2022 MLS Cup Odds Tracker
- Track MLS Cup odds for every team during the 2022 MLS season
- LAFC and the Philadelphia Union are top favorites for MLS Cup as the regular season winds down
- View teams individually or compared to others trending in the same direction
We’ve been tracking the 2022 championship odds for all 28 Major League Soccer teams since they became available and have included the info below. The graphs on this page are generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
MLS Cup Top Contenders
- [Sep 21] Six teams have now been eliminated from MLS Cup contention: Chicago, DC United, Houston, Sporting Kansas City, San Jose, and Toronto,
- [Sep 7] With just over a month left in the regular season, only LAFC (+190) and Philadelphia Union (+370) are getting average MLS Cup odds better than +1000.
- [Aug 9] Averaging at -1600, CF Montreal are getting their lowest MLS Cup odds of the season, after going as high as +8300 in late March.
- [Jul 26] The biggest odds movement over the past two weeks for major contenders belongs to the LA Galaxy, whose average MLS Cup odds have dropped from +1500 to +2500.
- [Jul 12] With the season now half complete, the biggest mover to the good thus far is Austin FC, whose average MLS Cup odds have gone from +8300 in February to the current +1075. Going in the opposite direction is Sporting Kansas City, who opened at +1100, but have since plummeted to +15900.
- [Jun 29] LAFC’s MLS Cup odds have shortened to +300 following the announced transfer of Welsh international Gareth Bale, not to mention the 7 out of 9 points earned from their last three matches.
- [Jun 14] The MLS Cup odds continue to grow longer for last year’s Western Conference champions, as the Colorado Rapids are now averaging at +2050 to win their second title.
- [May 30] Heading into the international break after Week 14, NYCFC’s odds have shortened significantly since earlier this month from +950 to +450. New England’s odds are falling from +1500 to +2500.
- [May 11] Over the last month LAFC have clearly risen to the top of the pack and their odds have shortened from +600 to +350.
- [Mar 30] A strong start for Columbus has seen their average odds shorten from +3100 to +2100.
- [Feb 1] The 2021 Supporters’ Shield winning New England Revolution have opened as co-favorites with the Seattle Sounders at +600 odds, closely followed by LAFC at +900.
Odds to Win MLS Cup 2022
|Los Angeles FC||+225|
|New York Red Bulls||+1800|
|Inter Miami CF||+3500|
|Orlando City SC||+3500|
|Real Salt Lake||+12500|
|New England Revolution||+25000|
Odds as of Sept 21 at Caesars Sportsbook
LAFC and Philadelphia are leading the way in the MLS Cup odds as the regular season plays out its’ final month.
MLS Eastern Conference Champion Odds
- [May 11] New England finds themselves currently out of the playoff picture in the East and their odds to win the conference have dropped to +800 from +400
- [Mar 30] Inter Miami, in rebuild mode, have gotten off to an awful start and their odds have plummeted from +2300 to +15000. Meanwhile, Philly is now favored to win the Conference, shortening from +650 to +300
MLS Western Conference Champion Odds
- [May 11] Odds are plummeting on the likes of SKC, Seattle and Colorado to win the West, while Austin’s strong start has seen their odds shorten to +600 from +2000
- [Mar 30] The LA Galaxy have had a mediocre start to their campaign, yet still their West odds have shortened from +1800 to +750
Past MLS Cup Winners
|2021||New York City FC|
|2018||Atlanta United FC|
|2016||Seattle Sounders FC|
|2014||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2013||Sporting Kansas City|
|2012||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2011||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2009||Real Salt Lake|
New York City FC defeated the Portland Timbers in penalties in MLS Cup 2021 to win their club’s first title.
The 2022 season welcomes the league’s 28th team, Charlotte FC who will play in the Eastern Conference. To balance out the conferences, Nashville SC will now move to the West.
Teams with the Most MLS Cup Victories
The Galaxy have won five MLS Cup Finals and have been runners-up on four more occasions. Their last title came in 2014 against the New England Revolution. With their win last year, the Crew are now one of five teams with two titles to their name. Seattle, another team with two titles, have reached the MLS Cup Final in four of the past five years.
This article contains links to external sports betting services. SBD may receive advertising revenue from these links, however editorial has hand-picked each individual link based on relevance to the article, without influence on the coverage.