- The Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship tees off March 28th
- The tournament is contested opposite the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
With the big guns in the sport teeing off at the World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play, the Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship will give lesser-known players an opportunity to break through with a PGA Tour title of their own.
This is just the second time this event has been contested on the PGA Tour, with the previous two years before that playing host to a Web.com event. Former Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo enters this tournament for the second straight year hoping to improve on his poor performance during his last go around.
2019 Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship Odds
|Golfer||2019 Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
*Odds taken 03/26/19. Follow the link in the table above to see all options.
Sung-Jae Im Poised for 1st PGA Tour Victory
Last season 20-year old phenom Sung-Jae Im led the Web.com money list after week one and never relinquished that title the entire season.
Since 2013 at least 1 golfer who finished Top 5 in the https://t.co/G4q3Y7MjtM rankings won a PGA Tour event the following year. Here’s the Top 5 from this year:
1. Im Sung-jae
2. Denny McCarthy
3. Kramer Hickok
4. Bae Sang-moon
5. Anders Albertson
— Kenny Kim (@KendoVT) September 24, 2018
He turned heads in his first tour start this year with a tie for fourth showing and he’s been knocking on the door more and more.
🚨 ANOTHER ACE ALERT 🚨
The perfect spin for Sungjae Im!
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 15, 2019
He’s the betting co-favorite for a reason, having been in contention in three of his last four events. There isn’t a ton of value at +1600, but this is the best bet to make for a guy 17th on the FedEx Cup Rankings in his rookie season.
Sung Jae Im’s Best Finishes this Season
|Arnold Palmer Invitational||T-3rd|
|Waste Management Phoenix Open||T-7th|
Past Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship Winners
*Contested as a Web.com Tour event
2019 Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship Best Value Picks
- Dominic Bozzelli (+5500): Won on this course in 2016 when it was a Web.Com Tour event. First in strokes gained-putting this season. Posted a fifth place showing earlier in season at the Desert Classic.
- Roger Sloan (+6000): Made four straight cuts including a tie for second last month in Puerto Rico. Finished inside top-30 at tough tracks for the Honda Classic and Arnold Palmer Invitational.
- Curtis Luck (+6600): 2016 US Amateur champ starting to make his mark in the pro game. Was in contention in two of last three events, including Valspar Championship last tournament where he finished a season best tie for 13th.
- Brice Garnett (+8000): Struggling with his game of late but won this tournament last year. Wasn’t playing overly well at time of maiden tour title in 2018. Finished fifth at Mayakoba Golf Classic this season.