- Game of Thrones‘ eighth and final season kicks off April 14th
- In addition to death props, books are starting to come out with other Thrones-related bets
- Who will utter the first words of the final season? Who will speak the final phrase is the beloved series’ history?
As Season 8 of Game of Thrones inches closer and closer, more props pop up.
Deaths have been exhausted at this point, so odds-makers are branching out. Today, we’re dealing with a pretty intriguing prop from BetOnline. It deals with the opening and closing of Season 8.
Who Will Be the 1st Person to Speak in Game of Thrones Season 8?
|First Character to Speak in Episode 1||Odds at BetOnline|
*Odds taken 04/04/2019
Today we’ll examine the favorites, and some longshots. There’s some good value there if you go off the board.
Previous History of Game of Thrones Dialogue
|Season||Who Spoke First Line?||Who Spoke Last Line?|
|Season 1||Waymar Royce||Jorah Mormont|
|Season 2||Joffrey Baratheon||Samwell Tarly|
|Season 3||Samwell Tarly||Daenerys Targaryen|
|Season 4||Jaime Lannister||Braavosi Captain|
|Season 5||Melara Hetherspoon||Olly|
|Season 6||Davos Seaworth||Qyburn|
|Season 7||Arya Stark (as Walder Frey)||Tormund Giantsbane|
In exploring who opened past seasons, there aren’t a lot of heavy hitters. Waymar Royce was one of the first to die, while Melara was simply part of a flashback. There is potential that Season 8 follows a similar path.
Where Game of Thrones Key Players Last Left Off
Because of the…uh…situation we last left Jon and Daenerys in, there’s a good chance the season opens with those two. Or even with Tyrion reviewing the events.
But keep in mind that Bran and Sam just unearthed Jon’s true lineage. Both make for logical jumping off points.
While am on the #GameofThrones theories, this is how Cersei & Jamie will die: he will kill her, once more saving KL from being burned down by a mad ruler. Thus fulfilled her prophecy. Then he will basically suicide by throwing himself into the front lines of war.
— ~Syl (@MMOsyl) April 2, 2019
And Bran and Sam could appear after another flashback through Jon’s lineage.
In either of these instances, Bran and Daenerys speak with purpose. Jon (+200) and Sam (+2200) are the bigger loudmouths. They’d be more likely to kick things off.
Is There Someone Else Worth Betting?
Both Season 3 and Season 6 picked up immediately where things left off.
Season 7 saw the Knight King take down wall. If we pick up right after that, it could be Sansa Stark (+550) receiving word of the events that kicks things off.
Who Will Be the Last Person to Speak in Game of Thrones Season 8?
|Last Character to Speak in Series||Odds at BetOnline|
It’s interesting to see Daenerys Targaryen higher on these odds than the first person to speak in the season.
There are also a handful of characters with questionable futures on the list. We’ll try to weed out some of the more misleading bets.
Who Will Speak Game of Thrones’ Final Words?
Here’s where we can put some theories and prophecies to use.
Cersei Lannister knows she’s going to die. So do we. She’s not talking.
Three treasons will you know… once for blood and once for gold and once for love…
Daenerys has experienced two of her three treasons. The third is the one for love. Could it be betrayal from one she loves that takes her life? Or, could Jon Snow cure her infertility and give her a child? Death during childbirth could mean treason through love.
Storytellers Dominate Our Favorite Picks
Above all, the storytellers in Game of Thrones should have the final word.
We’re thinking Tyrion (+600) or Varys (+1600). Both longshots, but both concerned with passing on stories of triumph and failure.
But what about the man with the longest odds?
In the episode where Daenerys got her dragons back from that crazy man in Qarth, at the end Samwell Tarly was left when the other Nights Watch guys took off b’c the White Walkers were coming, the Night King looked directly at him bt didn’t kill him … I wonder why? #GOT
— B R E A K F A S T at T I F F I N I’S (@_80sPROTOTYPE_) April 5, 2019
That’s right, Samwell Tarly (+2500). My favorite theory is that Sam, who has a vast library of knowledge at his fingertips, is not only one of the more important characters, but the one recounting the events as well. It’s one that actor John Bradley, who plays Sam, seems to like.
It’s rare we get a reason to go with the longest odds on the board. There’s a lot of evidence to make a play on Tarly.
Our Other Game of Thrones Season 8 Coverage:
- Yara Favored to be First Greyjoy to Perish in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say Arya Will be the First Stark to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds to Be Dead at the End of Game of Thrones Season 8: Jon Snow Favored to Survive; Odds Split on Daenerys
- The Mountain Favored to Die Before The Hound in Game of Thrones
- Arya Stark Props: Odds Say Arya Won’t Complete Her Kill List in Season 8 of GoT
- Cersei Lannister Season 8 Props: Odds Say She is Pregnant, Will Be Killed by Arya
- Odds Say Bran Stark is Not the Night King in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Odds: Jon Snow Listed as Favorite to Kill the Ice Dragon
- Head-to-Head Odds to Perish 1st in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Bovada & BetOnline Far Apart on Game of Thrones Season 8 Odds
- Jon Snow or Bran Stark? Odds to Rule Westeros at End of Game of Thrones Season 8
- Yara Greyjoy Favored to Perish First in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Cersei Favored to be First Lannister to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
Let's have fun and keep it civil.