8 Fordham battling No. 9 George Mason, and No. 7 George Washington tangling with No. 10 UMass.
The action continues with a pair of semi-final tilts on Saturday before tournament champion is crowned in Sunday afternoon’s final at Capital One Arena in Washington DC.
Last Five A10 Tournament Champions
Top-Seeded Wildcats Trail the Favorites
This tournament has produced six different champions over the past six years, and considering the relative parity that exists in the conference, that trend could continue this season. Winners in five of their final six regular season contests, the Davidson Wildcats enter the A-10 Tournament as the top seed. The Wildcats also sit as a No. 12 seed on SBD’s projected March Madness bracket, and could attract plenty of attention in the odds to win the NCAA Tournament. And even if they fall short of their first title since 2018, the Wildcats could be well positioned to claim an at-large berth in the NCAA Tournament with a deep run at this tournament.
The 2022 Atlantic 10 Tournament Bracket. pic.twitter.com/TfcJuWyPU1
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 6, 2022
Despite their conference-leading 15-3 record and strong all-round resume, the Wildcats find themselves lagging behind the favorites as a +350 bet in the A-10 Tournament odds. Davidson trails despite enjoying a double-bye to the quarter-finals, and avoiding clashes with the top two teams on the odds board until Sunday’s final.
Favorites Dayton, VCU on Collision Course
Among those are the Dayton Flyers, who enter the tournament as the two-seed, but lead the way as +200 favorites. The Flyers have helped their own cause by winning seven of their past eight, capped by last weekend’s 82-76 win over Davidson. They could also make a case for an at-large bid considering the demonstrated on their strong stretch run, which has vaulted them to No. 46 on the Kenpom ratings, and emerge as an intriguing dark horse in the March Madness region odds. However, the Flyers’ season has also featured some stunning missteps, most notably their 62-60 loss to La Salle as 9.5-point chalk just two weeks ago.
Dayton wins. They beat Davidson 82-76. WHAT. A. GAME. pic.twitter.com/2Di43ujMXU
— A10 Talk (@A10Talk) March 5, 2022
Closely trailing the Flyers in the A-10 Tournament futures are the VCU Rams, at +300. The No. 3 seeds also enjoyed a spectacular stretch run, going 8-1 SU in their final nine outings. The Rams have built their success on a sturdy defence that surrendered 70 points just once since the end of November, and ranks 4th in adjusted defensive efficiency at Kenpom. Currently perched on the bubble in their quest for an at-large bid, the Rams split their season series with Davidson, but rolled over in a crushing 82-52 loss to the Flyers, whom they have a high likelihood of facing in the semi-finals.
A10 Tournament Pick
Sports bettors looking for a value wager in this tournament, should look no further than the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, who sport intriguing +450 odds of becoming the first team to repeat as A-10 Tournament champions in over a decade.
For what could be the final time, the Bonaventure “Phenomenal Five” exits the RC floor.
After a loud ovation, the Bona faithful chants “One More Year.”
The Bonnies have clinched a double bye in the A-10 Tournament; they will be the No. 4 seed.
FINAL: SBU 72, Richmond 65. pic.twitter.com/jiH2VK3WmJ
— Tom Seipp (@Tom_Seipp) March 5, 2022
A slow start in conference play robbed the Bonnies of any chance of repeating as regular season champs, but this battle-hardened veteran squad has been steady down the stretch, winning eight of nine to close out their campaign with 12-5 record. With the exception of last week’s 74-51 road loss to VCU, the Bonnies have demonstrated stingy defence, limiting opponents to 55 or fewer points in three of their final five contests.
The Pick: St. Bonaventure Bonnies (+450)
- A-Sun Tournament Odds and Picks
- A-10 Tournament Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- Big East Tournament Odds, Picks and Preview
- Big Sky Tournament Odds, Predictions and Preview
- Big South Conference Tournament Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- Big Ten Tournament Odds, Preview, and Schedule
- Big West Tournament Odds, Picks, and Preview
- CAA Conference Tournament Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- Horizon League Tournament Odds, Picks, and Bracket
- MAAC Tournament Preview, Odds, and Predictions
- MAC Tournament Picks, Preview and Odds
- MEAC Tournament Odds, Preview, Schedule and Picks
- Missouri Valley Conference Odds, Picks and Bracket
- Mountain West Tournament Odds 2022: Picks, Preview and Predictions
- NEC Tournament Odds, Picks, and Preview
- Ohio Valley Conference Tournament Odds, Preview, and Picks
- Pac-12 Tournament Odds 2022: Picks and Predictions
- Patriot League Odds, Preview, Bracket and Predictions
- Southern Conference Tournament Odds, Preview and Picks
- Summit League Tournament Odds, Preview, and Picks
- Sun Belt Tournament Odds, Picks and Preview
- SWAC Tournament Odds, Predictions and Preview
- WAC Tournament Odds 2022: Picks, Schedule and Preview
- WCC Tournament Odds, Picks and Preview