- Just a few weeks are left until Game Of Thrones returns
- Excited fans are waiting with bated breath to see which characters will survive the finale
- Three of the six members of House Lannister remain; who will be first to die?
It’s not exactly new information that Game of Thrones is ending.
This has been a long time coming, and after a painful wait of nearly two full years, fans will finally get to find out the conclusion of this beloved series.
But given the show’s running theme of death, many fans are waiting to find out which characters will die. The Lannisters are high on people’s speculation list.
Odds Which Lannister Will Perish First
|Lannister||Odds to Perish First|
*Odds taken March 24
Half Dead, Half Alive
When Game of Thrones began, there were six members of House Lannister. They’ve been one of the most intriguing batches of characters to watch, but only half remain.
Of the three left standing, we have Tyrion (Peter Dinklage), Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), and Cersei (Lena Headey).
Get those bets ready, everyone. Because this time around, it’s anybody’s guess as to which heroes and villains are going to make it to that anticipated series finale.
We haven’t seen a Lannister kick the bucket since Season 6 Episode 10 when Lance and Kevan both got knocked off in wildfire-related deaths.
It’s been a whole season since then! Playing by Game of Thrones rules, the Lannisters are long overdue for death. But who will be the next to go?
— Game of Thrones (@GameOfThrones) May 24, 2017
Cersei’s Head Will Roll
Fans have been waiting for the wicked Cersei to meet her fate after a long-running list of evil deeds she’s left in her path.
Cersei is also the only living member of House Lannister on Arya’s kill list, with the only other listed member (RIP Tywin) from Lannister now dead.
Cersei is the only living member of House Lannister on Arya’s kill list.
With that target on Cersei’s crowned head, she’s got it coming, and it’s already rumored that producers of the show are going to deliver it on a silver platter.
Tyrion Up My Heart
Tyrion has been one of the most beloved characters on the show since the beginning, so many are rooting for him to stick around.
But given Game of Thrones’s history of not taking fan favorites into account when deciding who sticks around (Like, why isn’t Cersei already dead!?) and who dies (RIP Ned Stark), it leaves speculation as to if they’ll kick Tyrion off just for publicity.
After all, this is a momentous time for Thrones, with the HBO series now running full speed ahead of George R.R. Martin’s texts, leaving a complete guess as to the fate of these characters.
HBO is known for not tidying things up in a pretty little package (we all still remember that head-scratcher Sopranos finale, right?), but in this case, fans are so ready for Cersei’s death.
They’re likely to get it sooner than later. After all, winter is finally coming.
Pick: Cersei (-150)
Our Other Game of Thrones Season 8 Coverage:
- Yara Favored to be First Greyjoy to Perish in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say Arya Will be the First Stark to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds to Be Dead at the End of Game of Thrones Season 8: Jon Snow Favored to Survive; Odds Split on Daenerys
- The Mountain Favored to Die Before The Hound in Game of Thrones
- Arya Stark Props: Odds Say Arya Won’t Complete Her Kill List in Season 8 of GoT
- Cersei Lannister Season 8 Props: Odds Say She is Pregnant, Will Be Killed by Arya
- Odds Say Bran Stark is Not the Night King in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Odds: Jon Snow Listed as Favorite to Kill the Ice Dragon
- Head-to-Head Odds to Perish 1st in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Jon Snow or Bran Stark? Odds to Rule Westeros at End of Game of Thrones Season 8
- Yara Greyjoy Favored to Perish First in Game of Thrones Season 8