2020 MLS Cup Odds Tracker
- Track MLS Cup odds for every team during the 2020 MLS season
- Nearly a month since the regular season resumed and it’s LAFC, Columbus and Seattle who are the leading favorites
- View teams individually or compared to others trending in the same direction
We’ve been tracking the 2020 championship odds for all 26 Major League Soccer teams since they became available and have included the info below. The graphs on this page are generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
MLS Cup Top Contenders
- [9/14/20] After a dismal showing at MLS is Back, the Galaxy had +2500 odds when the regular season resumed, but have looked strong of late and are now 10-1
- [8/17/20] With Portland winning the MLS is Back Tournament and the regular season now back underway, the Timbers’ MLS Cup odds have shortened from +2800 to +1400
- [3/2/20] After losing Josef Martinez to a torn ACL on opening weekend, Atlanta’s odds have dropped to +800
- [2/25/20] MLS Cup champs Seattle have average odds of +750 to repeat, while finalists Toronto are now +933
- [2/5/20] Just a week after the odds opened, some big movement has already been seen with bettors flocking to the Columbus Crew who have shortened from +8000 all the way to +4000. While teams like Atlanta (+600 to +1000), LA Galaxy (+600 to +1400) and Montreal (+700 to +1400) have all lengthened
- [Opening Odds 1/29/20] Supporters’ Shield winners LAFC have opened as favorites at odds of +300, while MLS Cup finalists Toronto FC are +500, and MLS Cup winners Seattle are +600
Odds to Win MLS Cup 2020
|New York Red Bulls||+4500|
|Real Salt Lake||+5000|
Odds taken on Sept 14
Seattle defeated Toronto FC 3-1 at home to win MLS Cup 2019. It was the third time the two teams had met in the final in the past four seasons—with Seattle also winning in 2016, while Toronto won in 2017.
Seattle Sounders FC: @MLS Team of the Decade
2010 – U.S. Open Cup 🏆
2011 – U.S. Open Cup 🏆
2014 – U.S. Open Cup, Supporters' Shield 🏆🏆
2016 – Western Conference & MLS Cup Champ 🏆🏆
2017 – Western Conference Champ 🏆
2019 – Western Conference & MLS Cup Champ 🏆🏆 pic.twitter.com/NHKqvVHfoX
— Seattle Sounders FC (@SoundersFC) December 13, 2019
MLS Playoff Format
Only one team from each conference will receive a bye in the first round of the playoffs. This means six additional teams from each conference will qualify for the playoffs for a total of 14 teams overall.
Playoffs feature a fixed-bracket, single-elimination format with higher seeds hosting throughout the playoffs. This new format began in 2019.
7️⃣2️⃣ points (single-season points record)
4️⃣8️⃣+ goal differential
🛡 Supporters' Shield
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) October 23, 2019
MLS Eastern Conference Odds
- [9/14/20] Odds have plummetted on DC United, who sit just one point outside of the playoffs, but have looked poor and have seen their odds drop from +5000 to +10000
- [8/17/20] After a finals appearance at MLS is Back, Orlando City are now third in the East and their MLS Cup odds are now +3000, shortened from +6600 prior to the lockdown
- [2/25/20] Just a few days before season kickoff and the same top seven teams are still favored though bettors have soured on Montreal as they drift from +700 to +2000
- [1/29/20] Eastern Conference teams given the best opening odds include: Toronto, Atlanta, NYCFC, Montreal, DC, New England and New York Red Bulls
MLS Western Conference Odds
- [9/14/20] Oddsmakers didn’t favor the Houston Dynamo coming out of MLS is Back. Their odds were +12500 in August. Having looked strong since the return though and sitting seventh in the West, their MLS Cup odds are now +4000
- [8/17/20] Once considered an obvious playoff contender, the LA Galaxy were winless at MLS is Back, and remain winless on the season. They are last in the West and their MLS Cup odds have sunk from +1200 to +2500
- [2/25/20] Sporting Kansas City have seen huge respect from bettors, shortening their average odds from +8000 to +2767
- [1/29/20] Western Conference teams given the best opening odds include: LAFC, LA Galaxy, Seattle, Minnesota, RSL and San Jose
A record-breaking season for El Capitán.
✅ First 30G/15A season in @MLS history.
✅ Most goals + assists in an MLS season.
✅ Tied for most goals in a single season.
✅ #MLSAllStar Captain.
✅ Supporters' Shield winner.
⬜️ MVP https://t.co/iqOqL1Wzen
— LAFC (@LAFC) October 2, 2019
Past MLS Cup Winners
|2018||Atlanta United FC|
|2016||Seattle Sounders FC|
|2014||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2013||Sporting Kansas City|
|2012||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2011||Los Angeles Galaxy|
|2009||Real Salt Lake|
DC United appeared in the first four MLS Cup Finals, winning three titles in the process. However, their fortunes have turned more recently, having not reached the final since 2004, another year in which they were crowned champions. Those four titles put them only behind the LA Galaxy all-time who have five.
Teams with the Most MLS Cup Victories
The Galaxy have won five MLS Cup Finals and have been runners-up on four more occasions. Their last title came in 2014 against the New England Revolution. Last year they reached the Western Conference Semifinals where they lost to their crosstown rivals LAFC 5-3.