- Bovada has released new Game of Thrones props ahead of the Battle of Winterfell
- You can wager on the time of the first death, whether it will be a member of the living or the dead, and which central character will perish first
- What are the best bets for each prop?
The second episode in the final season of Game of Thrones featured a little bit of everything except violence. For the second consecutive week, no major chess pieces were wiped off the board, but that’s about to change with the Battle of Winterfell on deck.
In anticipation of the most epic GoT episode yet, Bovada has released a trio of new props that center around the battle’s first death, starting with which side will lose a soldier first.
Who Will Be Killed or Destroyed First at the Battle of Winterfell?
|Who Will Be Killed or Destroyed First at the Battle of Winterfell?||Odds at Bovada|
|A Member of the Dead||-250|
|A Member of the Living||+170|
*Odds taken 04/22/19
The Battle of Winterfell will be the longest battle sequence in film or TV history. The living are horribly outnumbered and there’s no way they can start losing soldiers right away and have enough remaining to last the length of the episode. They’ve been frantically preparing for the upcoming attack, and will have archers, catapults, and traps ready to help land the first blow.
Before the Battle of Castle Black in S4 E9 and the Battle of Winterfell in S8 E3, Tormund tells stories about his life to the groups he is with to ease tensions of the oncoming war#GameofThrones
— Game of Thrones Facts (@thronesfacts) April 23, 2019
Keep in mind, the Night King will likely be missing from the initial action while he hunts down Bran Stark, leaving Daenerys’ two dragons free to mow down Wights with little resistance.
Pick: A Member of the Dead (-250)
What Time Will the First Living Character Be Killed in the Battle of Winterfell?
|When Will the First Living Character Be Killed in the Battle of Winterfell?||Odds at Bovada|
|9:15 pm ET or Earlier||-115|
|9:15 pm ET or Later||-115|
This is tricky to dissect because there’s little information to go off of. Episode 3 is slated to run for 82 minutes, all of which will take place in Winterfell. We know it will be the longest battle sequence ever, and we know that it will be directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who previously directed Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards.
Those two episodes are best known for their legendary battle scenes, but both contained a substantial amount of lead up before the fighting began, as did the other famous battle episode Blackwater in Season 2. We know the fighting won’t take place the minute the opening credits finish, and I have to believe there’s still at least 15 minutes of set-up left before the first kill is recorded.
Pick: 9:15 pm ET or Later (-115)
Who Will Perish First in Season 8?
|Who Will Perish First in Season 8?||Odds at Bovada|
Let’s not overthink this one. The Theon Greyjoy redemption tour has reached its final stop. He earned back the trust of his fellow Ironborn, he rescued his sister and now he’s been welcomed back into the Stark’s good graces.
— The Night King (@WightsKing) April 22, 2019
He’ll be in charge of guarding Bran in the Godswood, which is essentially a death mission, and when the Night King comes Theon will sacrifice himself like he did those two innocent farmboys way back in Season 2.
Pick: Theon Greyjoy (+125)
Our Other Game of Thrones Season 8 Coverage:
- Yara Favored to be First Greyjoy to Perish in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say Arya Will be the First Stark to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds to Be Dead at the End of Game of Thrones Season 8: Jon Snow Favored to Survive; Odds Split on Daenerys
- The Mountain Favored to Die Before The Hound in Game of Thrones
- Arya Stark Props: Odds Say Arya Won’t Complete Her Kill List in Season 8 of GoT
- Cersei Lannister Season 8 Props: Odds Say She is Pregnant, Will Be Killed by Arya
- Odds Say Bran Stark is Not the Night King in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Odds: Jon Snow Listed as Favorite to Kill the Ice Dragon
- Head-to-Head Odds to Perish 1st in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Bovada & BetOnline Far Apart on Game of Thrones Season 8 Odds
- Jon Snow or Bran Stark? Odds to Rule Westeros at End of Game of Thrones Season 8
- Yara Greyjoy Favored to Perish First in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Cersei Favored to be First Lannister to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- You Can Bet on the First & Last Person to Speak in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Odds Say Rhaegal Will Be First Dragon to Perish in Season 8 of Game of Thrones
- Over/Under Number of People Arya Stark Kills in Season 8 Set at 3.5; Odds Say Cersei is First
- You Can Bet on What Bran Stark Will Warg into Next in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Odds Say the Night King Will Be Confirmed as a Stark in Season 8 Game of Thrones
- Odds Favor Jaime Lannister Killing Cersei in Season 8 of Game of Thrones, Arya Listed at 5-2 Odds
- Odds Say Cersei Lannister Won’t Give Birth Birth Before End of Game of Thrones
- Updated Game of Thrones Odds After Episode 1: Odds Jaime Kills Cersei & More
- After Season 8 Premiere, Odds Against Bronn Killing Tyrion in Game of Thrones
Let's have fun and keep it civil.