- Seton Hall battles TCU on Friday night in the Round of 64
- The Pirates have won six of their last seven
- Read on for TCU vs Seton Hall odds, lines, preview, and picks
In South Region action, #9 TCU (20-12) and #8 Seton Hall (21-10) will go toe to toe on Friday in San Diego in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The tip-off is scheduled for 9:57 PM ET.
The Pirates have been hot but they were surprisingly knocked out in the Big East quarterfinals last Thursday, losing by 10 points to UConn. The Horned Frogs meanwhile, were taken down by Kansas in the Big 12 semifinals a week ago Friday.
This is the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
TCU vs Seton Hall Odds
|TCU||+1.5 (-110)||-110||Ov 130 (-110)|
|Seton Hall||-1.5 (-110)||-110||Un 130 (-110)|
Odds as of March 16th at Caesars Sportsbook. See list of Caesars Sportsbook promo options.
Can TCU Get it Done?
Heading into only their second appearance in the NCAA Tournament since 1998, the Horned Frogs notched some impressive victories against top-tier teams this season. Jamie Dixon’s squad beat the likes of Kansas, Texas Tech, LSU, and Texas, but fell short to the Jayhawks when it mattered most in the Big 12 tourney.
The KU defense kept TCU’s offense pretty quiet last week, with Chuck O’Bannon’s 15 points leading the way. NBA prospect Mike Miles also had 14, but outside of these two, it was a rather forgettable performance. But, playing in such a tough conference does give the Horned Frogs a lot more hope for a contest like this vs. Seton Hall, who are eerily similar on both ends of the floor in terms of efficiency.
— TCU Basketball (@TCUBasketball) March 16, 2022
Miles (15 PPG) and Damion Baugh (10.7 PPG) are their two leading scorers but do most of their damage inside. In fact, TCU is shooting just 30% from downtown in 2021/22. Their frontcourt is imposing though, ranking ninth in offensive boards and 27th in overall rebounds. 6’11 Eddie Lampkin will be relied upon to try and win the battle down low.
Pirates Are Rolling
Despite the loss to UConn, Seton Hall is really coming into their own lately, winning six in a row prior to the defeat and taking down Georgetown on two occasions, Xavier, and Creighton, who was in the Big East final against Villanova. That’s numerous solid teams who the Pirates have beaten recently, which is certainly a good sign heading into the first round here.
This is the program’s 14th time in the Big Dance and fifth in the last six years. What’s even more impressive about Seton Hall’s recent run is they’re doing it without senior guard Bryce Aiken, one of their best players. Backcourt partner Jared Rhoden has really stepped up to the occasion in his place, leading the offense with 15.9 points and 6.8 boards per night.
ON HIS HEAD 😳
— FOX College Hoops (@CBBonFOX) March 10, 2022
Just like TCU, the Pirates thrive inside, sitting within the top-25 in rebounds. That’s much in part to 7’2 big man Ike Obiagu. The battle between him and Lampkin could be a serious difference-maker in this game. If Rhoden comes to play as well, it’s going to make life very tough on the Horned Frogs, who aren’t winning much as of late.
TCU vs Seton Hall Prediction
This game feels like a real toss-up which makes it difficult to decide the best March Madness betting strategy here. But, it’s hard to not take Seton Hall because they’re truly playing much better than TCU at the moment and have a serious game-changer in Jared Rhoden.
With the spread at just one point, the moneyline is going to be the best bet here.
Pick: Seton Hall moneyline (-110)
Other March Madness Content
First Round Game Previews (Friday)
- Loyola Chicago vs Ohio State Odds and Picks (12:15 pm ET)
- Jacksonville State vs Auburn Picks and Odds (12:40 pm ET)
- Montana State vs Texas Tech Odds, Lines and Spread (1:45 pm ET)
- Yale vs Purdue Picks and Odds (2:00 pm ET)
- Delaware vs Villanova Odds, Lines and Spread (2:45 pm ET)
- Miami vs USC Odds and Picks (3:10pm ET)
- Notre Dame vs Alabama Picks and Odds (4:15 pm ET)
- Virginia Tech vs Texas Odds, Lines and Spread (4:30 pm ET)
- Chattanooga vs Illinois Odds and Picks (6:30 pm ET)
- Cal State Fullerton vs Duke Picks and Odds (7:10 pm ET)
- Iowa State vs LSU Odds, Lines and Spread (7:20 pm ET)
- Wright State vs Arizona Prediction (7:27 pm ET)
- UAB vs Houston Picks and Odds (9:20pm ET)
- Davidson vs Michigan State Odds, Lines and Spread (9:40 pm ET)
- Colgate vs Wisconsin Odds and Picks (9:50 pm ET)
First Round Game Previews (Thursday)
- Michigan vs Colorado State Odds and Picks (12:15 pm ET)
- Providence vs South Dakota State Picks and Odds (12:40 pm ET)
- Memphis vs Boise State Odds, Lines and Spread (1:45 pm ET)
- Norfolk State vs Baylor Odds and Picks (2:00 pm ET)
- Longwood vs Tennessee Picks and Odds (2:45 pm ET)
- Richmond vs Iowa Odds, Lines, and Spread (3:10 pm ET)
- Gonzaga vs Georgia State Odds (4:15 pm ET)
- Marquette vs UNC Picks and Odds (4:30 pm ET)
- New Mexico State vs UConn Odds, Lines, and Spread (6:50 pm ET)
- Saint Peter’s vs Kentucky Odds and Picks (7:10 pm ET)
- Indiana vs Saint Mary’s Picks and Odds (7:20 pm ET)
- Creighton vs San Diego State Odds, Lines, and Spread (7:27 pm ET)
- Vermont vs Arkansas Odds and Picks (9:20 pm ET)
- San Francisco vs Murray State Picks and Odds (9:40 pm ET)
- Akron vs UCLA Odds, Lines, and Spread (9:50 pm ET)
- Texas Southern vs Kansas Odds and Picks (9:57 pm ET)
- East Region Odds — Baylor Earns Top Seed, Kentucky Favored
- Midwest Region Odds See Kansas Favored Over Auburn, Iowa and Wisconsin
- South Region Odds: Arizona +110 Favorites, Tennessee & Houston Sleepers
- West Regional Odds: Gonzaga Odds-On Favorite to Reach Final Four