- You can wager on whether or not Cersei and Daenerys will give birth in the final season of Game of Thrones
- Cersei claims to be pregnant despite clues that she may not be, while Daenerys believes she is incapable of having children
- Will Cersei and/or Daenerys give birth before the final season ends?
Cersei Lannister cannot be trusted. Every sentence she utters should be considered false until proven otherwise, including her claim that she’s carrying Jamie’s child.
Her actions in Sunday’s Season 8 premiere have fans questioning her pregnancy now more than ever, and you can wager on whether or not she’ll give birth before the final season concludes.
Will Cersei Give Birth During Season 8 of Game of Thrones?
|Will Cersei Give Birth During the Final Season?||Odds|
Odds taken 04/15/19.
As it stands “No” is a heavy favorite and for good reason. In the cold open prior to Season 5, we learn from Maggy the Frog that Cersei will give birth and then bury all three of her children.
Everything described in that scene has come true, so what would be the incentive to deviate now? It’s possible that Cersei was lying to Jaime about the pregnancy in order to manipulate him, or what’s even more likely is that she’s had a miscarriage.
After the pregnancy reveal in Season 7, Cersei is offered wine by Tyrion in the Red Keep but chooses not to drink. It’s how her brother deduces that she’s pregnant, but the Queen is back to guzzling Dornish red in the Season 8 premiere after her surprising romp with Euron.
Cersei is still drinking wine in her condition ?! pic.twitter.com/tTS62RCSFu
— Cheryl Wischhover (@CherylAnneNY) April 15, 2019
She’s noticeably distraught when Euron tells her he’s “going to put a baby in her belly”, and perhaps she’s just disgusted by her actions, or perhaps her sadness is the realization that she’ll never bring another child into this world. I lean towards the latter.
Pick: No (-260)
Will Daenerys Give Birth During Season 8 of Game of Thrones?
|Will Daenerys Give Birth During the Final Season?||Odds|
While Cersei’s pregnancy claim remains a mystery, there’s plenty of speculation that Daenerys is pregnant with her nephew’s baby. Daenerys is still under the impression that she’s incapable of conceiving a child, something she’s told Jon and anyone else who will listen.
Book readers will remember in A Dance with Dragons, George RR Martin left the door open for a future Daenerys pregnancy, and it would be strange to stage an epic love scene between her and Jon and not have it result in a child.
While it seems unlikely that both will survive the final season, the entire story is based on a song of Ice and Fire, and their offspring is the only way to ensure the story continues. If the living do prevail in the Great War to come, a succession line will need to be put in place, and in order for that to happen Jon and Dany will need to produce an heir.
Pick: Yes (+135)
Our Other Game of Thrones Season 8 Coverage:
- Yara Favored to be First Greyjoy to Perish in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say Arya Will be the First Stark to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds to Be Dead at the End of Game of Thrones Season 8: Jon Snow Favored to Survive; Odds Split on Daenerys
- The Mountain Favored to Die Before The Hound in Game of Thrones
- Arya Stark Props: Odds Say Arya Won’t Complete Her Kill List in Season 8 of GoT
- Cersei Lannister Season 8 Props: Odds Say She is Pregnant, Will Be Killed by Arya
- Odds Say Bran Stark is Not the Night King in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Odds: Jon Snow Listed as Favorite to Kill the Ice Dragon
- Head-to-Head Odds to Perish 1st in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Jon Snow or Bran Stark? Odds to Rule Westeros at End of Game of Thrones Season 8
- Yara Greyjoy Favored to Perish First in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Cersei Favored to be First Lannister to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- You Can Bet on the First & Last Person to Speak in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds Say Rhaegal Will Be First Dragon to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Over/Under Number of People Arya Stark Kills in Season 8 Set at 3.5; Odds Say Cersei is First
- You Can Bet on What Bran Stark Will Warg into Next in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say the Night King Will Be Confirmed as a Stark in Season 8 Game of Thrones
- Odds Favor Jaime Lannister Killing Cersei in Season 8 of Game of Thrones, Arya Listed at 5-2 Odds