- Jaime Lannister is known as the Kingslayer but could he become the Queenslayer?
- Jaime leads the odds among Cersei Lannister’s potential murders
- Is Jaime the best bet? Who are some of the more interesting names?
We’ve told you how likely Cersei Lannister is to die. We’ve also told you about when she’s most likely to die.
But one thing we haven’t dealt with, is who’s most likely to kill her.
While there are plenty of people throughout Westeros with a grudge against her, most don’t have the guts to pull off the feat. But her brother does. And with them now at odds, does he have the motivation?
Who Will Kill Cersei Lannister?
|Who Will Kill Cersei Lannister?||Odds|
Odds taken 04/12/2019
Jaime Lannister unsurprisingly is at the top of the table.
He now has the motivation to kill the … uh … mother … of his children, and a lot of evidence backs up his claim to top spot.
Will Jaime Lannister Kill Cersei?
Well for one, he was already double crossed by her, and made to look like a fool.
When we last left off, Jaime had convinced Cersei to aid in the war against the Undead. Then, during preparations, Cersei announced that it was simply lip service.
She would simply allowed the North and the Undead to beat up on each other, picking apart the winner. Furious, and intent on keeping his word, Jaime is now squarely against his sister, siding with Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion.
So he has the motivation.
By this point, you’ve heard of the Valonqar. Valonqar translates to little brother, and Maggy the Frog told a young Cersei that the Valonqar would choke the life from her.
Maybe that’s what Cersei meant when she said this to Jaime before he left:
At face value, it looks like Cersei is promising Jaime that she’ll kill him. But perhaps she’s acknowledging her own mortality to the one she expects to kill her.
Jaime May Not Be the One to Do it
There has been a lot of discussion over what exactly Valonqar means. Most maintain it directly translates to little brother. But, like the Azor Ahai prophecy, it’s not a guarantee.
#ASOIAFacts Cersei Lannister claims that she and her twin Jaime came into the world together. And she's sort of right, Cersei was born first though making Jaime her younger brother. Or valonqar in Valyrian. pic.twitter.com/Uo6Zs214hU
— Joertnay Penrose, Sorcerer 🧙♂️ (@TheJoeMagician) January 28, 2018
If it does mean Cersei’s little brother, then it’s either Jaime or Tyrion.
If it isn’t directly referencing her little brother, we can add in The Hound. However, if it suddenly just means “Younger Sibling” then it opens up almost the whole field.
the valonqar prophecy
And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.
– Maggy, to Cersei Lannister
— EᗰIᒪIᗩ ᑕᒪᗩᖇKE | 🅴🆃🅴🆁🅽🅰🅻🆂 (@purple_dwagon) July 22, 2018
I mean, technically, if Cersei is REALLY pregnant, the baby could kill her. It would be a Lannister and a younger sibling to her first three children if we’re going the generic direction.
Who WILL Kill Cersei Lannister?
Poetically it should be Jaime Lannister. With their falling out in Season 7 and how, uh, “close” they’ve been, it makes sense.
Tyrion at +500 is the only other place we would go with this bet.
Game of Thrones theory:
– The witch told Cersei that her 3 kids will die, and that her younger brother will kill her.
– She is now pregnant with Jamies child.
– What if she ends up giving birth to an imp, and dies in labor. It will be ironic, and she’ll be killed by Jamies sperm!
— todd the god🌚 (@toddtheg0d) April 9, 2019
Not because we don’t believe that some of these prophecies will be misinterpreted, but we don’t believe ALL of them will be.
One of them has to be taken literally and ring true. And if anyone other than a Lannister marks Cersei’s end, it could stand to dull the impact.
Pick: Jaime Lannister (+150)
Our Other Game of Thrones Season 8 Coverage:
- Yara Favored to be First Greyjoy to Perish in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say Arya Will be the First Stark to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds to Be Dead at the End of Game of Thrones Season 8: Jon Snow Favored to Survive; Odds Split on Daenerys
- The Mountain Favored to Die Before The Hound in Game of Thrones
- Arya Stark Props: Odds Say Arya Won’t Complete Her Kill List in Season 8 of GoT
- Cersei Lannister Season 8 Props: Odds Say She is Pregnant, Will Be Killed by Arya
- Odds Say Bran Stark is Not the Night King in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Odds: Jon Snow Listed as Favorite to Kill the Ice Dragon
- Head-to-Head Odds to Perish 1st in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Jon Snow or Bran Stark? Odds to Rule Westeros at End of Game of Thrones Season 8
- Yara Greyjoy Favored to Perish First in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Cersei Favored to be First Lannister to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- You Can Bet on the First & Last Person to Speak in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds Say Rhaegal Will Be First Dragon to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Over/Under Number of People Arya Stark Kills in Season 8 Set at 3.5; Odds Say Cersei is First
- You Can Bet on What Bran Stark Will Warg into Next in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say the Night King Will Be Confirmed as a Stark in Season 8 Game of Thrones
Let's have fun and keep it civil.