2020 MLS Cup Odds Tracker
- Track MLS Cup odds for every team during the 2020 MLS season
- Seattle is favored, but just slightly over Toronto and Philadelphia after Week 20
- View teams individually or compared to others trending in the same direction
We’ve been tracking the 2020 championship odds for all 26 Major League Soccer teams since they became available and have included the info below. The graphs on this page are generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
MLS Cup Top Contenders
- [11/9/20] With the MLS regular season wrapped up after Decision Day, odds have shortened on several teams over the past two weeks including NYCFC (+1100 to +700), Philadelphia (+500 to +350), Dallas (+6600 to +3300) SKC (+1800 to +800) and Orlando (+800 to +600). Meanwhile, teams like Colorado (+5000 to +8000), New England (3300 to +7500) and New York Red Bulls (+6600 +10000) have qualified for the playoffs but seen their odds worsen of late
- [10/26/20] Now with a share of the Supporters’ Shield lead, the Philadelphia Union’s MLS Cup odds have shortened from +800 to +500 this month
- [10/5/20] Undefeated in nine matches, odds for Orlando City SC have shortened to +600 for MLS Cup
- [9/14/20] After a dismal showing at MLS is Back, the Galaxy had +2500 odds when the regular season resumed, but have looked strong of late and are now 10-1
- [8/17/20] With Portland winning the MLS is Back Tournament and the regular season now back underway, the Timbers’ MLS Cup odds have shortened from +2800 to +1400
- [3/2/20] After losing Josef Martinez to a torn ACL on opening weekend, Atlanta’s odds have dropped to +800
- [2/25/20] MLS Cup champs Seattle have average odds of +750 to repeat, while finalists Toronto are now +933
- [2/5/20] Just a week after the odds opened, some big movement has already been seen with bettors flocking to the Columbus Crew who have shortened from +8000 all the way to +4000. While teams like Atlanta (+600 to +1000), LA Galaxy (+600 to +1400) and Montreal (+700 to +1400) have all lengthened
- [Opening Odds 1/29/20] Supporters’ Shield winners LAFC have opened as favorites at odds of +300, while MLS Cup finalists Toronto FC are +500, and MLS Cup winners Seattle are +600
Odds to Win MLS Cup 2020
|Orlando City SC||+600|
|New England Revolution||+7500|
|New York Red Bulls||+10000|
|San Jose Earthquakes||+15000|
|Inter Miami CF||+20000|
Odds taken on Nov 9
Seattle defeated Toronto FC 3-1 at home to win MLS Cup 2019. It was the third time the two teams had met in the final in the past four seasons—with Seattle also winning in 2016, while Toronto won in 2017.
Seattle Sounders FC: @MLS Team of the Decade
2010 – U.S. Open Cup 🏆
2011 – U.S. Open Cup 🏆
2014 – U.S. Open Cup, Supporters' Shield 🏆🏆
2016 – Western Conference & MLS Cup Champ 🏆🏆
2017 – Western Conference Champ 🏆
2019 – Western Conference & MLS Cup Champ 🏆🏆 pic.twitter.com/NHKqvVHfoX
— Seattle Sounders FC (@SoundersFC) December 13, 2019
MLS Cup Playoffs Format
Due to the altered regular season and conference setups during 2020 and COVID-19, the MLS Cup Playoffs format has been adjusted this season.
18 of the league’s 26 teams will qualify for the playoffs which will include ten Eastern Conference teams and eight Western Conference teams. In the West, all teams will qualify directly, while in the East, teams 7-10 will compete in a play-in with the higher seeds playing the lower seeds.
Whichever team is the lowest-seeded winner from the play-in round will play the East’s No.1 ranked team, with the highest-seeded play-in winner playing the No. 2 ranked team. From there, the rest of the playoffs will consist of single-elimination matches leading up to the MLS Cup Final on December 12.
This format balances out the fact that Nashville SC has been moved to the East, from the West this season, giving the Eastern Conference 14 teams, compared the 12 in the Western Conference.
Additionally, MLS has clarified the format for the MLS Cup Playoffs. 8 teams from the West and 10 teams from the East will qualify. pic.twitter.com/vvmbSAMTz1
— Mark Fangmeier (@mrfangmeier) September 11, 2020
MLS Eastern Conference Odds
- [10/26/20] Expansion side Nashville SC, now four points clear in the playoffs, have seen their odds shorten from +20000 to +10000 since October 5
- [10/5/20] The Chicago Fire find themselves just one point out of the playoffs but have been playing much-improved soccer of late. Their MLS Cup odds though are still a long +25000
- [9/14/20] Odds have plummetted on DC United, who sit just one point outside of the playoffs, but have looked poor and have seen their odds drop from +5000 to +10000
- [8/17/20] After a finals appearance at MLS is Back, Orlando City are now third in the East and their MLS Cup odds are now +3000, shortened from +6600 prior to the lockdown
- [2/25/20] Just a few days before season kickoff and the same top seven teams are still favored though bettors have soured on Montreal as they drift from +700 to +2000
- [1/29/20] Eastern Conference teams given the best opening odds include: Toronto, Atlanta, NYCFC, Montreal, DC, New England and New York Red Bulls
PT! FC! The outcome was never in doubt. Huge congrats to the Portland Timbers for being crowned Champions and earning a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League ⚽️🌲 #RCTID #WhyOPF pic.twitter.com/JEeBF2Mks1
— OregonPremierFutsal (@opfutsal) August 12, 2020
MLS Western Conference Odds
- [10/26/20] Despite currently sitting in playoff positions, odds have dropped on Vancouver (+30000 to +40000) and Dallas +5000 to +6600. While San Jose, clinging to the final playoff spot have seen their adjust shorten somewhat from +20000 to +12500.
- [10/5/20] Since last month, odds have shortened on Portland from +2200 to +1400, while they’re sinking on last-place LA Galaxy from +1000 to +2200
- [9/14/20] Oddsmakers didn’t favor the Houston Dynamo coming out of MLS is Back. Their odds were +12500 in August. Having looked strong since the return though and sitting seventh in the West, their MLS Cup odds are now +4000
- [8/17/20] Once considered an obvious playoff contender, the LA Galaxy were winless at MLS is Back, and remain winless on the season. They are last in the West and their MLS Cup odds have sunk from +1200 to +2500
- [2/25/20] Sporting Kansas City have seen huge respect from bettors, shortening their average odds from +8000 to +2767
- [1/29/20] Western Conference teams given the best opening odds include: LAFC, LA Galaxy, Seattle, Minnesota, RSL and San Jose
A record-breaking season for El Capitán.
✅ First 30G/15A season in @MLS history.
✅ Most goals + assists in an MLS season.
✅ Tied for most goals in a single season.
✅ #MLSAllStar Captain.
✅ Supporters' Shield winner.
⬜️ MVP https://t.co/iqOqL1Wzen
— LAFC (@LAFC) October 2, 2019
Past MLS Cup Winners
|2018||Atlanta United FC|
|2016||Seattle Sounders FC|
|2014||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2013||Sporting Kansas City|
|2012||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2011||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2009||Real Salt Lake|
DC United appeared in the first four MLS Cup Finals, winning three titles in the process. However, their fortunes have turned more recently, having not reached the final since 2004, another year in which they were crowned champions. Those four titles put them only behind the LA Galaxy all-time who have five.
Teams with the Most MLS Cup Victories
The Galaxy have won five MLS Cup Finals and have been runners-up on four more occasions. Their last title came in 2014 against the New England Revolution. Last year they reached the Western Conference Semifinals where they lost to their crosstown rivals LAFC 5-3.