- Oregon and Washington are the favorites to win the 2019 Pac-12 Conference Championship
- Utah is gaining on the favorites, with the Utes now as short as +375
- No team from Pac-12 has reached College Football Playoff since the Huskies in 2017
Oregon and Washington remain the favorites to win the 2019 Pac-12 football championship, but Utah is gaining ground. In the latest NCAA Conference Title odds , Washington is at +200, Oregon is at +210, and Utah is at +540.
The oddsmakers at BetOnline are particularly high on the Utes.
2019 Pac-12 Conference Title Odds
|Team||Odds to win 2019 Pac-12 Championship at BetOnline|
*Odds taken 07/11/19
Oregon may have the best offensive line in the country and Justin Herbert could be the top quarterback taken in the 2020 NFL draft, but Washington has the softer schedule.
On the Utah side of things, a healthy Tyler Huntley and Zack Moss could give the Utes a real shot.
Utah the heavy favorites to win South Division
The Utes, seeking their first Pac-12 title in program history, are moving up the odds because they are the clear class of the Pac-12 South Division.
Quarterback Tyler Huntley was having a breakout year last season before a collarbone injury against Arizona State prevented him from playing in the final five games. Huntley threw for 1,788 yards and 12 touchdowns to six picks and rushed for 304 yards and four scores before incurring the injury.
Tyler Huntley did NOT put the ball in danger very much last season. pic.twitter.com/jhaoDdAeSB
— PFF College (@PFF_College) July 9, 2019
Huntley and running back Zack Moss will only benefit from Utah’s offseason hire of veteran coordinator Andy Ludwig. Moss played in nine games last season before suffering a season-ending knee injury. With head coach Kyle Whittingham doing everything he can to maximize his roster and the team having excellent running back depth, Utah provides good value at +375.
The lesser competition in the South Division gives them a very good chance of at least reaching the title game.
Washington’s schedule could be the difference
Oregon and Washington are both listed at +225 odds to win the Pac-12 title by BetOnline, but Washington may have the edge due to their softer schedule. Washington defeated Utah (10–3) last year to win their second conference title in the Pac-12 era.
There’s plenty to like about the Ducks this season and they should have the most talent in the Pac-12 North, but the schedule is concerning. The Ducks are just 4-12 on the road over the last three years and have to face Stanford, Washington, USC and Arizona on the road this year.
The Huskies have gone 32-9 in conference play over the last three years and have the more favorable schedule. Washington will get to host USC, Utah, Oregon and Washington State. They need to replace some NFL Draft picks on defense, but this is a team without any glaring weakness and which possesses one of the most-underrated home-field advantages in the country.
Is Hebert truly the best quarterback in the Pac-12?
Herbert may be the best quarterback in the Pac-12 to begin the season, but that might change during the year. Hebert has gone down with injury before and will need to stay healthy. Huntley and Jason Shelley form a lethal 1-2 punch and can give Utah the edge. Huntley’s quarterback rating last season was only about five points worse than Herbert’s.
The big question mark surrounding the Huskies is if Georgia transfer Jacob Eason can live up to expectations as the replacement for Jake Browning. Head coach Chris Petersen has a tremendous track record, on the whole, but never really developed Browning after his encouraging freshman and sophomore seasons. There will be questions at QB until Eason proves otherwise.
Oregon and Washington are listed as the favorites because they have the most talented rosters and more history of success. But Utah has great experience on both sides of the ball and a new offensive coordinator in Ludwig. If Huntley and Moss can stay healthy, the Utes provide some great value at +375.
Pick: Utah (+375)
SDB’s college football conference championship coverage
- AAC: UCF Is +125 Chalk in the 2019 AAC Conference Title Odds; Memphis Next at +300
- ACC: 2019 ACC Title Odds Give Clemson (-350) Almost an 80% Chance
- Big 12: The Big 12 Conference Title Odds Set Oklahoma as -125 Favorite
- Big Ten: 2019 Big Ten Odds Indicate Ohio State (+110) Is a Step Ahead of Michigan (+240)
- C-USA: C-USA Deemed the Tightest Title Race in the Country
- MAC: MAC Conference Title Odds Favor Toledo, But Give Six Teams a Reasonable Shot
- Mountain West: 2019 Mountain West Title Shaping Up as Boise State vs the Field
- Pac-12: Utah Gaining on Favorites Washington, Oregon in 2019 Pac-12 Conference Title Odds
- SEC: Updated SEC Title Odds See Alabama & Georgia Get Even Shorter
- Sun Belt: App State Is a -175 Favorite to Win 2019 Sun Belt Title
Let's have fun and keep it civil.