2023 MLS Cup Odds Tracker
- Track MLS Cup odds for every team during the 2023 MLS season
- LAFC, with just one loss entering Week 13 are the current MLS Cup favorites
- View teams individually or compared to others trending in the same direction
We’ve been tracking the 2023 championship odds for all 29 Major League Soccer teams since they became available and have included the info below. The graphs on this page are generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
MLS Cup Top Contenders
- [Sep 27] Matchday 34 last weekend saw the first two teams knocked off the board, with the Colorado Rapids and Toronto FC eliminated from playoff contention.
- [Sep 14] There’s little movement at the top, though Inter Miami’s average cup odds regressed a little this week, falling back to +625, while LAFC’s odds somehow improved from +750 to +675, despite recent losses to both Miami and Portland Timbers.
- [Sep 5] The midseason Inter Miami renaissance continues! Following their win of the Leagues Cup and their US Open Cup victory over Cincinnati, their MLS Cup odds now sit at only +600. But will they even qualify for the playoffs? The Herons will most likely need to win out and get help via losses from the five teams immediately above them in the standings.
- [Jul 18] Heading into the All-Star & Leagues Cup break, the Top 3 MLS Cup contenders are the Philadelphia Union (+700), LAFC (+550), and FC Cincinnati (+400). Close behind is expansion side St. Louis City SC at +1000, who’s seen the greatest improvement in odds after opening the season at +10000. The biggest drop in odds since February belongs to Toronto FC and Colorado Rapids, who respectively opened at +3500 and +4000, but both now sit at a distant +50000.
- [Jul 11] Back in April, Real Salt Lake’s MLS Cup odds were as high as +12500. But now, after getting points in 9 of their last 10 match, the Claret & Cobalt are now getting title odds as short as +2800.
- [Jul 4] The Houston Dynamo have seen a huge jump over the past month. After posting three wins in June, including two shutouts of LAFC, cup odds for the Dynamo have moved from +7000 to +4000.
- [Jun 27] For the first time all season, at +412 FC Cincinnati are now averaging the best odds in the league to win the MLS Cup.
- [Jun 20] The fall of the LA Galaxy may finally be complete. After opening the season cup odds at +1200, the Galaxy are now averaging +10000 after earning only 13 points from sixteen matches.
- [Jun 10] Inter Miami’s MLS Cup odds have improved dramatically following news that Argentina forward Lionel Messi will be signing with the team on July 5. Miami’s average odds to win the MLS have moved from +17500 to +1800.
- [Jun 6] The top four have remained relatively unchanged over the past few weeks, but Cincinnati (+450), Philadelphia (+650), and Nashville (+750) are as close as ever to frontrunners LAFC (+400).
- [May 30] After a seven-game unbeaten span in which they won five and drew twice, the average MLS Cup odds for Nashville SC (+800) are better than 10/1 for the first time all season.
- [May 23] Less than two years removed from the club’s third-consecutive last place finish, FC Cincinnati continue to prove themselves as a title contender in 2023. For over a month, the Orange & Blue have been getting the best MLS Cup odds in the Eastern Conference, going as short as +600 this past week.
- [May 1] Another club seeing a massive decline in odds since the start of the season is Sporting Kansas City. The only team without a win in 2023, SKC opened the season with cup odds averaging +2550, but now sit at a league-worst +17500.
- [Apr 12] CF Montreal have fallen in a big way. Originally getting +1300 cup odds, L’Impact are now averaging +8250 after winning only one match out of six to open the season.
- [Apr 4] A big away win over previously undefeated St. Louis has pushed Minnesota to fourth in the Western Conference and their cup odds to a season-low average of +2000.
- [Mar 28] St. Louis SC continue their ascension up the MLS Cup Odds table. After starting the season at +10000, CITY SC’s perfect start of 5 wins in 5 games has earned the club odds as short as +1400.
- [Mar 21] After opening the season with three wins and one draw, Atlanta United have climbed into the Top 5 for MLS Cup odds. The Five Stripes started the season with odds averaging at +2250, but after four matches are now getting +1300 to win their second title.
- [Mar 14] Expansion St. Louis continue to roll. They’re the only MLS side to have won their first 3 matches (for the moment) and their MLS Cup odds now average at +3750. At the other end of the table is last year’s expansion club, Charlotte FC. After losing their first three matches, their average cup odds have dropped from +4700 to start the season to +8750.
- [Feb 28] No major movement at the top of the table after Week 1, but MLS debutantes St. Louis City SC saw their cup average odds drop by nearly half, from +10000 to +5750, after notching an away win in their inaugural match against Austin FC.
- [Feb 21] Only a small number of teams have seen movement in their respective MLS Cup odds ahead of the season openers on February 25th. The average odds of Inter Miami (+2050), Toronto FC (+3450), and Portland Timbers (+3700) have all shortened since last week.
- [Feb 13] With the kick-off to the regular season just under two weeks away, it’s the two finalists listed as early favorites for MLS Cup 2023. LAFC are favored at +400 odds, followed by Philadelphia at +600
Odds to Win MLS Cup 2023
|Los Angeles FC||+650|
|New England Revolution||+1200|
|St Louis City SC||+1200|
|Orlando City SC||+1600|
|Real Salt Lake||+3500|
|San Jose Earthquakes||+5000|
|Sporting Kansas City||+8000|
|New York Red Bulls||+10000|
|New York City FC||+10000|
MLS odds as of September 27th at DraftKings Sportsbook.
This year the league welcomes a new team, St Louis City FC, and the expansion team is planted at the bottom of the early odds table at +10000.
Past MLS Cup Winners
|2022||Los Angeles FC|
|2021||New York City FC|
|2018||Atlanta United FC|
|2016||Seattle Sounders FC|
|2014||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2013||Sporting Kansas City|
|2012||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2011||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2009||Real Salt Lake|
It’s now back-to-back years of first-time winners. The 2022 MLS Cup Final saw LAFC defeat Philadelphia 4-3 in penalties.
The previous year New York City FC defeated the Portland Timbers in penalties in MLS Cup 2021 to win their club’s first title.
MLS Golden Boot Odds
In the early MLS Golden Boot odds, Nashville’s Hany Mukhtar, who had 23 goals last season and won the Golden Boot, leads the way in February with +900 odds. Sebastian Driussi of Austin FC is next in line with +1000 odds after scoring 22 goals last season.
Teams with the Most MLS Cup Victories
The Galaxy have won five MLS Cup Finals and have been runners-up on four more occasions. Their last title came in 2014 against the New England Revolution. With their win last year, the Crew are now one of five teams with two titles to their name. Seattle, another team with two titles, have reached the MLS Cup Final in four of the past six years.
This article contains links to external sports betting services. SBD may receive advertising revenue from these links, however editorial has hand-picked each individual link based on relevance to the article, without influence on the coverage.